Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Inside Tour 2014

123457»

Comments

• evertevert Member Posts: 16
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advise!I will wait after the Annual Fair Bricks Rafle. I am think about selling the set in the first week of september. So ther should be plent of time for Sirkevbags to wrap up everthing for the rafle.

Ron do you were wih me on the tour do know al the names of the designers that signed
    the set? I know Jamie Berard, Alan don't rember his last name do you know the names of the other designers?
  • RonnyRonny USAMember Posts: 86
    We had Sam (Chima), Chris (LEGO Movie), Jamie (many sets), Andy (he's the head guy that hosted the ceremony), Mel, Lauren, that's all I can remember. I don't have their last name.
    Thanks!
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    So ... boxes have arrived, not much damage, some pushed-in corners, except ... just one of the 2 Hobbit sets that I wanted to give as present had squeezed box. Should have packed that between some boxes that I don't care about :/

@Evert You will most probably get more money for the charity when selling online. not sure if that charity event gets only donations or there a real life auction onsite. Maybe you could arrange with organizers to have the online auction end during that time to give it some realtime feel. Just don't steal their show :)
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    @evert there was also Lee who does the Mindstorm sets. Did you get his signature.
  • DoppelgangerDoppelganger Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know how to download the photos from the Sharepoint web site? I know I can do it one by one, by right-clicking each photo, but I'd much rather be able to just download them all at once. I don't see that option available on the site, however.

Also, I cannot remember the name of one designer, and it is driving me batty. If anyone remembers the brown-haired man who showed us a Friends set he was working on during the designer introductions, I would so appreciate your PM-ing me. (This was for the May 3-10 tour. You can tell I'm working on my photo album now.)

Also, if anyone has been waiting for me to send them photos, I am sorry for the delay. I've tried emailing them but they've been rejected by the server, because of their size. PM or email me; I'm trying to set up a private Dropbox or something similar to share them.

Thanks!

Does anyone know how to download the photos from the Sharepoint web site? I know I can do it one by one, by right-clicking each photo, but I'd much rather be able to just download them all at once. I don't see that option available on the site, however.

Also, I cannot remember the name of one designer, and it is driving me batty. If anyone remembers the brown-haired man who showed us a Friends set he was working on during the designer introductions, I would so appreciate your PM-ing me. (This was for the May 3-10 tour. You can tell I'm working on my photo album now.)

Also, if anyone has been waiting for me to send them photos, I am sorry for the delay. I've tried emailing them but they've been rejected by the server, because of their size. PM or email me; I'm trying to set up a private Dropbox or something similar to share them.

Thanks!

Hi there.
    I was on the last June tour.
    To download the pictures in a batch you'll need SharePoint Designer 2010. The LEGO team is using SharePoint 2010, and newer versions of SharePoint Designer (aka "Groove") won't work. I tried.
    The software requires some...manipulation...but you can get the pics. I used it to get all the pictures from our tour.

I put the version of SharePoint Designer 2010 on my DropBox. This software used to be available for free from Microsoft's site, but has since been removed, as they are trying to move everyone to SharePoint 2013.
    Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39732/Microsoft Office 2010 SharePoint Workspace X86 32bit.iso

Note that it's an ISO file, which means that you'll need to either (a) burn a CD out of it, or (b-preferred) use a tool such as Virtual CloneDrive from SlySoft to mount that ISO as a drive on your PC (so it'll appear as...say... drive E:, and you'll see the contents of the ISO.)

I have placed the photos from my tour, which I have downloaded using the aforementioned software, in my DropBox as well, and several participants of my tour already got them. I don't think you'll be interested in them :)

If you need any further help, I'm here. It's the 4th of July and I'm building one of the 50 sets I got. LOL.

Good luck!

• kennywestkennywest Member Posts: 25
    The other day, I spent the whole evening downloading the pictures one by one (by replacing numbers in the URL). Now I feel really stupid :(
    kennywest said:

The other day, I spent the whole evening downloading the pictures one by one (by replacing numbers in the URL). Now I feel really stupid :(

Don't be. It's one of those things that you have to have done in the past, to know that it exists.
  • DoppelgangerDoppelganger Member Posts: 8
    Ronny, thank you so much for your detailed instructions! I hope you had as great a time on the tour as I did.
    Thanks, @Doppelganger‌. The tour was absolutely awesome!
  • MauricioMauricio Member Posts: 28
    First tour attendees: I have downloaded all the photos from the SharePoint site and shared them with Dropbox. Send me a PM if you would like the link.

@Ronny, thanks for the instructions. Even with that tool, it was surprisingly difficult to get all the files. =)
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 215
    edited July 2014
    Anyone else received replacement sticker for this years inside tour? They arrived out of the blue today, advising to destroy the originals because they don't meet the lego group quality standards and also to stop them falling into the wrong hands.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 516
    @GoldJono‌ I've received them today as well.
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    edited July 2014
    Yep, just got mine today! Almost feels like the tour isn't quite over yet, lol.
    Camilla told us (Tour 4) about a missing/bad sticker, but today we received the following message from her:

I hope you arrived home safely and enjoyed the stay in Billund.

