Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

TRU returns...

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
Returned a Lego set, that I ordered online, at the store today. They refunded me what I paid back to my credit card and then gave me a merchandise credit gift card for an extra $23. I can't figure it out. What I paid plus the $23 is still less than what they are charging in the store by about $20, but I don't understand why they gave me any extra back at all?

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Seems like clerical error.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Not at all, I watched him scan my receipt and scan the item and saw the computer come up with the return plus $23 merchandise credit. It was an experienced employee.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    edited December 2013
    Did you check your credit card having the refund? In the past TRU only gave store credit for online return at the store.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    TRU online purchases require being returned to TRU.com for credit back to card. Are you positive your card was credited?
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    ^ Is this a new policy? I've returned a number of online ordered items in-store and had them refunded to my card, last one was about 4 months ago though.
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^That actually was an old policy. I think they now allow to go to card directly. However, the clerk might hit the wrong key and went to the store credit instead.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Ma1234 said:

TRU online purchases require being returned to TRU.com for credit back to card. Are you positive your card was credited?

Yes, positive. It shows up on my recent activity credited back to me.

• EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    I returned some stuff purchased online and the refund went back to my credit card( this was in September).