Need help finding a Lego piece. Does it exist!?!

I recall in one of my more recent builds (too many to remember which build) a 1x1 plate, round modified with clip, similar to 4085 but a round plate instead. Am I imagining this, or does this part exist? I've searched the Bricklink catalog and can't find anything. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Comments

• OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621
    This http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=90202

Or this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=11090

Those are the closest things I have that come close to your description.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257
    I've never seen the element you describe, and don't believe that LEGO have ever made such a part for public consumption.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    I think I do recall now, and I am a bit embarrassed to say.

I picked up a bucket of LEGO parts at a garage sale and came across it while sorting. I couldn't find it in my stock today , and then realized/remembered I had determined it to be a M***B**** piece. Of course it went to the trash.

But I do wish LEGO would make that part. It would help with a build I am doing where the clips/plates need to be arranged in a curved manner.

Thanks for the help all.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,788
    Companies like megabloks are often slated for making direct copies of lego parts. If lego made that part, would people complain that lego was making exact megablok clones?
    chromedigijasor
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    Actually, the major competitors all make quite a few useful parts that Lego itself does not, including a number of my pet peeves: a variety of tiles in different sizes and shapes, slopes that join to make smooth angles unmarred by "shingling," and polarity-reversing plates. But there's far more than that of interest in each of their systems, of course. It helps to keep an open mind.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^That brings up a good point. Why is there a 'shingling' needed on the slopes to begin with? Doesn't appear to be for functional reasons. It's not like the added lip on tiles to help with removal.
    I think it's because slopes were originally designed to be shingled roofs, a need that certainly must continue to be satisfied for traditional house building. But it is aggravating that anything else requiring slopes gets the same effect, often achieving a ridiculous result, as for example on spacecraft.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    The "step" also means the sloped surface doesn't need to get thinner where it passes over the stud. Perhaps in the early days this was a quality concern, though these days there are lots of much shallower slopes that might require thinner walls in some places anyhow.

Also, weren't the first slopes 45 degrees? To get a 45-degree slope on a brick with a 5:6 ratio, that step is required.
    PaperballparkBrickDancerAmbroisejasor
    edited November 2013
    The other companies produce smoothly-aligned slopes by working to a different set of angles than TLG, at least in part.