Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

My custom sticker for Palace Cinema

Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
edited December 2013 in Building and Techniques
As the titles suggests, here is my custom sticker for the Palace Cinema, just thought I would share, has anyone done one similar?
margotLegoManiaccLegoboyLegobutterfly

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Looks great! but don't you think it would be better if it was a specific episode, say, Return of the Jedi?
  • Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
    I was going for the original 77 release before it became a saga, thought that fitted better with the style of the modular itself, otherwise it would of been Empire Strikes Back!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited December 2013
    @rancorbait it is - its episode IV

edit: ah, I see @Agent_Debris beat me to it.

@rancorbait it is - its episode IV

edit: ah, I see @Agent_Debris beat me to it.

Really how did I miss that!?

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    All you need now is a long line of cosplaying fans waiting to get in. :)
    LegoManiacc
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    edited December 2013
    You can tell who are old Star Wars Fans and who are newer Star Wars fans when you say Star Wars and hear them ask 'What episode'? :)
    LegoboykorGIR3691carlqStyerjasorbluemodernmargotLostInTranslation
    ^ Guilty :-)
    Legoboy
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I say take a Bioshock alternate universe approach and go with "Revenge of the Jedi"
    Lol, I think I'll go for "The phantom menace strikes back"
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Brick Harvest?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654

I say take a Bioshock alternate universe approach and go with "Revenge of the Jedi"

Or our universe in November 1982 before the title was changed.

... I'll see myself out.

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 748
    It occurs to me that it'd be pretty simple to re-create the Palace sticker sheet in Adobe. A great chance to personalise a set for a loved one this Christmas.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,707
    Aleydita said:

It occurs to me that it'd be pretty simple to re-create the Palace sticker sheet in Adobe. A great chance to personalise a set for a loved one this Christmas.

My brother has been trying to make some movie posters for some of the LEGO licensed themes to go with the Palace Cinema. It seems like it'd be easy, since LEGO has released LEGO versions of several of those movie posters through their website, but it turns out that it's actually surprisingly difficult to convert into the simple palette of flat colors that tends to characterize LEGO sticker sheets (I'm not fond of simple printouts of full-color images — a lot of the time, complex gradients and photorealistic details look out-of-place in a toy that tends to be broken up into broad fields of flat color).
    GIR3691 said:

Or our universe in November 1982 before the title was changed.

... I'll see myself out.

Not really. In our universe it was never listed on any marquee like @Agent_Debris did, just on some rare posters and promotional materials.
    edited December 2013
    Aanchir said:

Aleydita said:

My brother has been trying to make some movie posters for some of the LEGO licensed themes to go with the Palace Cinema. It seems like it'd be easy, since LEGO has released LEGO versions of several of those movie posters through their website, but it turns out that it's actually surprisingly difficult to convert into the simple palette of flat colors that tends to characterize LEGO sticker sheets (I'm not fond of simple printouts of full-color images — a lot of the time, complex gradients and photorealistic details look out-of-place in a toy that tends to be broken up into broad fields of flat color).
    FYI, the Lego Movie poster that was made for the PC is full, photorealistic color.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,707

Aanchir said:

Aleydita said:

FYI, the Lego Movie poster that was made for the PC is full, photorealistic color.
    Yeah, I know. It kind of bothers me, though I understand that since it is basically a downscaled version of an official movie poster, TLG and Warner Bros. might not like to see it reduced in detail. Reducing the detail too much would also kind of spoil the whole point of the LEGO Movie logo, which is that it's made from actual LEGO pieces.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    I have a custom ESB poster. It is just a photo of Darth Vader (the minifig) with the ESB logo. Simple but effective.