Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Upcoming Lego Ideas Book from DK

mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
edited August 2011 in Building and Techniques
New Lego book coming out from DK. I was a huge fan of The Lego Book and look forward to this as well.

200 pages
Releases 9/19/2011

Product Description

You have what it takes! Did you ever wonder what you can do with all of those LEGO® bricks after you have created the project they came with?

Now with The LEGO Ideas Book, you can take what you already have and make something new! The book is divided into six themed chapters—transportation, buildings, space, kingdoms, adventure, and useful makes—each with basic templates of key models and spreads to inspire you to create your own.

Hints and tips from Master Builders can help you turn your classic car into a race car or add a bridge to your castle! Don't be concerned if you haven't got all the bricks you need: this book also shows how to simplify details, making this a great user-friendly guide for any building ability.

Featuring all-new LEGO® building projects, tips to supplement and enhance your LEGO creations, inspirational builds, and expert advice from LEGO Master Builders, The LEGO Ideas Book will keep kids of all ages creating for hours.

Comments

• BothSidesOfTheBrickBothSidesOfTheBrick Member Posts: 18
    I've pre-ordered it. Can't wait for it to come out.
  • technicaltacticstechnicaltactics Member Posts: 47
    Eh, I'm not too thrilled, especially when LEGO makes a poor quality DK starwars dictionary thingy, one that I really feel was for the ages 4 - 8. These "ideas" on the cover don't look to be my style, I don't build sculptures.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    edited September 2011
    OK, I'm going to bump this back to the top because it's currently $15 on Amazon for the pre order.

Anyone have any opinions about it? Or should I wait to see it in a store?
  • macmonmacmon Member Posts: 80
    Any sneek peak of what is inside?
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,343
    That looks great. Off to pre-order now
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,538
    If the book is packed FULL of examples like that, it could be a very good book for most builders. There's some neat little touches in just those three pages alone.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    I've pre-ordered a copy, along with the LSW character book (just for the Solo fig :-) )
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Ordered mine and it looks great for the young builder and tips for me as a novice Afol builder too!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,206
    I pre-ordered mine ages ago - I had no idea what it was about, but have yet to be disappointed by a DK LEGO book.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,074
    As long as it doesn't have a LEGO historical timeline... I have yet to find a LEGO timeline that is accurate... the 1999 ULTIMATE LEGO BOOK had a lot of errors in their timeline... but then again come to think of it... so does the official LEGO website...
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    @pantboy - great link.
    Based on this feedback, I think I'll go ahead and order it.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,617
    Only £10 (and 2 pence???) on amazon.co.uk on pre-order. Looks pretty neat, but don't know if I'd actually get round to building anything inside. But as a kid (cough cough) I'd spend ages just flicking through the lego catalogues looking at the pictures!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I'm looking forward to it, hoping it will curb my shopping and push me to building again! I seem to spend about as much time buying as I do building at the mo.

Also, I got a couple of 80's catalogues recently, that are the same as what I had a child. I still have to pick them up and flick through each time I spot them in my folder of instructions. It's prompted me to keep all the lego cataglogues I now get sent, shame I didn't do that from the start of my light ages :(
  • photomommy201photomommy201 Member Posts: 1
    i ordered this on amazon yesterday and it says it shipped today....i thought it was not available till sep 19th?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Just got this book yesterday from Amazon, yep, it looks just as good as those 4 examples on the top, plenty of ideas...

One of the things I plan to do is use the Lego design software to try and build on the computer one of the models in this book, then have Lego ship it to me and then build it. :)
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 85
    just ordered mine, and despite the later release date, it was listed as in stock. same for the new lego star wars character encyclopedia. will post more when i have the book in hand.