Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

50% off Lego at TRU in Store only

GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
Got an email this morning saying there is 50% off over 20 different sets in stores only through 12/14. The email only pictued 6 sets so I am not sure what the others are.
#9467 - The Vampyre Hearse
#3818 - Bikini Bottom Undersea Party
#6863 - Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
#9395 - Pick-Up Tow Truck
#9394 - Jet Plane
#10502 - Zoo Bus
margotThanos75

Comments

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 359
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to know what else is for sale if anyone wanders into a Toys R Us and can give us an update. (@margot ??? :) ) My nearest one is over 30 minutes away, and don't want to make the trip blind. Thanks!
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    I'll try to stop after work tonight and bring a list back here.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Interesting. Will stop by after work. Anybody who has an AmEx, sign up for the $5 off $25 TRU purchase at American Express Sync.
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    edited December 2013
    My local TRU had the ones already mentioned plus a few others.

#3817 - Flying Dutchman
    #3815 - Heroes of the Deep
    #9463 - The Werewolf
    #9391 - Crawler Crane

• murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    I was picking up some stuff last night and saw

All 50% off there was more but
    I missed the rest
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    50 % off of inflated prices or msrp?
    @BlueTaco - did it seem they had increased "regular" prices for this event, or was it just their normal (already-inflated) prices?
    Inflated price, looked to be normal Toys R Us inflated price.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    I think I have burnt through enough this holiday season with the Door buster TS and the other sales at Amazon.com and TRU actually doing a BOGO50 where many prices were at normal retail. At this point I am crying UNCLE to any new offers
    Seemed like 50% off regular marked-up prices, rather than increased prices.

#9464 - $20
    #3818 - $30.xx
    #10502 - $17.50
    #9391 - $11.50
    #6863 - $25
    #9463 - $12.50 or something close to that
    #9498 - $20

Just some of those that I can remember.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    So i scanned almost all of the lego at TRU on my lunch break and found the ones listed below came up at 50% off TRU normal price.

#10656 - My First LEGO Princess
    #6133 - Race Day
    #70003 - Eris' Eagle Interceptor
    #79110 - Silver Mine Shootout
    #79109 - Colby City Showdown
    #79111 - Constitution Train Chase
    #79010 - The Goblin King Battle
    #9393 - Tractor
    #9391 - Tracked Crane
    #9496 -Desert Skiff
    #9463 - The Werewolf
    #70706 - Crater Creeper
    #70708 - Hive Crawler
    #70707 - CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
    #3818 - Bikini Bottom Undersea Party
    #6863 - Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
    #9394 - Jet Plane
    #10502 - Zoo Bus
    #3817 - Flying Dutchman
    #9498 - Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter
    starfailurerocaoadol7nkx1BrickDancer
    @Goldfreek - I stole your list to add prices from my TRU:

Added Prices:
    #10656 - My First LEGO Princess - $5.99
    #70003 - Eris' Eagle Interceptor - $19.99
    #79110 - Silver Mine Shootout - $47.49
    #79109 - Colby City Showdown - $32.49
    #79111 - Constitution Train Chase - $64.99
    #9391 - Tracked Crane - $11.49
    #9496 - Star Wars Desert Skiff - $16.49
    #70706 - Crater Creeper - $10.99
    #70708 - Hive Crawler - $37.49
    #70707 - CLS-89 Eradicator Mech - $22.49
    #3818 - Bikini Bottom Undersea Party - $30.49
    #6863 - Batwing Battle Over Gotham City - $24.99
    #10502 - Duple Zoo Bus - $17.49
    #3817 - Flying Dutchman - $16.49
    #9393 - Tractor - $22.49

Added Sets:
    #4629 - Duplo Build and Play Box - $37.49
    #10516 - Duplo Disney Ariel's Magic Board Ride - $9.49
    #44002 - Hero Factory Rocka - $5.99
    #44003 - Hero Factory Scarox - $5.99

Unknown (Not in the store I went to...):
    #6133 - Race Day
    #79010 - The Goblin King Battle
    #9463 - The Werewolf
    #9394 - Jet Plane
    #9498 - Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter

As with all TRU deals, YMMV on prices at your store. The store I went to was out of all the Monster Fighters stuff. Everything else was prett much in-stock.

The only one I bought was the Technic Tractor for $22.49...

Brent
    rocaoadol7nkx1BrickDancerbluemodern
    edited December 2013
    ^^ @BTHodgeman Here are the prices for the ones your store did not have.

#6133 - Race Day - $15
    #79010 - The Goblin King Battle - $55
    #9463 - The Werewolf - $12.49
    #9467 - The Vampyre Hearse - $20
    #9395 - Pick-Up Tow Truck - $40
    #9394 - Jet Plane - $27.49
    #9498 - Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter - $20

Cant Remember the price of this one.
    adol7nkx1
    Wish my store would have had Vampyre Hearse. At $20, I'd have bought a few of those...
    margot
    #9467 is ghost train
    margot said:

#9467 is ghost train

You are correct and that is not on sale. I must have hit the wrong key on the number pad typing it in. It should be #9464 - The Vampyre Hearse - $20.

• mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Went in today. Friends section was decimated, not surprisingly all of the 2014 sets were cleaned out, too. When I asked about the carnage, they said friends sets had been 50% off. Did I miss something? Obviously....
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    #9395 - Pick-Up Tow Truck - $40

This is a fantastic price for this set, and one of the real gems of this sale. It winds up being 43% off MSRP for a nearly 1000 piece Technic set.
  • xeeeejxeeeej Member Posts: 71
    There is also $25 off $100 purchase that they were kind enough to combine for me. YMMV on that one I'm sure.
    margotstarfailureLegoMom1
    There were a lot of sets still available at my TRU. Lots of hearses, trains, technics, etc. It's probably because they didn't bother putting out any of the 50% off signs (though they do scan as 50% off). I guess I'm suggesting that you shouldn't be discouraged if you missed them yet, so check your store.

