Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello brickset denizens!

Hey there, just got approved and I am glad to join the community here. After many years away I recently got back into LEGO due to a better job and a growing family, and I'm loving every minute of it! I enjoy collecting the polybag sets, LEGO, LOTR and Hobbit kits, and re-growing my collection of loose bricks by making heavy use of Pick-a-Brick walls at my local collection of LEGO stores (four within forty minutes of me -- quite a temptation).

Anyway, glad to be joining this forum and I look forward to hearing more about what's going on with LEGO and participating in this community.

Best,

ProgrammerDan

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,807
    Welcome aboard!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Word of advice: keep your wallet out of reach when browsing Brickset. There is a pandemic of impulse buying going around... New sets, deals, coupons, member trades and sales, it's madness!

Glad to have you!
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Welcome :)
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 663
    Four LEGO stores within 40 minutes...sounds like the Chicago area. Are you around here? Greetings from Mundelein (NW suburban Chi-town).
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Or Southern California where we have 6!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Welcome. It's a great group of Lego nuts here!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,365
    Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the forums.
  • programmerdanprogrammerdan Member Posts: 27
    Thanks Huw, Brickarmor, Legobutterfly, Oldfan, BrickDancer, AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz, and samiam291! I'm actually on the East Coast USA, up in northern New Jersey -- there's a surprising concentration of LEGO stores in that area.

Glad to meet you all, and thanks for the warning Brickarmor -- although perhaps a bit late! I found this site and bricklink earlier this year and managed to spend quite a bit before regaining my sanity (and control of my wallet!). Madness indeed, haha.