Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

US - Walmart.com - Fun With Bricks - $15 for "Green Monday" / Starts Sunday

BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
edited December 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hi All -

If you missed 4628 - "Fun With Bricks" on Black Friday at Walmart, it's back starting this Sunday.

As a part of "Green Monday," (I had never heard of it), Walmart is making its 10 most-purchased Black Friday items available again. The press release was vague, but it said that items will be available online starting Sudnay.

The brick box will be $15, which is the same price* as Black Friday.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Fun-with-Bricks-Building-Set-600-pieces/26632747

Brent

*The asterisk is because most people were able to get the box for $10.50 due to the early activation of the 30% off LEGO deal.

Comments

• DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    So Wal-Mart has now had a few days to realize it overbought on certain items, didn't hit their target sales, and are doing all of us a "favor" by giving us a chance to buy something almost everyone was able to buy already. Too funny!
    RomanticWarrior
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,877
    One of my local Walmart stores had a ton of these still in stock at $15. I'm hoping they make it through Christmas. $7.50 for 600 bricks would be sweet
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @DavidBrickley - It could be a combination of overbuying and intentionally buying deep so they could continue with promo offers.

Before the holidays, Walmart did say that they bought deeper than ever before, so I'd say it's probably intentional. It's also only 10 items, and they claim it's their top 10 online sellers from Black Friday weekend.

Brent
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    Green Monday.... Just when I though I was out... they pull me back in
    red5
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

To be followed by blue Tuesday and purple Wednesday. :)
    adol7korthenosbluemodern
    Right? I guess it's the "Second Monday of December," which in years past has been the busiest online shopping day in December.

This year will likely be Cyber Monday, since it fell in December which it doesn't usually do..

To be followed by blue Tuesday and purple Wednesday. :)
    Is that due to people holding their breath for better deals?
    starfailuremooman66GoldfreeklordzarakkorLegobrandonCPbluemodernlegomason
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I thought it was Brown Wednesday after Taco Tuesday.

Too soon?
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    I'm holding out until "light bluish grey Sunday".
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122

I thought it was Brown Wednesday after Taco Tuesday.

Too soon?

No, not too soon. Should be Brown Tuesday after Taco Tuesday.
    MathBuilder
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    Sorry...no colored day of the week joke here....I was just at my local WM...they didn't seem to sell hardly anything on Black Friday. I was just looking...paying no particular attention when I saw a new Super Heroes....Batman: Man Bat Attack So I price cheched...said see associate. Just around the corner they also had the new Friends #41035, #41047, #41039. I figured I knew the prices but I picked up a few and found a gentleman in dress shirt-tie and he was walking around in the toy aisle scanning stuff....I'm assuming a store manager. He had mentioned the B.F. deals on LEGO and I said I know...I missed it and he mentioned that WM is having another one for LEGO before X-Mas. He wasn't sure about the % of discount but it'll be advertised again similar to BF.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2013
    scotty12 said:
    #41039 Good Lord, my eyes! Not pink, not purple, it's magenta!
    Sorry...I meant #41035 @ 24.97, #41037 @34.97 and #41039 @ 72.97...didn't even know there were suppose to be out yet
  • LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    Sounds better than Sunday, Bloody Sunday...which was my wife's warning to me if I bought another set this weekend
    It sounded like this manager already had new about the Lego sale again....just not specifics. Wonder if this would be related to WM "Green Monday" time frame or a few days before X-Mas
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    I was at TRU today and they had #41035 on the shelf and scanned at $37 so I passed on it. But they had #31021 so I got 4 so my wife could have one of each Furry Creature. So the new sets are making their way out a little early.
    margot
    I think after Amazon's Price matching I think that retailers are having a hard time selling stuff in stores.
    It is much simpler to order online for stuff like toys.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    I will buy a couple more at that price, and I like that the box top is a brick sorting tray. But hate how all the wal-marts near me have no working price scanners.
  • ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    I have doubts that this upcoming Monday will yield better deals.
    @mrseattle do you have a smart phone? If so, download the Walmart app. When you are in a store you can flip over to store mode and scam items. It shows you the instore price. Portable price scanner :)
    mrseatle said:

I will buy a couple more at that price, and I like that the box top is a brick sorting tray. But hate how all the wal-marts near me have no working price scanners.

Not as widely known, but you can also use the gift registry scanner, the computer monitors at the Electronics/Cell Phone counter, and sometimes the computer on the Paint Mixing station.

Brent
    The computer in the paint section is awesome because it gives you actual inventory numbers
    ^Lol.
    Saw #31021 and #31025 at Walmart today.
    pharmjod
    I may have to go out and check WalMart this weekend then. I absolutely love the new animal sets. That to me is what LEGO is all about!
    ^They are also BOGO50 at TRU.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    ^Yes and the price has already been inflated.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I just love the title of this thread: Monday starts on Sunday. Lovely.
    Thanks for the tips! I had forgotten about the Wal-Mart app.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    The new Friends sets look fantastic. But our crappy WM rarely has anything new on the shelves, and never has CMS or polybags. A real bummer for sure. Will try the phone app because I never know the real prices there. Thanks!
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    edited December 2013
    Walmart.com has Minecraft The Village 21105 for $27.98, free shipping if you order 2. This has been in and out of stock but this is a good price.

Sorry, went out of stock during checkout, still appears to be huge demand for all three sets.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    How much is #31025?
    HokieJoe99
    ^39.99 at Walmart. 49.99 at TRU online
    My local Walmart got their Black Friday pallet late... This was taken last night.
    just2good
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^ that will be an awesome Dec 26 pickup. Lucky you!
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^^ When you say 'pallet' you mean.... err 'pallet'. That is an impressive industrial look. Last time I got something delivered on a pallet like that it was bricks too, except they were real bricks. For whatever reason I've never seen a wooden pallet in any of the WM's I've been in.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    Thanks for the info Margot. I had a feeling TRU jacked up the price.
    margot
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    The $15 is live now, if anyone needs any. Funny, it is available for both $25 and $15....tough choice?!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I picked up a couple for the $10.50...even then for some reason I still wasnt that excited....but they will make great foundation blocks for MOC's and easy Birthday presents for the future.The lids are great and i'm trying to think of something neat to do with them.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I just grabbed one @ $15.00. Would have been much more excited to find them at $10.50 BF price, but I'm sure I can find some use for them.
    There was a green lid version? Looks like only a dozen or so green ones on the pallet though.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Green is duplo
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    is the Duplo one on sale also or just the Regular red lid one?
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 191
    I got one of each last night for $15 each.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    All three versions of Minecraft appear to be in stock on walmart.com for 34.97
    edited December 2013
    Duplo is out of stock and not on-sale online.

In store, the Duplo set should still be $15 if you store has any. (Be sure to check in the actual LEGO aisle. It doesn't have a 'home' there, but I've seen it plugged in throughout the aisle in many stores near my house, probably from returns.)

Brent