As a side note, don't bother calling, because calling a TRU store during the holidays is usually an exercise in futility.
    BTHodgeman
    I talked to the manager at my store and they said that TRU corperate never sent them any information about this sale at all. They heard about it from the customers so they did not have a list of sets on sale. They said the email was only sent out to rewards members.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Just went to my local TRU to get another TLR train. While I was there, I noticed they had the new #60060 Auto Transporter for a mere $49.99. RRP is $29.99. That's a 66% markup. I think that sets a new record. Geez.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Stopped my TRU on the way back from work, All sets at 50% off were clearly marked. While it took a series of (un)fortunate events with a $5 TRU reward, I ended up getting 2 #9395 for $57.5.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Our tru only had about half the sets marked. The only thing they didn't have was the hearse.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    It looked like my TRU had everything marked and I think the only thing they didn't have in stock was the technic tractor. I only picked up some Colby sets for parts.
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    My TRU everything was clearly marked. The 25% didn't stack but the $10 off $100 did. Plus Ninjago poster. They didn't have any clone troopers. Hearse was the only thing in short supply, I got the 2nd to last.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Carefull, they lowered the discount on some of the sets today.
    gmpirate said:

Carefull, they lowered the discount on some of the sets today.

It that the same as raising the base price that the discount is taken from?

I would assume that's how. Hitting another one right now . . .
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    edited December 2013
    Did anyone notice the dates for this sale?

Never mind, I just reread the first posting that said through the 14th.
    Just left a TRU where they would not let me buy more than 4 of something. I was trying to buy six and there were more on the shelves. Then she proceeds to id me - which they never do - even when spending in the thousands. I'm guessing this woman has her own issues because I had no problems at the same location the night before.
    murphquake
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2013
    wagnerml2 said:

Just went to my local TRU to get another TLR train. While I was there, I noticed they had the new #60060 Auto Transporter for a mere $49.99. RRP is $29.99. That's a 66% markup. I think that sets a new record. Geez.

It's not. I've seen smaller sets at 100% mark-up. The Harry Potter quddich set was regularly $37.99 (retail $19.99). Also, there's a Toys "R" Us in Miami in an area called Dadeland that is popular with South Americans to shop and bring things home - the mark-ups at that particular location make TRU inflated prices look cheap (but to somebody from South America, it's still a bargain). And I'm sure there are other specific stores where TRU exploits demographics.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @Ma1234 I see similar shopping at TRU in Times Square with tourists, the funny thing is that I often get sets there cheaper than at the Rockefeller Center Lego Store which has ~10% markup on everything they sell except PAB!

I scanned several items at the TRU by me (Junction Blvd., Rego Park, Queens, NY) and found some stuff on sale and other stuff at the usual markup. Stores around here are marked up even higher than normal, Times Square actually isn't beyond usual TRU nonsense... Seems the prices were higher here than some other places while still discounted decently overall.

#70708 GS Hive Crawler $43.99
    #3818 SBSP Bikini Bottom $36.99
    #3817 SBSP Flying Dutchman $20.99

IIRC... What I did spot, tagged on the shelf for once, #7572 POP Quest Against Time for $21.98 They've had about 8 of these for the past 2 years at 68.99, only 2 left now so I grabbed one (although they moved a lot of old stock off the floor a few months ago, they remodeled the lego aisles so I suspect there's stuff in their stockroom or they shipped out old product somewhere else)... 506 pieces at nearly 60% off the RRP, built it this morning, nice set, decent figs, i'm happy with it (need to change the battery in the light brick, it was near dead, i used another one I had to build the set, coming apart and getting sorted soon anyway
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    gmpirate said:

Just left a TRU where they would not let me buy more than 4 of something. I was trying to buy six and there were more on the shelves. Then she proceeds to id me - which they never do - even when spending in the thousands. I'm guessing this woman has her own issues because I had no problems at the same location the night before.

I bought 6 Colby Showdown sets and it popped something up for a manager to come approve but they didn't tell me what it was. Was probably the limit of 4 thing and they must not have cared. They had like 50 of that set at the store so I'd hope they wouldn't pass it up when someone wants to buy them.

What I did spot, tagged on the shelf for once, #7572 POP Quest Against Time for $21.98

Good catch, I've also seen this just sitting on their "clearance shelf". Will have to scan it.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    wagnerml2 said:

You TRU trumps my TRU, only 39.99 there.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    @graphite I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but at my TRU the head stocker during the day has a hand scanner that goes crazy every time a "big ticket" item is registered at checkout. Even CMF will sometimes trigger it.
    edited December 2013
    ^ Do you know if this is just for Lego items, or any big ticket thing?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    From what the guy told me, many different items trigger it. I was buying a ton of CMF at the time, he had actually pulled the case from the back for me, we were talking at the register, and when the cashier totaled it up, his scanner got an alert for every one, which he had to push a button to clear.
    Stopped by my local TRU today and they had LOTS of #70707 - Eradicator Mech sitting on the shelf. They rang up at $22.50 but there was no sign indicating such. Same for #79109, no sign about the discount and plenty sitting there.
    My TRU had 3 Star Wars advent calendars on the shelf. I thought about scanning them, but didn't bother..
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    edited December 2013
    I managed to get #3185 $65 + tax from my Toysrus yesterday. This year their service is top notch and they got a lot of my holiday dollar. The set at store was normal inflated $119.99 and the service desk matched their web site price of $99.99 and manually marked down to $75 (25 off 100 for regular priced set) then stack with 10 off 75 coupon for regular priced set I got from the mail.