Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Disney sets available in Lego store

DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
I was at the Downtown Disney Lego store today, and they had put out all 5 of the Friends-esque Disney Princess sets. Per store staff, they won't be available on [email protected] until 1/1/13. After all the sales we've seen from so many places, MSRP stings a bit, but there are going to be some happy kids in my house in 2 weeks.
FrictionPinmargot

Comments

• FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    Very nice, congrats! Those sets are going to be a big hit and to snag them early enough for under the tree Christmas morning....I'm jealous. ;)
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    Orlando or Anaheim? I'll be at Anaheim this weekend, hope to pick one or two.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Sorry for the delay, it was the Orlando store. They also had put out the new Friends sets that some here have spotted at Toys R Us.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515

Per store staff, they won't be available on [email protected] until 1/1/13.

Wonder if other LEGO B&M or retailers (TRU) will have them prior to 12/25. Seems pretty likely. Or maybe that's just what I'm hoping. :)

• legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    The Disney sets arrived in the Raleigh LEGO store this afternoon and look outstanding with their Friendish minifigs. Look fantastic to me, too.
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    Not out in the NYC Rockefeller store yet.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Checked Cleveland, not going to stock them, period. (Hand slap to the forehead).
    They were working on stocking them in Columbus OH. A little more pricey than I was expecting, but the sets look great.
  • ParkGradesParkGrades Member Posts: 106
    In stock in Chandler, AZ.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 226
    In stock in Elizabeth, NJ.
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    goshe7 said:

They were working on stocking them in Columbus OH. A little more pricey than I was expecting, but the sets look great.

What price are they?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    In stock in downtown Disney Anaheim as of today

goshe7 said:

What price are they?
    $20 for the Brave one and $30 for the Little Mermaid one. I didn't look at the pricing on Rapunzel, Cinderella's carriage, or the castle.
  • CombeeCombee Billund, DenmarkMember Posts: 19
    The castle is $70.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I saw a couple of these at TRU. Bought the Merida set, I don't think they were supposed to sell it yet but it was such a madhouse they overrode it. For some reason they could sell Rapunzel but I didn't want it. $49.99 (TRU markup)
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    margot said:

I saw a couple of these at TRU. Bought the Merida set, I don't think they were supposed to sell it yet but it was such a madhouse they overrode it. For some reason they could sell Rapunzel but I didn't want it. $49.99 (TRU markup)

Curious, did you see the smallest Ariel set? I want that one a lot but it isn't available at the LEGO Store just yet.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Saw these at my local lego store yesterday. The castle looked very nice. Priced at $69.99. Will buy when they go on sale at other retailers.
    just2good said:

Curious, did you see the smallest Ariel set? I want that one a lot but it isn't available at the LEGO Store just yet.

No sorry, I just saw one Rapunzel and one Merida and they were in the Lego reps cart. I suspect they have them all at the store but they just aren't out yet.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Can the hair pieces fit with regular minifig heads?
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    Does anyone know how much the small Ariel set is?

$29.99 at the LEGO store

goshe7 said:

$29.99 at the LEGO store

That's 41052 (Ariel's kiss) though, isn't it? I meant 41050 (Ariel's treasure) - that one is only 77 pieces, they can't possibly try to charge $30 for that?
    ^ I didn't realize there was a smaller one. With that piece count, I would think that would be the $11.99 or $12.99 pricing typical of small licensed sets.
    herekittykitty
    The Brave set was 24.99 at TRU so probably 19.99 everywhere else.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    Yes. The Brave set was 19.99 at the Lego store. I bought that one for the bears. They are hanging out on my ski slope. We had some crazy shelf elves here that were trying to put together that set.
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    ^Any link to pictures or set number for the Brave set, I am curious about those bears.
    ^41051. Just google Disney Merida LEGO and you will find some images.
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    Found it, I forgot her name was Merida. The bears are cute. Now they should just make a family of deer already! I know there was a fawn in the friends series packs but its face did not convince me as a fawn, it looked as round as the bears' faces.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    Yes, that was one Lego friend animal I was unhappy with. I am not sure what on earth was up with the face.
    just2good said:

I just saw every single set at TRU except for this one...

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    LEGO store had the smallest Ariel set today. 12.99 I believe
    herekittykitty
    dougts said:

LEGO store had the smallest Ariel set today. 12.99 I believe

I saw it too, it was either 11.99 or 12.99.

I ended up getting Cinderella's carriage for my daughter for Christmas - looking forward to seeing her surprise since she has no idea about them :) I really liked all the sets, they're very much in the general Friends doll house style set-up, I bet they will do very very well.

DPCI for small Ariel at Target
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654
    Westchester NY store has them in stock, as well as Ninjago, City, Hobbit, and misc other 2014 stuff.