Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
Recent discussions • Categories
Help modifying Horizon Express for 9V
Hi everyone! First time poster here.
I'm just at the start of creating a large LEGO layout. I intend to run 2x Horizon Express trains (6 cars in one train). The train will go through a fairly long tunnel. It sounds like the current available RF system won't work with a tunnel in the layout. So I'm thinking I'm forced to use the older 9V system and I've got some questions that I'm hoping you kind folks could help to answer.
1. Will I need one or two 9V motors to run the 6-car train?
2. I'd like lights in the front and back engines. What's more, I'd like them to be able to light up whether the train is moving or not. I'm not sure that the old 9V controllers can light the train without it moving. I've heard some people rig up the remote power function just for the lights, so I'm not opposed to that option. But can that be done if I have two 9V motors? What would you guys suggest?
3. Can anyone recommend a good 9V controller? Part number, please!
4. Besides the lights, 9V motor(s), 9V track, and controller, what else will I need?
5. Can anyone link some instructions for adding these components to the train?
Thanks in advance!