Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] TRU Cyber Monday Sales/Deals

samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239
Noticed there was a few postings here and there about these deals that are apparently live now (Even cyber Monday is getting an early start this year). Thought I would go on the website itself and consolidate them in a single thread for everyone.

Free Palpatines Arrest w/ purchase of select lego star wars sets:
-Death Star
-Super Star Destroyer
-UCS X-Wing
-R2-D2
-Palpatine's Arrest

Buy 1 get 1 50% off*
-Offer valid on regular-priced LEGO Construction Sets. Excludes Technic, Chima, Mindstorms, Ninjago and Hard to Find.

$25 off Legends of Chima Croc Swamp Hideout

20% off LEGO 3 in 1 Star Wars Super Pack

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    The new Hobbit sets are all BOGO50% off.
    Chang405preveremadforLEGO
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    Free palpatine's arrest wasn't adding properly to the cart last night and now the banner is gone. I opened a claim last night; I'll update if I'm able to get them to honor it
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    margot said:

The new Hobbit sets are all BOGO50% off.

Yes they are and I managed to get me a few. Wonder if they will run out since this is just like 25% off each set (if you buy 2 of the same set) since they are still at RRP. I think that is a good price for a set on its first day of official release.

They also have the City Grand Prix Truck for $22.99 with BOGO 50 on it. RRP is $29.99. so it comes out to 17.25 a set if you get 2 of them.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Thanks margot.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    TRU has 6857 reduced to $39.99 plus B1G1 50% off. Was able to get my haul from yesterday price adjusted. Comes out to $28.20 for each set....not too shabby.
    sidersddlordzarak

TRU has 6857 reduced to $39.99 plus B1G1 50% off. Was able to get my haul from yesterday price adjusted. Comes out to $28.20 for each set....not too shabby.

Nice one! I was able to get in store pickup.

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Argh! Why must I keep reading these threads? It just makes me buy more! Thanks for the heads up @doriansdad! These are sold out at [email protected] and I was tempted to buy them yesterday at TRU. Glad I held off!
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    39.99+(39.99*0.5)=58.99/2=29.50 + tax.. not sure how you arrived @ 28.20 not trying to knit-pick but if there is something happy to know..

• 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    edited December 2013
    ^^
    $30 plus tax.
    weevin
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    edited December 2013
    -

• legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    doriansdad has explained multiple times which rebate sites and cash back offers he takes advantage of so yes, this is knit-picking. His advice on discover cash back offer alone has saved me a bundle.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,188

How did you get the price adjusted? Did you call them, or email them (or go into a store)?
    Tried to call TRU to have the Price adjusted for the funhouses, and they are telling me that they cannot do it as it is showing as cyber Monday sale item.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,370
    TRU actually has #9474 at RRP so with the bogo 2 of them come out to 206.48 after tax which is 103.24 each. Not too bad I guess, especially for TRU.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    i keep forgetting to use ebates. Finally did tonight for a TRU and Target order (I think). I wish I'd have remembered today when I ordered way to much stuff from Amazon.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Considering all other retailers are out of Helm's Deep, that is a pretty good deal for #9474

@madforLEGO they told me to call back after midnight and if the price is still the same @39.99, then they will do a price adjustment.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Hoth Echo Base is also 89.99 and BOGO50.
    pharmjod said:

i keep forgetting to use ebates. Finally did tonight for a TRU and Target order (I think). I wish I'd have remembered today when I ordered way to much stuff from Amazon.

Get yourself a Citi Forward card. 6% ebates plus 5% Forward cashback for amazon purchases is hard to beat.

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    @doriansdad @starwarsfan77 thanks! Will look into the Citi Foward Card. I typically just use paypal since I like to keep my purchases separated, but 5% extra from Amazon purchases is tempting.
    edited December 2013
    ^Found this online, looks like the rewards are going away.
    http://creditcardforum.com/blog/citi-forward-card-review/
    pharmjodThanos75
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    I've been trying to add the #6857 since doriansdad first posted it a little over 3 hours now. I can add other stuff to my cart..but not that set. I tried calling my local TRU also but gave up after waiting over 10min on the phone.
    edited December 2013
    @madforLEGO
    thanks.. this reminds me to check again before placing order

seems like no one wanted the cargo train from amazon @139 :P ...

@scotty12 i can add on mine when i select free store pickup. you want me to order few for you?
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 228
    @scotty12 it looks like it is out of stock online. Check for a local store and select store pickup. That worked for me.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I just checked out TRU.com and I saw that they had the Special Edition Red Cargo Train #3677 for only $99....wow....and its BoGo50%. I called my store and sure enough they have two in stock...
    hleonffuColoradoBricksmadforLEGOEKSamGoldfreeksidersddShpadoinkle

@madforLEGO
    thanks.. this reminds me to check again before placing order

seems like no one wanted the cargo train from amazon @139 :P ...

@scotty12 i can add on mine when i select free store pickup. you want me to order few for you?

I picked up a Cargo train for 135 from Amazon.com today. I have a couple already, but that is a good price for that set.
    @Thanos75 kucky you. btw, horror story with dealing with tru customer service and online purchase. beware while using gift card with these people. basically i used a $100 gift card for an order of 2 #6857 and 2 of #650025. now they are pushing it to processing error. with 2 of #6857 and 1 of #650025. its now total order of $89.49 and the gift card balance is $0.00
    i ask them where is the remaining $$ and their answer is processing error. they cannot refund the money and/or cancel the order. all in all they stole my $10.51 ... a lesson for me.
    Got off the phone with TRU customer service and they are telling me, even though it is technically Tuesday, that they will not price match the Funhouse escapes down to 39.99. So if someone manages to get this then please let me know what you did, because each time I got stonewalled by the rep.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 228
    Picked up 2 for $39.99 and BOGO, but used store pickup. Order confirmed, waiting for pickup email. Used the price on the website on Monday.
    Ok, I understand if some people are unaware that we ask not to discuss competing affiliate sites here, but some of you have been asked repeatedly.

