Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

TRU TV Ad 12/9/13

Did anyone else see the TRU ad on TV talking about 2 for $4 and showing the elf and gingerbread man CMFs in the background? I don't recall the network we were watching and the phone ringing kept me from hearing the details.

Comments

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited December 2013
    There was a radio spot advertising the same deal. CMF's and some other item (I think some My Little Pony collectibles) will be 2 for $4 on Wednesday.
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2013
    I saw the TV spot, I believe it was on CBS during prime time, it said. This Wednesday only, in store only, CMF figures are 2 for $4.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Thanks! Now I need to find out what time they open and hope they don't limit them to two per purchase.
  • weevinweevin Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    In the print ad on the TRU site for tomorrow, it lists this offer, Series 11 minifigs 2 for $4, and says limit 2 offers per person, which I interpret to be a total of four minifigs. The ad is valid tomorrow (12/11 Wednesday) only. It specifically states in-store only.

It also lists #75104 Battle of Hoth for $35.99, limit 2. The one does not state in-store only.

Wednesday is double TRU Rewards points. The print ad also says open 8am-11pm but that is likely specific to my TRU store.

edit- The Friends mini pet bags (deer, parrot, etc) look to be $4 as well in this ad, which I think they have been for some of the holiday season already. I'm not sure if it's Series 3 only or all of them. You might get some sort of bonus bag (non-LEGO) for buying the "Stocking Stuffer"-tagged items too. This is listed at the bottom of the first page.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Not necessarily the "deal of the century," but Wednesday's are also double rewards points days right now... so it knocks off another 4% (8 cents!) per mini.

Most of the regular stores open at 8AM local time.

Brent
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Not sure if it's the same TV ad or not, but I saw one that showed the store Lego section with a voiceover saying 20 Lego sets are 50% off. Immediately following this, a 10 to 12 year old boy saying, "It's a good hobby to have." He sounded very sincere. Must be the child of an AFOL. :)