Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help taking apart 42006's excavator tool

Have too many lego sets built right now so I've started taking apart some of the ones that I don't necessarily need to display. ALMOST as fun taking them apart as putting them together...really get a feel on which ones were built better than others.

Anyways...I'm taking apart the Excavator...and for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the Excavator's "tool" apart. It looks like I need to extract the connectors from the tool in order to get it to come apart. I didn't think that lego would make a construct one way only (can be built but isn't supposed to be taken apart).

Is there a tool that is made to PULL connectors from their sockets?

Any help provided would be appreciated. I would like whoever builds it next...to build the entire thing. That part was fun to put together.

Some images:

photo 2013-11-26115558.jpg

photo 2013-11-26115521.jpg

Comments

• scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    If you are totally stuck follow the instructions in reverse although it looks like it will need to be the correct 'claw' that you to remove first.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    From where you have it now according to step 8 in the instructions for the claw it looks like you need to just put your thumb and index finger on either side of one of the 3L tan pins and pull. 1/4 (with one arm on it) should just pull off the two tan pins perpendicular to it.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    I've just taken mine apart to the Same stage as yours.
    Once you removed the grey #3 pins it's just a case of pulling opposite claws as it's only the sand yellow pins holding the assembly together. Hope this helps.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I just took one apart as well, and like you I was stumped for a bit. As I recall I resorted to a sharp knife with a small blade to start prying off the first pieces being very careful not to leave marks on either the pieces or my fingers. Once you get one piece off it does get easier. We've already built the alternative build, a tractor with plow in back and rake in front.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    Just push the beige pins out from behind so you can get a gap in-between the claw pieces and pry them apart.
  • OldLegoOldLego Member Posts: 28
    Thanks guys...sorry for delay in responding...holidays are so busy and I'm just now getting back to taking it apart. comments helped and now I have another dismantled lego. On to the Malevolence!