Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU free y-wing is back

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited December 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Free y-wing on some of the pricier sets. Some sets are inflated, but others at MSRP such as Horizon Express, Palace Cinema, Grand Emporium, Sopwith Camel

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=30847086&type=trigger
lordzarak

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Same deal on FAO.com and some sets priced differently.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    Thanks!
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Cottage went out while in cart :(
  • BigKidBigKid Member Posts: 29
    margot said:

Free y-wing on some of the pricier sets. Some sets are inflated, but others at MSRP such as Horizon Express, Palace Cinema, Grand Emporium, Sopwith Camel

http://www.toysrus.com/searchHandler/index.jsp?promoId=30847086&type=trigger

Thanks! Picked up a few sets!!

BigKid
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    Great deal on sc.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited December 2013
    Awesome, looks like I'll finally get my Horizon Express after refusing to pay full retail previously!

Now I need to decide if that's a good enough discount on the Palace Cinema to buy!

Edit: PC sold out :(
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Thanks for the heads-up! I really wanted the PC but the HE is cool. Anyone think theres a chance of the PC coming back in stock before the prom ends? I can always sell the extra Y Wing on feebay
    @nkx1, I also thought I got my HE during the similar deal 2-3 weeks ago (free #7347) HE got cancelled, but I received the #7347...
    margotcanon03
    also the #9495 Y-wing is now sold out/retired soon on LEGO.com
    @kor: who knows about the PC coming back in stock. If it does, my guess is it will be sold out again incredibly fast, so we'll have to be quick!

@ColoradoBricks: yeah, I remember reading about that. Congrats! I'd almost rather have the free set. Then I'd wait for another deal on HE or head down to the Lego store and get 5% VIP points on top of the already free set.
    nkx1 said:

@kor: who knows about the PC coming back in stock. If it does, my guess is it will be sold out again incredibly fast, so we'll have to be quick!

I'm not leaving my computer for the rest of the day!
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Thanks! I'm a sucker for these deals. Went with the Horizon Express.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    edited December 2013
    Ugh, I just cannot do it, Cyber Monday wiped me out. Which is good, considering all of the sets eligible are out of stock right now if I wanted to get any.
    I just hope Retails stores keep doing this type of deal with bonus sets or gift cards and that LEGO does not try to stop this being done.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Yeah, only thing left is SSD and X-wing, both of which are overpriced by pretty much the resale price of a Y-wing.
    Argh! I went with instore pickup for the Y-Wing and it was cancelled. On hold to talk to someone about getting one shipped or cancelling.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    If you want the X-Wing, FAO site has it at RRP.
  • Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 81
    Pet shop back in stock.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Good catch on the Pet shops....I have been wanting a couple more. Thanks
    Well, because my in store pickup of the Y-Wing was cancelled, I had to make a second transaction. This time I made it so the Y-Wing comes from the warehouse. The person I spoke with could do nothing to alter my order so the solution is when the HE from the first order arrives, I have to return it to the store. Seems like a waste.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    My Pet shop orders are processing...fingers crossed.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    lordzarak said:

Well, because my in store pickup of the Y-Wing was cancelled, I had to make a second transaction. This time I made it so the Y-Wing comes from the warehouse. The person I spoke with could do nothing to alter my order so the solution is when the HE from the first order arrives, I have to return it to the store. Seems like a waste.

Easier is to just refuse the delivery (assuming you are refusing the right box). It'll be sent back and you'll be refunded. I've had to do that a couple times with FAO/TRU stuff.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Anybody else get their Wish List gift cards today? Woot!
    kwkw
    edited December 2013

Easier is to just refuse the delivery (assuming you are refusing the right box). It'll be sent back and you'll be refunded. I've had to do that a couple times with FAO/TRU stuff.

I'm not around to refuse the delivery. Not sure how else to go about that. Besides, I live a couple blocks away from TRU so that's not a concern. I might like having the option to return one HE should one of the two arrive in sub-par condition. I just hope that my local TRU doesn't give me grief over returning half of a deal when they cancelled the other half.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Typical TRU, everything out of stock. HE shows in stock for ship to home until you pull it up and then you can't add to the basket.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Chang405 said:

Pet shop back in stock.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for a deal on the PS for awhile now. Hoping the order goes through. I will need to get rid of that Y-Wing fast though before it leads to further temptation. I absolutely refuse to break the Star Wars seal.
    @wagnerml2, it worked on FAO.com I ordered one not too long ago... FAO HE order take 2 for me.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^^ I was able to add 2 HE to my cart (did not follow through to checkout though).
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    edited December 2013
    GE is back in stock, same with TH, at least the site is showing them as available. They also appear in the cart
    edited December 2013
    FAO has the Palace Cinema back in stock!

