Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Need help finding a Lego piece. Does it exist!?!

I recall in one of my more recent builds (too many to remember which build) a 1x1 plate, round modified with clip, similar to 4085 but a round plate instead. Am I imagining this, or does this part exist? I've searched the Bricklink catalog and can't find anything. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Comments

• OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 611
    This http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=90202

Or this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=11090

Those are the closest things I have that come close to your description.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    I've never seen the element you describe, and don't believe that LEGO have ever made such a part for public consumption.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    I think I do recall now, and I am a bit embarrassed to say.

I picked up a bucket of LEGO parts at a garage sale and came across it while sorting. I couldn't find it in my stock today , and then realized/remembered I had determined it to be a M***B**** piece. Of course it went to the trash.

But I do wish LEGO would make that part. It would help with a build I am doing where the clips/plates need to be arranged in a curved manner.

Thanks for the help all.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,199
    Companies like megabloks are often slated for making direct copies of lego parts. If lego made that part, would people complain that lego was making exact megablok clones?
    chromedigijasor
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    Actually, the major competitors all make quite a few useful parts that Lego itself does not, including a number of my pet peeves: a variety of tiles in different sizes and shapes, slopes that join to make smooth angles unmarred by "shingling," and polarity-reversing plates. But there's far more than that of interest in each of their systems, of course. It helps to keep an open mind.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^That brings up a good point. Why is there a 'shingling' needed on the slopes to begin with? Doesn't appear to be for functional reasons. It's not like the added lip on tiles to help with removal.
    I think it's because slopes were originally designed to be shingled roofs, a need that certainly must continue to be satisfied for traditional house building. But it is aggravating that anything else requiring slopes gets the same effect, often achieving a ridiculous result, as for example on spacecraft.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,707
    The "step" also means the sloped surface doesn't need to get thinner where it passes over the stud. Perhaps in the early days this was a quality concern, though these days there are lots of much shallower slopes that might require thinner walls in some places anyhow.

Also, weren't the first slopes 45 degrees? To get a 45-degree slope on a brick with a 5:6 ratio, that step is required.
    PaperballparkBrickDancerAmbroisejasor
    edited November 2013
    The other companies produce smoothly-aligned slopes by working to a different set of angles than TLG, at least in part.