Polys at walmart

dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
I found some polys at walmart today in the Christmas section in garden section. They had Emma's icecream stand #30106, a black car #30183, and fire car #30221
Icecream stand and fire car was $3.97 and the black car was $3.47.
margotjust2good

Comments

• just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    The Black Car is new, nice find. I was hoping for the Craggar polybag this Christmas or the Legolas polybag at Walmart or even (very unlikely) the 2012 Uruk poly or 2012 Friends Beach poly.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited December 2013
    The Fire car bag was also at Target as well, at least a month ago it was. Cheaper at Walmart though (no surprise)
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Oh..#30253 leonidias jungle dragster was also present. It was $3.97
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I was at 2 different WM today and both had different polys.
    Chima #30253, #30350 (at Target and Kmart also)
    Lone Ranger Pump Car
    Friends #30106 Ice Cream Stand and Friends Summer Picnic
    Fire Car #30221
    Creator #30183
    TMNT Kraang
    just2good
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Ooh, Lone Ranger Pump Car. I gotta get that one. Nice finds!
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    @scotty12 where was the pump car?! Thanks :)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2013
    Saw them at mine also. Last year they had nice cardboard displays for each individual poly. This year they (at least mine) threw them all into a big cardboard box melting pot.

It's nice to see the pump car available more widely. Even though it has no parts that are even remotely unique, it doesn't really work at all and the figure is one of the most prevalent ever, it's a really cute set.

As for the back car, meh. I like how Lego is great at doing so much with so little, but this thing may have crossed the line. Maybe next time we'll have 2 axles, 4 wheels a 2x1 plate and two of these http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4251161 and call it a car. But, in fairness, it does have some useful snot pieces, which are always welcoem.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Nothing in mine yet, super bummed! All I want this year is the car.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    I thought the 'Little Car' poly was universally hated :D Still, no collection is complete without it I suppose.
    I like it
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited December 2013
    I don't think it's a bad set per se, it's just that when you compare it to the other polys in the bin, it doesn't quite hold up - it's really more of a $3 poly, not $4. Also, to think for $1 more you can get something like #31013 #31014 or #31015 instead, it's very lacking. Plus, it's not like it has Ferrari branding or anything that would up the appeal. I bet if the windshield was a single piece, it would improve the look immensely.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    I'll support margot and add that I like that car, too. But I probably won't pick it up unless it's 50% off.
    If anyone wants to grab me 5 of the little car for cost I would be very grateful. It's the only one I want and I hate to have to keep going into Walmart looking.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    @margot I can grab them for you if you still need them. Let me know.
    @graphite, I think I am covered. But I have you for a backup. Thanks!
    Much thanks to @dneul for helping me out.