Edit: So does TRU
    edited December 2013
    Geez, that was fast! It's been less than 30 mins and already OOS! Ah well, I'll keep checking... Thanks for the heads-up.
    Hope my order made it through.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    edited December 2013
    Was just able to submit an order for a Horizon Express with the free Y-wing. A free $60 set with a $130 purchase, not too bad!!!
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    FAO showing Fire Brigade in stock and eligible for the free Y-wing.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    BlueTaco said:

FAO showing Fire Brigade in stock and eligible for the free Y-wing.

Hmm, tempting... hmm... :)

So... how many orders do you think one could place without having them all canceled? :)
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Just ordered PS from TRU. Still showing in stock
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Also, hope it is worth having two...Guess my son and I will build side by side instead of together on this one
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Thanks, it wasn't there a half hour ago. I was looking.
    My first order from FAO with the HE just got canceled.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2013
    ^They still have the HE at TRU, it's been mostly in stock. Try there. When did you place the order @kor?
    I placed a HE order on FAO at on 12/13 at 12:40pm. It shows shipped with a tracking number. Y-Wing still not shipped.
    margot said:

^They still have the HE at TRU, it's been mostly in stock. Try there. When did you place the order @kor?

It was from FAO. To be honest I didn't really want the train. I was going to sell it and keep the Y Wing. I do want the PC so hopefully that one sticks :)
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    My WVC was just cancelled, but my free Y-Wing still shows up with a tracking number except I was charged $6.75 for tax. I guess that works for me:) A $6.75 Y-Wing. I'd take a few more at that price:)
    margotkorstarfailureBrickDancerLegoFanTexasFollowsClosely
    Okay, so I stopped at my TRU this morning and they had a bunch of Y-Wings, despite them cancelling my in store pickup yesterday. I didn't bother asking. I had other shopping to do.
    LegoFanTexas
    lordzarak said:

Okay, so I stopped at my TRU this morning and they had a bunch of Y-Wings, despite them cancelling my in store pickup yesterday. I didn't bother asking. I had other shopping to do.

I have three orders sitting in boxes that I have to call TRU about, either wrong qty or completely the wrong item.

I dislike buying from TRU just for all the mistakes I have to fix. Target has made one mistake in tons of orders, and they issued a prompt refund and offered a $10 gift card for the trouble, that is how you do it.

Amazon? Almost completely error proof, only one or two errors per thousand orders (and yes, I've placed over 1,000 orders this year with Amazon).

TRU? I've placed maybe 30 orders in the past 30 days and 3 of them are completely wrong, that is a 10% error rate.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^Whoa, Tex, hold your horses! It's not like they're Kmart...!

(100% error rate and counting)

My Pet Shops and Y-Wings ordered yesterday shipped today. Don't know if it's TRU's "party like you're dying" strategy or what, but it's been a fantastic season for buying Lego from them. Now if only they could be delivered without the courtesy punt from the truck.
    My damage rate from everyone has dropped off to almost nothing, but that is because I finally got a new UPS driver and made enough noise to my account rep.

I'm sure my old driver is somewhere else, smashing boxes for the fun of it, but even my TRU orders are now coming mostly damage free.

I never have purchased from KMart, we don't have any local, shame, because they offer some crazy deals sometimes.
    edited December 2013
    I've never had any mistakes from TRU when ordering Lego, but I don't order a whole lot from them (maybe three to five times per year). However, my wife ordered a bunch of baby clothes/stuff from Babies R Us (same company obviously) via ebay, and it was astounding how much stuff was sent in error. I think, at best, about 40% of the order was correct. It's almost like the warehouse employees just get tired of filling orders after a while and they're like, "screw it, just throw something in a box and send it".
  • flyingpigflyingpig Member Posts: 119
    Kmart is easily the worst US shipper, TRU a clear second. However they do not ship LEGO in bags, with is more than can be said for some companies...
    flyingpig said:

Kmart is easily the worst US shipper, TRU a clear second. However they do not ship LEGO in bags, with is more than can be said for some companies...

Or the ebay sellers who take a sealed and retired set, wrap it in brown paper, and thow it in the mail.