Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from the UK :)

suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
Hello all, nice to be on the forum at last, have been using the main site for a while. I collect Lego Star Wars (Episodes 4-6 only), as they are the films I grew up with. Collection is coming along nicely and I just picked up some great 2006 sets, B Wing, Slave 1, and Jabba's Sail Barge. I did have a question about the barge 6210 set but not sure where to put it ? Anyway nice to be here.

James

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited December 2013
    Welcome @suprajames! Star wars fan here too :-) (and many more)

Where to post a question about #6210 depends on what sort if question it is...

Btw, a stormtrooper was my first avatar as well ;-)
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    edited December 2013
    I changed to boba fett now, one of my fave characters :), question was just about the fact that i see some sets were supplied with 3 solid 8x8 tan (brick yellow/beige) plates instead of the 8x8 grille plates, my set sadly has the solid plates and was wondering how common this was, am currently trying to get some grille plates from bricklink via a US seller, the set and box are perfect apart from that.
    also not sure if there is a place to list all the sets i own ? or is my account here linked to my normal brickset account and so people can see what sets I own and want ?
    I'm not sure how common it is, but on bricklink the 8x8 grill plate comes up in the inventory page and the solid 8x8 plate comes up as an 'alternate part', see here.

No, not on the forum, but i'm sure you can provide links on your forum profile page.

Hope that helps :-)
    thank you @rancorbait i am waiting on a seller to get back to me with a price for the 3 shipped to the UK :).
    will work out how to add a link, but have 32 sets so far, really want an at-at but prices are so high for a decent set !
    edited December 2013
    Nice,

Yeah, prices are getting pretty high, which AT-AT are you looking for?

I see your 'sets I own' link is up :-)
    would really like an 8129 the newer set, some say the older sets look nicer, but id be happy with any just 8129 as a preference :) finally got a slave 1 which i was after for ages but now want the newer slave 1 as well !
    rancorbait
    Ok, I have #4483, as well as both of the slave 1s, they are great sets!
    thats a great set to, at-at and slave 1 are my fave SW ships/vehicles, but have to say i am very impressed with #6210, not the most sturdy model but very detailed, awesome mini figures and great to build. I have a lot of sets that are still BNISB but I also love buying sets that are still mint but boxes have been opened just so i can build them :)
    am trying to get the ACM sorted but dont think it likes iPad as I can not enter any details :(
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited December 2013
    If no luck with the plates, I have them from the same set. Mine isn't complete and I've no interest in finding the remaining pieces.

I'm in the UK and can post them out Monday

@Supertramp you have the 3 tan 8x8 grille plates from the older sail barge set ? would be very interested if you do, and quicker than ordering from the states, will see if i get a reply back on BL.
    Yes from the original set, send me your address and I'll post them out Monday when I post my other stuff.

Do you need any other bits?
    wow awesome :), how much do you want for them ? and no luckily the set was pretty mint, even down to the frog and chicken legs lol
    These ones
    thats the ones :), i got plain boring solid plates in my set, looked on ebay and saw a few more sets had the same issue, maybe there was a shortage of the grille plates !
    edited December 2013
    [Edit] removed.

No charge buddy.

Glad I can help. a fellow member helped me when I first joined so I just repaying the favour.
    GothamConstructionCocheshirecat
    wow, what can i say that is very very kind, and i will remember this and hopefully i can do the same for another member one day :), will send you over my address.
    what a great forum this is, very friendly, just hope i can help someone out some day.
    Looks like you have you have an answer to your question @suprajames ;-)
    indeed i do, very happy now :D, but think its time for sleep now, before i find myself on ebay buying more sets lol
    Not even sleep can keep you off the forum, sometimes I find myself awake at 3 am, and on Brickset. I'm sure some of the other members do the same.... :-)
    yes will admit this lego stuff is all very addictive, not to mention expensive !
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 775
    Welcome to the forum @suprajames.

This thread has become a wonderful example of just how friendly and knowledgable the AFOL community can be.

Btw is the Supra in suprajames a reference to your mode of transport?

Nick.
    it is indeed a great place and very friendly :), and yes @gothamconstructionco that does indeed
    At first glance I thought it said Superjames! Lol
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 775
    ^ lol

So you have a thing for expensive hobbies then? @suprajames ;-)

Mk3 or mk4? Btw.
    @rancorbait im far from super lol, and @gothamconstructionco its a uk spec mk4, and yes its more expensive then lego !
    GothamConstructionCorancorbait