Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] TRU - 79004 Hobbit Barrel Escape $25.50

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    got it. thanks!

36% off for a TRU exclusive isn't bad at all. I've always liked the parts and figure selection in this set too
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Thanks! I'm in for 2 at my local store. Apparently that's all they have...
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Good find. I know my store has atleast 12 of them.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2013
    This is a great price. Good alert @starfailure.

I had used some lingering VIP points at Lego in the fall to buy this at $45, and I still paid more than this deal - [email protected] has been a complete bust for me this year. Oh well, great price here, good figs, exclusive figs and imho, you can never have too many longbows, elven glaives and wine bottles.

It is possible, and far too easy to have too many Bilbos though :)
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    Will the good deals and spending never cease! :D Thanks for heads up Star, in for 2!
  • StillBuildingStillBuilding Member Posts: 23
    Thank you!! got one!! :)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Thanks for the heads up... that is a really, really good discount on a TRU exclusive...
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    FWIW, this set is OoS on S&H right now
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    My purple barrels from parting out the Funhouse Escape needed some company. Thanks Star!
  • xeeeejxeeeej Member Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    The $25 off $100 doesn't stack on the TRU website. But it does when you buy through their ebay page & buy 4 of them. :)
    Thanos75BTHodgemanCircleKgivemeabrickogelogelklatu003LegoManiacc
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    ^ That's awesome. I wish I'd have thought of trying it. I'll try to get them to price-match w/ a printout.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 356
    ^Ok, I wasn't really tempted until that last post. I just paid $82 for 4 of them including tax... And here I thought all the good sales were past already.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    ^^^ Now I'm in for 4 more... GRR.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Dammit. I'm in for 4. I'm also signing out of brickset until after New Years. It's getting ridiculous.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Awesome. Bypassing purchase limits from buying from the store and ebay. That is 12 barrel escapes for me since I bought 4 during the BOGO50 as well.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 356
    Odd, if you look at the sales history of the offer, it doesn't appear that they started letting the $25 off $100 occur until somewhere between 3 and 4 pm ET. Those purchased before 4 pm appear to have paid $25.50, whereas those starting right before 4 pm are all listed as paying "Sold as a special offer." Since I bought mine after that time, it actually shows $19.25 as the purchase price (no tax included at that point.) More Toysrus pricing madness I presume.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 319
    Thanks, I got this to stack with the 25 off of 100 also and got the new batman/riddler set with two barrel escapes and two of the Tonto campfire sets for about 80 dollars.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Well crap, looks like I'm heading to tru after we go watch the new Hobbit movie. Thanks for the heads-up...I think :)
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    so annoyed this item doesn't post internationally! Most of their Lego does. Im really missing out here.
  • leppgleppg Member Posts: 45
    Doesn't seem to allow more than 2 on the Ebay page. Anyone else notice this?
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    That's the message I'm getting, too. Oh well!
  • leppgleppg Member Posts: 45
    Maybe I shall wait this out, I remember the limits on the funhouse sale going up and down.
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 496
    edited December 2013
    So the SW super pack is on sale on Ebay TRU store for $111.99 AND the $25 off stacks, so total cost is $86.99 (plus tax of course). Doesn't work for the regular TRU website, but got my order in on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=350949981561&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_ssn=toysrus&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=star+wars+super+pack&_sacat=0&_from=R40
    kim43235
    That's what I'm doing. Every five minutes I'm trying to increase the 2 in my cart to 4. We shall see...
    I'm surprised this is still in stock, unless they are overselling and will just cancel a ton of orders.

Has it not been posted anywhere else yet?
    ebay is showing "Item not available" now...
    I wonder what the difference between eBay's listed inventory is vs. their own web site. You'd think they would hold inventory back for themselves, but with the way TRU runs, you never know.

