Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

IE11 doesn't react when you change the filters on search

AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
For example, when switching between TABLE view and LIST view. It doesn't do anything.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,450
    edited November 2013
    IE11 seems to have broken a few things. I haven't installed it yet on my main PC but I do have it on my Surface Pro although I haven't tested Brickset thoroughly with it yet. I've just tried those buttons and confirm they don't work.

It's odd that that particular function doesn't work given that it's implemented in asp.net using standard postbacks, so I will conclude that IE11 is broken.

I won't bother fixing it because the new site will be launching in a couple of months. You can give it a test drive at http://dev.brickset.com/welcome.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    Is there something I can add to the URL to force a particular view? Cheers.
    No, but you could clear cookies to get it back to the default list view.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    IE11 be darned! I was foolish enough to let it update.

So I have the same issue... Sort, Table, Gallery, List, 25, 50, 100, 200 ... none of those buttons work on IE11. Guess I'll be using Chrome even more now. lol
    It's weird... clearly an IE11 problem, surely, given every other version and browser works just fine...
    It seems IE11 was part of Windows 7 update this week so I suffered this problem myself. It seems that it has a different browser identification string which is upsetting a number of sites.

However the fix in Brickset's case was relatively simple, install the latest .net framework. SO I've done it and it should now be working. LMK if you encounter any other issues.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Download Chrome. Problem Solved...
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    Perhaps, but Chrome is hardly issue-free.
    IE11 is actually quite good, in particular the developer tools have had a massive upgrade and are now probably the best available.

But it does seem that a number of websites don't recognise it as IE anymore due to its new user agent string. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko)
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 229
    @Huw it looks like both Brickset and Forum are working well with IE11 since the .net update.