Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

TRU TV Ad 12/9/13

Did anyone else see the TRU ad on TV talking about 2 for $4 and showing the elf and gingerbread man CMFs in the background? I don't recall the network we were watching and the phone ringing kept me from hearing the details.

Comments

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited December 2013
    There was a radio spot advertising the same deal. CMF's and some other item (I think some My Little Pony collectibles) will be 2 for $4 on Wednesday.
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    edited December 2013
    I saw the TV spot, I believe it was on CBS during prime time, it said. This Wednesday only, in store only, CMF figures are 2 for $4.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Thanks! Now I need to find out what time they open and hope they don't limit them to two per purchase.
  • weevinweevin Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    In the print ad on the TRU site for tomorrow, it lists this offer, Series 11 minifigs 2 for $4, and says limit 2 offers per person, which I interpret to be a total of four minifigs. The ad is valid tomorrow (12/11 Wednesday) only. It specifically states in-store only.

It also lists #75104 Battle of Hoth for $35.99, limit 2. The one does not state in-store only.

Wednesday is double TRU Rewards points. The print ad also says open 8am-11pm but that is likely specific to my TRU store.

edit- The Friends mini pet bags (deer, parrot, etc) look to be $4 as well in this ad, which I think they have been for some of the holiday season already. I'm not sure if it's Series 3 only or all of them. You might get some sort of bonus bag (non-LEGO) for buying the "Stocking Stuffer"-tagged items too. This is listed at the bottom of the first page.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Not necessarily the "deal of the century," but Wednesday's are also double rewards points days right now... so it knocks off another 4% (8 cents!) per mini.

Most of the regular stores open at 8AM local time.

Brent
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Not sure if it's the same TV ad or not, but I saw one that showed the store Lego section with a voiceover saying 20 Lego sets are 50% off. Immediately following this, a 10 to 12 year old boy saying, "It's a good hobby to have." He sounded very sincere. Must be the child of an AFOL. :)