Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Target BOGO30 stacks with sale prices

There are some nice combos that you can use to get pretty deep into the 40s in % saved.
Çhi Temple + LOTR Pirate Ship is ~$125 for $220 worth of LEGO at
MSRP

Comments

• bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Thanks for the heads-up. This was great as I only had one LEGO left on the list and was able to combine with other toys.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    If you buy two of the Lone Ranger Colby City Showdowns they are only $26 each...thats before the red card discount
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310

Çhi Temple + LOTR Pirate Ship is ~$125 for $220 worth of LEGO at
    MSRP

Ack, you're killing me here, but thanks!!!
  • murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    Hive Crawler is a good price as well just picked up two at about $30 each.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Amazon has LOTR pirate ship for 40% off as well.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    LEGO® Star Wars AT-TE 75019 <-- two of those come to about $100
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    BTW: 75007 clearanced at Targets (Norridge, IL. Harlem-Irving Plaza) at $4.98
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    It appears Amazon is matching the result of the Target sale +BOGO30%. Use the Target 20% off entire in-store purchase coupon from Black Friday and have Target price match to Amazon, ends up being a massive discount.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Does the 20% coupon work online? Mine says in store only...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    We're approaching too deep recursion on price matching :)
    ^^ 20% off is only valid in-store
  • ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    Pretty good deals. I'm in for AT TE's at that price.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Was the coupon on a receipt
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    edited December 2013
    @doubledbrick - No, you received a physical coupon in-store for a $75+ purchase made after 12:01AM on Friday.

For online purchases made on Friday, they sent a printable coupon yesterday.

In both cases, the coupon is valid in-store only.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I never got one It didnt matter to me till he said they would match amazon and I was like that it a great ideal, but I looked with my receipt and nothing with it. Maybe I will go in and ask I speant enough to get one.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    I called Target to see if they would price adjust my two orders yesterday. They said they couldn't and that I would need to send back my Lego sets and reorder instead. What a pain, I might just place a couple orders to amazon out of frustration.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^ can you just return in store ?
    The only problem I see there is that Target doesn't match at the register... they match at the Customer Service counter *after* you already purchased the item.... so if the 20% discount brings the price below the Amazon price, they'd have nothing to match... and even if it doesn't bring the price below Amazon, I think they would only lower it to the Amazon price, not the Amazon price + 20% off....

Of course, YMMV - I don't see them being consistent from store-to-store on this...

If you have a RedCard, you do still get your 5% off after a price match...

Brnet
    edited December 2013
    ^ A Target near me matched Amazon's online price THEN took the 20% off, make sure they do the price adjustment BEFORE handing them the 20% coupon. This was for regular purchase, not a price-adjustment return. Of course YMMV depending on your local Target management.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    i had Target match a walmart price last week and then used the $5 off coupon. I just took the set right to the CS desk and asked for a price match. I did not have to buy it first.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    ^ This
    Also You can just take any item to direct to thier Customer Service Desk and say you want to price match and you can do it there instead of having to go to register then CS.

and as @andystar said, make sure to give them the coupons last!
    I personally dont even take the coupon out of my pocket until they have given me a total. I've had no issues with the system taking coupons but have had a couple of CS reps try to tell me they couldn't do it even when I had no trouble with several other Targets in the area.
    Darn, I missed the coupon on Friday. The customer service rep said I could return the sets to the store but they wouldn't price match. I almost want to call again to see if they will because the guy was unsure about the whole thing and it seems foolish that they wouldn't. I wonder if he didn't have the authorization to do what I needed.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2013
    @Dougout, order again online and return the old purchase at the store :). that's what i was told by customer service last time.
    and in the store they only pricematch one item and one quantity unless you want to make multiple runs... { that's based on their published so called policy. that's what i was told once :) .... but it all depends on which side of bed the CS rep woke up that day }

^ This
    Also You can just take any item to direct to thier Customer Service Desk and say you want to price match and you can do it there instead of having to go to register then CS.

Correct - Just kind of hard to do if you have a cartful of groceries, household stuff, etc. If you're just getting a couple big LEGO sets, then it is pretty easy to do, yes. :)

^Thanks @starwarfan77 , I guess that is what I will do then
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Or, you know... buying out their entire stock. ;)

*runs away*
    edited December 2013
    Another thing I have learned in my dealings with Target.com is their CS is pretty awful and supposedly pretty powerless.

I've had an item show up with all the correct paperwork, but instead of the Dragon Mountain I ordered it had a 15$ Duplo set in it...

If you have an issue with a shipment just go into the store and explain it, you'll save an hour or so on the phone trying to get someone do give you decent service.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    I tried this afternoon if Target would price match it's website and/or their current sale today and I was told no, that Target is having a "Black Out" today only and will return price matching tomorrow.
    A what??? A "black out" day?

That is nuts, and terrible customer service... they need to be dependable, or people won't bother trying...

Who at these companies comes up with these rules? KISS - Keep it simple stupid...

Do not confuse people or make them work for it, people can buy from 20 different retailers, don't give them any reason to shop anywhere else...
    It is weird, just the fact that Target doesn't price match Target.com is ridiculous. I still find them much better than Amazon and Walmart, especially with Target having the 5% discount w/free shipping and Amazon is charging tax to Mass now. I need better incentives if they want me to pay tax.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    ^ I totally agree! I just walked away shaking my head. But it's similar to last weeks Walmart Pre-Black Friday deals. I was thinking of getting the niece/nephew a Disney Infinity for the WiiU and because I know they started having those 50% off on Friday, so I did my research and asked my sister on Tuesday what she thought and gave me the go ahead. So I thought..okay...I'll go in Wed. before the Thanksgiving rush and get one. So I called just to make sure and customer service at WM said that they're regular price today. I said "What? They were 50% off yesterday and their 50%off tomorrow!" She said it was a special for Fri-Tue only and Thurs is the Black Friday ad. I was confused...they run the sale for 5 days...skip a day...then run it again for 3 more days.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited December 2013
    ^^ Price matching restrictions continue to increase in the industry. It often ends up being disingenuous lip-service wherein they can claim "Low price guarantees" but not actually have to honor much.

Amazon shot me down for a TV price match recently (for which they do have a price matching policy) because they said they don't match limited time sales. When I pointed out that nearly all sales have a time limit, I was just met with silence.

I frequently am told that the intent is to match everyday prices and not sale prices. Until recently, most places required an advertised price on a circular. Who the heck bothers to advertise, in print, a regular priced item?

Stores like Best Buy will get special model numbers from manufacturers which end up being the exact same as their common models, and they'll never have to worry about price-matching.

Of course I'm aware of all the shenanigans, so I make sure the items are exactly the same, the competitor has the product in stock, and so on and so forth whenever I try to get a price match. I can literally predict the gauntlet of questions as they roll off the storeperson's tongue. It definitely gives off the impression that they just routinely deny everything and are actually annoyed when something slips through the cracks.
    [/rant]
  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    Dougout said:

It is weird, just the fact that Target doesn't price match Target.com is ridiculous. I still find them much better than Amazon and Walmart, especially with Target having the 5% discount w/free shipping and Amazon is charging tax to Mass now. I need better incentives if they want me to pay tax.

I've never had issues with target price matching target.com
    Amazon did that to me on the TV as well. I bought a new one a week ago, found it for less online, but it isn't one of their "approved" web sites to match to, so they denied it.

Grr...

Of course, I bought from Amazon for service, so paying a bit more is ok in that regard... but it would be nice to get the lower price and the service! :)
    ^^Really, I think the last time I tried to get them to price match Target.com was back in 2011 for a Millenium Falcon, and I don't think I've tried again because it took so long and they only gave me like a $10 gift card for my troubles. Maybe they have cleaned up their e-commerce since then, but I usually don't bother with something once I start to get run around.
    Is this isolated to a store or an area? Very unusual if this is nationwide. It used to be they would ONLY pricematch Amazon and the like during the holidays and then just last year they made it a year round thing.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    i didn't either but that was till this sunday. then they started they are not price matching.. it started with the #6869 and holdbehold i got it at $30 LOL :P

more they don't pricematch cheaper i seem to get the sets...
    Lootefisk said:

Dougout said:

I've never had issues with target price matching target.com

Is this isolated to a store or an area? Very unusual if this is nationwide. It used to be they would ONLY pricematch Amazon and the like during the holidays and then just last year they made it a year round thing.

It was at at least one store I went to. I don't know what the issue was, but this is what I was told.
  • ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    I've never been more content with a BOGO 30% sale. Nice work Target.