On the last day of the tour I informed you about the missing LEGOLAND sticker in the special LEGO train set you received. If you have already build the model, then you will know that you were misinformed, as the sticker was actually already placed in the box.

I am sorry if this caused you any confusion. Everything is in place and hopefully you will enjoy the build and/or displaying the box.

All the best

Camilla Torpe
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    How odd. I have a replacement sticker today as well.

The letter that comes with it also suggests that there should be a replacement seal for the box, but that's not there.
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    @Ronny‌ and everyone else...I'm assuming these will be sent to all tour attendees? When we built the set, we noticed that the stickers weren't scored well enough and that I had to use an exacto knife to cut them.
    I really don't know, @husky96‌.
    So the problem you guys saw with the stickers was in the way they were cut on the sheet?
    leemcg said:

How odd. I have a replacement sticker today as well.

The letter that comes with it also suggests that there should be a replacement seal for the box, but that's not there.

Right, I read the letter again and then I realized the replacement seals were not included.
    What is a "Seal" exactly?...just wondering what part of my box is the seal.
    Are there not typical seals on the inner box? I never checked.
    Haven't received anything yet.

I sent a mail, the other week, to Camilla and Sanne asking for a high-res version of the picture on the back of the box to add to my photo-album (resolution of the picture on the back of the box is very low)

Apparently they're not allowed to send it :(
  • MauricioMauricio Member Posts: 28
    @kennywest, I must say that is rather surprising. I agree that it would be nice photo to have.
    Yes, I find this surprising as well. There is nothing exclusive or secret about this picture. It's a simple picture of the group taken in front of the Legoland hotel. Feeling sad :(
    Just received the sticker sheet for the exclusive set. No idea what's wrong with the original stickers in the box, since I haven't built the set ... yet.
    Sooo, this is a bit flimsy, but I guess it would not be possible for them to send one of the other photos the photographer shot at the same time?
    Right now the ladies are on holliday for three weeks. I am sure that they will fix everything.
    I know this because i send an email to Sanne.

Kennywest I agree think the photo would be great and it's not a secret of private. We all signed the photo release form.
    The purpose of the photo release is not to release it to you. It's to give them the rights to use it in any way that they want.
    Indeed, the release form is to allow them to use all pictures and film-footage they have taken for internal use. I remember asking, during the tour, to have part of the film-footage, and they were going to check if they could release parts from this to the attendees. Now that they aren't allowed to send a simple picture, I don't have high hopes for the film :(
  • husky96husky96 Member Posts: 46
    @ronny For me, the issue was that the stickers weren't scored deep enough so it wasn't coming off of the adhesive. Comparing the new stickers to the old, the color seems the same to me. If anything, maybe slightly whiter, but not enough to say, "this is horrible".

As for the seal, it has a code of 19M4, but this does not affect form, fit, or function, so it seems like a moot point for most of us I would imagine.
    Ronny
    I have a plan to build my set as the first set in the new house we'll (hopefully) move to soon. But, just to make sure I have the stickers, I opened up the package. I saw 2 stickers there, and they seem to be fine.
    The LIT team posted Excel files with e-mail addresses of tour participants.
    Tour #4 participant: if you want the list and can't get it, let me know.
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 93
    I never received the stickers... :(

But I havn't built my set yet anyway.. :) I hope to find some time to do it. I need to clear out a spot to display it first...
    Hey Guys,

The 10243 Parisian Restaurant that was signed during the lego inside tour by lego designers is now onsale on Ebay. The money will be donated to children braincancer research.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281433734571

Anybody gonna register for next years LIT?
  • markarm919markarm919 USAMember Posts: 60
    I'll try again. Hopefully I won't be in between jobs again...
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,909
    I have to wait until 2016 now.
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    edited September 2014
    I see from this posting http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/16682/set-4000014-the-legoland-train-lego-fan-weekend-special-edition that exhibitors at the LEGO fan weekend in Skaerback (DK) have been given a copy of th set 4000014 The Legoland Train, the same that was given out as the exclusive gift for this years Inside Tour. Only difference is the background and where we had the limited edition number it says Lego Fan Weekend!!!!
    And registration for the 2015 Inside tour is closed...

Looks like they have a clause that if you had already attended a tour before, your place may be given up for a first-timer.
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 215
    ^It seems like a pretty reasonable clause. Did you register for 2015?
  • legojeroenlegojeroen NetherlandsMember Posts: 31
    I registerd for the tour... And now we wait
    Unfortunately, I didn't register this time. I don't think leaving my wife and newborn alone would be appropriate. But I did think about it for a while... It was a tough call.
    adiemc
    Hello Inside Tour 2014 alumni! How is everyone doing? I have to confess, I still havn't built my set from the tour... :(
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,495
    edited December 2015
    I didn't quite know where to put this and this seems like as good of a place as any, at least appropriate.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-LEGOLAND-Train-LEGO-Exclusive-2014-Edition-4000014-1-RARE-Hard-To-Find-NEW-/151916537174?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=oqV7e7HcR%2FKdIU03vvleTkSUa%2FI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I didn't buy it by the way, my marriage wouldn't survive it.