I'm on my mobile and it's too cumbersome to edit out the mentions, so I am deleting posts.

Got off the phone with TRU customer service and they are telling me, even though it is technically Tuesday, that they will not price match the Funhouse escapes down to 39.99. So if someone manages to get this then please let me know what you did, because each time I got stonewalled by the rep.

I got an adjustment on my first try without any problems. They transferred me to the "backoffice" to get the adjustment done. Hope this helps.

I was on the phone with customer service for an hour and all they could tell me was that they could not price adjust for cyber mondays.
    edited December 2013

I got an adjustment on my first try without any problems. They transferred me to the "backoffice" to get the adjustment done. Hope this helps.

Well it is late and I'm not calling them again tonight. My guess is this backoffice is not there after a certain time or too many people called to request price corrections for sets and TRUs directive became absolutely do not allow for price changes for Cyber Monday. But that is just my guess.
    Sorry you guys are having trouble getting price adjustments. If the sets are still available instore I would buy them at the lower price and refuse the UPS shipments.

Sorry you guys are having trouble getting price adjustments. If the sets are still available instore I would buy them at the lower price and refuse the UPS shipments.

I did think about that, but the order I have coming also has gifts in it for family. But thank you for your suggestions in trying to get a better price. Ill probably check to see if the price is still 39.99 tomorrow morning and if so then try to call during the day and see if I can be pushy enough to get the price dropped.
    ^It's okay, $45 for this set isn't bad, $28.50 is awesome though, good job in catching that deal.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    Called around to the four TRUs that are within an hour and a half (though would it really be worth a three hour drive to save the money?) No red cargo trains in stock, and not only that all of the stores reported that someone had called about them the day before! Man I guess I'm slow on the draw!
    Dougout said:

^It's okay, $45 for this set isn't bad, $28.50 is awesome though, good job in catching that deal.

Hmmm, Seeing the funhouse at 39.99 still, tempted to call TRU again to see if they will price match (I guess Im a glutton for punishment)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^ Don't feel bad. The Red Cargo trains have been gone from circulation for quite a while now actually. Though, I'm sure a speckled few remain at some TRUs here and there, as lucky @Thanos75 experienced.

^ Don't feel bad. The Red Cargo trains have been gone from circulation for quite a while now actually. Though, I'm sure a speckled few remain at some TRUs here and there, as lucky @Thanos75 experienced.

Yeah, no kidding. Just hope those boxes were not tampered with for his sake.
    It would suck to get those for a good price only for it to be garbage in the box.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 681
    Thanks for the offers of trying to help pick some up for me. When I tried placing at order on-line..the only option was "store pick-up". When I tried to type in a zip code the screen just went transparent and it would sit there indefinitely. But yet I could add stuff to my cart that was full-priced and it worked. I'm just assuming this means it's considered 'out of stock' in my local store.
  • ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    Must...keep...refreshing TRU webpage, maybe sets will come back, it's going to be a long week.
    Just check Amazon.com before you buy from TRU to ensure there is not a lower price. Though if TRU manages to keep sets at RRP and BOGO50 then there should be good deals to be had
    @Dougout for what it is worth I called again today (during office hours) and got someone who submitted the price correction for the two funhouses. It is not guaranteed it will occur, but since cyber Monday is over and they are still 39.99 I am hopefully to get the credit back (which could take a few days from what the rep told me, if it is approved). But you probably want to call before their 5pm to ensure you get a competent CS rep.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    scotty12 said:

Thanks for the offers of trying to help pick some up for me. When I tried placing at order on-line..the only option was "store pick-up". When I tried to type in a zip code the screen just went transparent and it would sit there indefinitely. But yet I could add stuff to my cart that was full-priced and it worked. I'm just assuming this means it's considered 'out of stock' in my local store.

I have also had my screen go transparent like that. For me the store locator does actually load but it is very faint and hard to see. When that happens I just use a different browser and it works fine.
    fyi- creator Emerald Express trains are in store... #31015 (BOGO50)
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 948
    edited December 2013

@madforLEGO,
    I just ordered 4 online with a store pickup. Have you tried that?

Just check Amazon.com before you buy from TRU to ensure there is not a lower price. Though if TRU manages to keep sets at RRP and BOGO50 then there should be good deals to be had

@madforLEGO,
    The Funhouse is a TRU Exclusive.

@madforLEGO,
    I just ordered 4 online with a store pickup. Have you tried that?

@madforLEGO,
    The Funhouse is a TRU Exclusive.
    I thought about that, but I did not order from the store because of a couple of reasons:
    1) do not know if those boxes are tampered with
    2) I already had an order I could not cancel, and did not want to put more on a CC to then have to make an errand for myself.

As for the Funhouse being an exclusive, that I know, but for any other sets (not TRU exclusives), Amazon should be checked first IMO.
  • ogelogelogelogel Member Posts: 47
    Thank you.
    margot said:

fyi- creator Emerald Express trains are in store... #31015 (BOGO50)

Has anyone tried to use the $10 promotional card that was given away with a $75 spend on Black Friday? It did an interesting (read: shady) thing when I try to redeem mine online.

Before the code was applied, it was ringing the BOGO50 correctly. But after the code, it increases the 50% off price by a fraction, and then takes off $10. The net effect is that you don't get a full $10 off. Image attached: