Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Nice, but I think I'll wait.
  • LosimagicLosimagic UKMember Posts: 397
    How do people get these so early?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    Is it a bird... is it a plane... Wait, yes it IS a plane. Why's spider-man on a plane?

I'm hoping for a super Daily Mail promo, with Robin, Mirkwood Elf, and now this.
    StuBoy
    andhe said:

Is it a bird... is it a plane... Wait, yes it IS a plane. Why's spider-man on a plane?

I'm hoping for a super Daily Mail promo, with Robin, Mirkwood Elf, and now this.

He's probably chasing Batman on his jet-ski.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Looks pretty cool. Hopefully it'll be available locally for $5. Not to keen on spending £30 for it. ;)
  • deepdalelegenddeepdalelegend PRESTON, ENGLANDMember Posts: 351
    I can understand Batman having a jetski due to no actual superpowers (apart from immense wealth), but Spidey needing a little glider thing?
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    ^ Bragging rights. It's the Green Goblin's repainted hoverplate. ;)
    yys4u
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    If Spidey is chasing Batman on his jet-ski, then there would be no buildings or anything for him to swing from. Hence the need for his plane. Besides...sometimes even a superhero's arms get tired swinging all day. Maybe he ran out of web compound.
    edited November 2013
    They are just at a sports holiday resort. Spidey in a glider, Batman on a jet-ski.

Coming soon - Superman bungee jumping and Wonder Woman in a hot tub.
    vitreolumcarlq
  • FoxyA19FoxyA19 Member Posts: 124
    This is such a pointless set, Spidey doesn't need a glider he has the ability to shoot bloody webs out of his hands! They could of made a much better polybag, what a waste!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,495
    Well Spiderman has a motorbike and is getting a car and helicopter in next years sets, so why not a glider too?!
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Be glad most of ya'll dont remember the late 70s when Spidey had a Spider Dune Buggy that stuck to buildings..-_-

vitreolumbluemodernandheWhipMedic
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Wish it was a rope and a streetlight instead of that glider... but as long as the poly looks nice and there's a cool minifig inside, I'm sold.
    Jonn420
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    That just looks like a Spider-man themed Green Goblin glider.
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134

@John420

Hey, Wolverine and Hawkeye made good use of that in Millar's Old Man Logan. ;)
    Jonn420Thanos75
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 848
    Its based on ultimate Spiderman where he is a shield agent. They give him some vehicles in the series.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    And this is the reason I don't understand the hype on polybags. Most of the sets are just odd.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Some pictures of the item. Sorry about the quality of photos but I'm no expert. Dont know if anyone can tell me if the figure is unique but looks very average.
    edited November 2013
    Looks like it is sh038.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sh038
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    greekmick said:

Some pictures of the item. Sorry about the quality of photos but I'm no expert. Dont know if anyone can tell me if the figure is unique but looks very average.

Does the instruction book have an ad for the 2014 sets?

CCC said:
    Read that as you saying

"Looks like it is sh*t"
    just2good said:

greekmick said:

Does the instruction book have an ad for the 2014 sets?

No just an ad to join the Lego Club.

• ObserverObserver Member Posts: 60
    I imagine Spiderman can have a plane. As far as I know flight isn't one of his spider like abilities. If only he got bit by a flying spider...darn.
    greekmick said:

CCC said:
    Read that as you saying

"Looks like it is sh*t"
    Not at all. I like that figure.

You should read it as "Looks like it is sh*t at that price" :-)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,630
    16 people would seem to disagree. Now where's our Daily Mail promo...
    edited November 2013
    I can understand it if you are a polybag collector. But not a polybag opener like me.

Although even then, it will turn up somewhere at sometime in quantity. And I agree, hopefully the Daily Mail will do some of the superheroes ones soon. At least, hopefully they will do better ones than last time.
    icey117
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    CCC said:

I can understand it if you are a polybag collector. But not a polybag opener like me.

Even so it's a great way to get the minifig and avoid the sets provided it becomes widely available at a reasonable price. Otherwise only worth it for polybag hounds.
    ^Yes. Although in the UK, at least one spiderman (box) set has been very cheap in the past (the one with Venom and Nick Fury).
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    greekmick said:

CCC said:
    Read that as you saying

"Looks like it is sh*t"

I read it like that but with a really strong irish accent.