Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Augmented Reality in LEGO Shops

atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
edited March 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Saw this and thought I'd share it...

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    The technology is also on display at the Lego.com website:

http://atlantis.lego.com/en-us/augmented/default.aspx
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    They've been in the stores for at least the last 18 months. The Augmented Reality games built into the new Nintendo 3DS are even more impressive :-)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Yeah, theyve been at Tysons Corner for quite a while, though they seem a little glitchy. Very cool though.
    The annoying thing about the 'Digi Box' is that a lot of themes don't work with it. Most of the extended City range & some D2C sets work, but Star Wars, Space Police 3, Power Miners, etal have never been implemented.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Sorry for posting such old news, believe it or not, I'm still yet to actually visit an official LEGO store (yes, I know...).
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    Sorry for posting such old news, believe it or not, I'm still yet to actually visit an official LEGO store (yes, I know...).
    Blimey. It's really time you remedied that.
    I plan to soon, it'll be Cardiff for me, although I'm going on a stag do in Brighton in June, so maybe then.
    edited April 2011
    Sorry for posting such old news
    Don't be. My post wasn't meant as a rebuke, I was just adding to the information.
    I'm still yet to actually visit an official LEGO store (yes, I know...).
    ... however, this is something you should be rebuked over. I'm thinking about banning you right now ... call yourself a LEGO fan, pfffft ;-)
    Well, you see, my only glimmer of an excuse is that I'm still in my infancy when it comes to being an AFOL, but you're right of course, it is entirely unacceptable and I will work on it. However, if you do decide to ban me, then look out for my twin brother joining shortly afterwards, he's called hatkinsar (and he has visited LEGO stores, many many times).
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    although I'm going on a stag do in Brighton in June, so maybe then.
    Ha ha - that should do wonders for your street cred with "the lads" !!

... it is entirely unacceptable and I will work on it ...
    Excellent. Acknowledgement & acceptance that you have the problem are the first steps to recovery :-)
    There will be no banning ... today ;-)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Unfortunately..... That's the same story for me. I have visited the LDC Manchester though but the journey is the problem.
  • jayr17jayr17 Member Posts: 9
    I can sympahize with atkinsar. My wife and I are looking forward to our upcoming move, when we will finally be closer than five hours from a Lego store. We previously lived where one is now, but it was not there when we lived there, and at the time we were not collecting Legos. It wasn't until a few years ago that we realized we both shared a love for Legos. Our kids will be very spoiled when we finally have some!