It did let me just buy 4 more from their web site directly.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    I bought 4 of those super packs during the BOGO50. Was a good deal.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    I actually think this set will go nicely with the Goblin King. I know many didn't like that set, but I think these two together provide a fair amount of action/adventure play for a 6-7 year old boy who doesn't know anything about the movie or books.
    xeeeej said:

The $25 off $100 doesn't stack on the TRU website. But it does when you buy through their ebay page & buy 4 of them. :)

well, 4 more now. $19.25 each...52% off.

leppg said:

Doesn't seem to allow more than 2 on the Ebay page. Anyone else notice this?

let me buy 4 on the ebay page just now
    ^ Sweet... but it only lets you do it once. :(

Boo!

Or is someone else getting it to do it more than once on eBay?
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    I now have 2 orders for 4 coming my way. I had to wait for them to relist the item to place the 2nd order. This is such a great price.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    @sweetness whats the link for batman/riddler i can't find it in toysrus site
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    Ordered 4 from the ebay store for $81.32. Says 51 sold in the last hour. I'm gonna have to get a third job to keep up with all these sales!
    Now it says 61 sold in the past hour... and that is with the restriction on 4 per customer.

Sheesh, how many of these do they have? They should be gone already!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Yup, it's back. I held off all day but finally pulled the trigger on 4 with $25 off of 50% off, smoking hot deal!
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    if its TRU exclusive they should have at least 1500 :) for online sales ...
    ~850 stores *10 =8500 +1500 = 10000 total TRU :)

Now it says 61 sold in the past hour... and that is with the restriction on 4 per customer.

Sheesh, how many of these do they have? They should be gone already!

@starwarsfan77

I bought the items in store this morning. Sorry I don't have a link.

• busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    edited December 2013
    Man, it'd have been better with the $10 off via Paypal offer, which happened to have ended on 12/15.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194

@starwarsfan77

Did the Barrel set rang up as regular price or the discounted price at TRU store? Before the eBay deal, I was hoping that I could use the $10 off $50 Wendy's kid's meal coupon on two Barrel sets. I have a feeling that if I have to ask for price match, then they won't let me use the coupon.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Looks like it's done.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 717
    It seems like TRU has decided that their exclusive is becoming an albatross. I have been watching the price go up and down. Today I decided to go to the store on our way home from real life stuff. I picked one up expecting to price match online to $39.99 and get the $10 gift card. In line I pulled up Tru.com and saw the $25.50 price. Nice. Now I get home and see this smoking deal. Thanks guys! All the dwarves need a barrel after all.
    margot
    edited December 2013
    busumoe1 said:

@starwarsfan77

Did the Barrel set rang up as regular price or the discounted price at TRU store? Before the eBay deal, I was hoping that I could use the $10 off $50 Wendy's kid's meal coupon on two Barrel sets. I have a feeling that if I have to ask for price match, then they won't let me use the coupon.
    I had to ask for a PM to the TRU web site. Then the cash register took the extra 25 off for going over 100.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,820
    Well, darn. Bought 4 at the sale price, which was great, but missed the extra $25 off. Now it doesn't even show up from Toys R Us online. Oh well.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Keep checking back. They keep changing the listing.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2013
    klatu003 said:

It seems like TRU has decided that their exclusive is becoming an albatross. I have been watching the price go up and down. Today I decided to go to the store on our way home from real life stuff. I picked one up expecting to price match online to $39.99 and get the $10 gift card. In line I pulled up Tru.com and saw the $25.50 price. Nice. Now I get home and see this smoking deal. Thanks guys! All the dwarves need a barrel after all.

I don't know if I'd consider this set a burden, but they do appear to be dumping some exclusives, between this set and the recent Y-wing $35 price and free-inclusion deals.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2013
    And it's back on TRU eBay with the $25 off. Go Go Go :)
    sidersdd
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^ Hooray for randomly checking! Happened upon it and took the opportunity. Then came here to post.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,234
    There's something wrong with me... I can't stop my fingers from repeatedly pushing "confirm purchase".

TRU offering ridiculously good daily deals... the world really has gone insane.