Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

AR rifle stock ready for testing - MOC

feinsteinproject.org/loes/effortthumbhole/effortThumbhole.html

Feel free to contact me if you have trouble fitting the buffer tube. The upper and the area around the buffer tube MUST be glued.
FollowsCloselykylejohnson11

Comments

• backbencherbackbencher Member Posts: 16
    And installed, but not glued:

FollowsClosely1265
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    If those bricks are not glued, I can't imagine it would hold together for very long under fire.

Kinda cool, but... silly looking, IMHO... All black would look nicer, but I imagine you had to work with what you had.

I hate to say it, but some members of this forum, mostly from Europe and some parts of the US will be, "oh look, a scary looking gun, get it away from me". :)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Looks silly, seems utterly pointless and has probably messed up the balance. sorry to say it's the equivalent of upcycling on etsy. You've taken two perfectly workable things, a rifle and a pile of Lego and created something much worse than the sum of its parts.

I hate to say it, but some members of this forum, mostly from Europe and some parts of the US will be, "oh look, a scary looking gun, get it away from me". :)

Yes because not wanting to see, or perhaps your young children to see, a juxtaposition of killing machine and child's toy is just utterly crazy? I've shot plenty of assault rifles I've taught countless older children to do so but honestly I think the above has no place in a sensible mature society. I would like to think even some of the progun lobby would agree but they've gone so out there they probably couldn't in case it was seen as a weakness.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    ^ I disagree, it's not a sign of weakness. I think even people progun would have trouble mixing the two disciplines. Why not put the damn thing in a child's hands. "Hey, look what I made out of your bricks Sweetie.". Ridiculous.
    edited December 2013
    ^ totally agree it wouldn't be but in their (small) nra minds they would assume it is. And sadly I'm sure it's true that they would put it in their kids hands, but thats fine too so long as all the kids have them and the teachers have bigger ones. After all kids running around with Lego built assault rifles is probably what the founding fathers intended.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ You both think you're funny, and that's fine...

I thought about typing more, then thought better of it and decided to leave it be. :)
    kylejohnson11
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218

Give me strength....

I thought about typing more, then thought better of it and decided to leave it be. :)

Good call - I think you've typed more than enough already.
    SirKevbagsDaraghLegoMom1kiki180703
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm, have to agree, Lego and Assault Rifles don't really mix, in my mind anyway and I'm not even from Europe :)

@LFT not sure if they were trying to be funny really (a bit of sarcasm maybe), you need to get use to the fact that the majority of the western world think that the US gun laws are ludicrous, and I'm not just talking about lefty hippy tree huggers here.

I know something's wrong when the right leaning people I know who are pro gun, own guns & shoot guns also think the US gun laws are crazy.
    drdavewatfordSirKevbagsLegoboyLegobutterflykiki180703
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 946
    ^ Of all of my "insert pro gun label here" friends think gun laws are to many and too invasive already. Not a single one thinks current laws are "crazy".

Anyhow, the colors of the stock make this not work. All black or dark grey would work.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,462
    I like it much better when we argue about Delorean hood/bonnet design and if we are abusing the replacement parts site or not.
    FurrysaurusFollowsCloselyMatthewMorkMankiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685

^ You both think you're funny, and that's fine...

I'm not laughing.
    margotkiki180703
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259

^ Of all of my "insert pro gun label here" friends think gun laws are to many and too invasive already. Not a single one thinks current laws are "crazy".

Anyhow, the colors of the stock make this not work. All black or dark grey would work.

That's my point. USA vs the rest of the world, from my experience there's a huge difference in what the respective pro gun people think is acceptable.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure some here (Australia) think that our gun laws are too restrictive (and for those who think US laws are restrictive they should checkout Australia's) it just that most think assault riffles and the like have no place in the hands of civilians.

Personaly I think a Red, White & Blue stock would look better.

• backbencherbackbencher Member Posts: 16
    Well, you can build it in whatever colors you want. This is just a proof of concept - I will follow it up with a thumbhole stock, which will reinforce the lower. The lower needs to be reinforced b/c I'm not going to make my next lower receiver out of aluminum...
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 717
    This thread bothers me. I looked at backbenchers posts here. It appears that he is only here to promote his political agenda, not to share a an appreciation of Lego.
    @Huw @drdavewatford, @rocao, @matthew, @atkinsar @yellowcastle
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 940
    ^^
    The pot calling the kettle black.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 940
    klatu003 said:

This thread bothers me. I looked at backbenchers posts here. It appears that he is only here to promote his political agenda, not to share a an appreciation of Lego.

I'm curious if this bothered you?
    brickset.com/news/article/?ID=6566

I looked at @backbencher posts and see nothing other than his desire to share his MOC.
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy