Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CMF Series 1 question

Did the series 1 come with the 4 stud plate? What accessories did the Test Dummy come with? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    They came with the plate. The dummy came with a wrench and a licence plate 2x1 tile.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,626
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Everything is detailed here. http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8683-8 Which should help with any future queries
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,195
    ^ The plate is actually missing from the image though, as they are from all individual CMF images on brickset.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Thank you @Gurooo @andhe and @CCC
    @ccc yeah, I was linking to the item page rather than the specific image.

There isn't a parts list like other set listings, but the plates are clearly visible with each figure on the picture of the whole set.
    ^ Yes, only in the set of sets, but not in the individual sets.

I think this is one place where bricklink trumps brickset for being accurate! I guess because lego.com doesn't have the individual "set" pictures, as they are random.
    Occasionally I see them with bases and accessories, sometimes with the accessories but without the base, and sometimes just the figure. The frustrating thing is that sometimes the description is so short it's hard to know what I'll end up with.
    ^ Bricklink inventories are for the most part accurate, but if buying on ebay or elsewhere then it is always best to check what the seller is including.

I have had minifigs traded as complete on swapfig occasionally turn up without plates, and quite frequently without leaflets.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    CCC I'd say a minifig from Swapfig is still complete without the stand or leaflet, but we could pass that on to @SilentMode as something to put a checkbox for or something
    It's not complete. If you click on the question mark defining complete for every cmf you see complete means the plate is included. It is not too bad for a regular cmf, but if team GB, then it is a pain.
    So you're saying if the pic shows the test dummy, tool and license plate I should expect it to come with the baseplate even if it's not pictured?
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    The consensus for Swapfig was that a minifigure is incomplete if the 4x3 tile is missing.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    You would think to be complete it would have a base plate. They are in the package so it would only be right.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281

You would think to be complete it would have a base plate. They are in the package so it would only be right.

But on BL, if you buy a figure from the "minifigures for sale" section, you will just get the figure and nothing else (unless noted by the seller) as I have found out. If you want the figure complete with stand and accessories, you have to buy it from the "sets for sale" section.

@jdylak. I found this out the hard way and only realized my error after the fact.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Me too, on a huge order of cmfs. Ouch.
    @margot, my order wasn't huge, but still very disappointing!
    jdylak said:

But on BL, if you buy a figure from the "minifigures for sale" section, you will just get the figure and nothing else (unless noted by the seller) as I have found out. If you want the figure complete with stand and accessories, you have to buy it from the "sets for sale" section.

That is because if you buy from the minifig section, you are buying a minifig. Whereas if you buy from the sets section, you are buying the set.
    The description should state Minifig Only, or Minifig with accessories and stand. And to be fair some sellers do list them that way, but some don't.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^This shouldn't even be necessary. A CMF should include everything that came in the original foil package. This includes all parts/pieces/accessories, stand and yes, even the leaflet/mini-poster. IMO of course!

The description should state Minifig Only, or Minifig with accessories and stand. And to be fair some sellers do list them that way, but some don't.

I beg to differ. On BL adding that is not necessary for CMF minifigures listed as minifigutes, in the same way it is not necessary for minifigs in any set. The picture is clear about contents of a lot.
    To someone experienced with bricklink I would agree but there are always new people finding the site, and I'd prefer it be perfectly clear rather than have too little info. Just my opinion of course.
    margot
    CCC said:

jdylak said:

That is because if you buy from the minifig section, you are buying a minifig. Whereas if you buy from the sets section, you are buying the set.
    Yea, that was the explanation given to me after my mistake. I picked some p in a shop while getting pieces and didn't realize when I was buying "minifigure", that was all I was getting. I figured the "set" was the set of 16.

Seems that too much information would be better than too little.
    The way it is set up, each seller has to enter all that extra information for every cmf they list.

Now bricklink could call the minifigures "minifigures without accessories" but then all minifigs come without their accessories, no matter what set they come with if they are sold as a minifigure. They could also use a more visual clue, and just show in the picture what is included - which is what they do. They also allow a buyer to click on the inventory of the minifigs too, so buyers could check that way.

They give all that information, it is up to a buyer to use it.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^I suppose, but when every newbie gets burned in the same way it might be a good idea to change the system. I try to avoid bricklink because it's about as far from user friendly as it can be.
    ^^Minifigs and their accessories is a topic that was discussed about a month ago on another thread. The consensus was that a minifig from a set does not actually have specific and consistent accessories, but I think the OP here is talking about Series CMFs, which do.
    ^ that depends on the minifig. Minifigs unique to just one set can have an identifiable accessory.

I have always been a 'tell someone what it does contain' rather than listing what it doesn't contain.

That said, a number of BL sellers do not supply the packet and don't always mention this when selling as a complete set. For the set to be listed as complete according to BL rules, the packaging should be included.
    edited November 2013
    Seems as though there are a multitude of opportunities for unhappy customers. I'm betting those sellers with the most info in their description have had unhappy customers.

As for the info being there, yes it is there, but the site isn't all that easy to use and anyone new to the site, or even a person who isn't detail oriented may not figure out how to find that info.
    edited November 2013
    CCC said:

^ that depends on the minifig. Minifigs unique to just one set can have an identifiable accessory.

>>I should have said figs that are found in more than one set. My mistake.

I have always been a 'tell someone what it does contain' rather than listing what it doesn't contain.

>>Good policy. Everyone should do this.

That said, a number of BL sellers do not supply the packet and don't always mention this when selling as a complete set. For the set to be listed as complete according to BL rules, the packaging should be included.

>>I'm a bit confused. Sounds like some BL sellers are not following the rules(?).

@LegoMom1 Are you surprised there are sellers who don't follow the rules? Isn't there a rule about charging the customer the PayPal fee? I've seen it done, but choose not to buy from those sellers.
    Yes, not all follow the rules. Some say "No packet, stored in baggie" when listing as complete. Others don't mention the ripped open packet is not included. According to the rules, it should be included if the set is listed as new complete.
    ^^ @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz- Hey, I'm on your side. Just trying to make a point here.

^ @CCC- Thanks for clarifying.
    @LegoMom1 Thanks, I didn't mean to make it seem as though you were speaking against what I said. In this tough economy some people have to hang onto every penny they can, so I try not to be too critical, but where do they draw the line between breaking a rule and breaking the law.
    I think it all boils down to asking questions prior to purchasing. If something isn't clear, or it seems like there is something missing, question it before buying. Good luck in the future.
    Agreed, and I find myself asking more and more.
    LegoMom1 said:

^^Minifigs and their accessories is a topic that was discussed about a month ago on another thread. The consensus was that a minifig from a set does not actually have specific and consistent accessories, but I think the OP here is talking about Series CMFs, which do.

And to me, I thought a "set" of CMF's was the whole of 16. To them, a "set" is that one figure. Doesn't each packet/box have the same product number? If so, that was my reasoning of thinking. To me, the "set" is all 16 and each figure would be the figure with accessories (unless noted) as that how is was originally sold.

^ They are not sold as a set of 16. They are sold as sets of 1.

A complete set is then the minifigure, the accessories, the plate, the leaflet and, if selling on BL, also the packaging.

There is then an artificial set, the complete set of series X. But that is something never sold as a "set" by Lego.

There is also another artificial set, the complete set, which is all sets from all series. Does this contain Team GB, and the book soldier? Who knows, it is a made up designation as a set. Ask the seller.

With collecting anything, there will always be difference in opinion as to what to call something. It is best to familiarise yourself with the definitions of the site you are choosing to use before you buy.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    edited November 2013

At some point in life, we all have a 'four candles' experience.

:o)
    LegobutterflyGothamConstructionCocarlq
    A what?
    sidersdd
    Loved it! Thanks, it made my day!
    legomatt
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541

Yeah, that's it. I considered posting the vid, but thought a bit of 'whaaat?' would be fun first. ;o)

For the uninitiated: It's one of British comedy duo 'The Two Ronnies' better known sketches (in the UK), commonly referred to as 'four candles', arguably their equivalent of the Python's 'dead parrot'.

:o)