Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Inside Tour 2014

Comments

• chiukeungchiukeung Member Posts: 4
    Hi all members from Group1
    I just heard the updates from DK. Group 3 had spent more than Group 1 in employee shop. That's amazing. The record was updated. :D

CK
  • kennywestkennywest Member Posts: 25
    Well that's easy. There are some fellow BeLUG colleagues there and they traveled there ... by car. So no limits :)
    minicoopers11
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    I dread to think how much I would have picked up if I'd driven!
    minicoopers11
  • evertevert Member Posts: 16
    I wonder how much the record is. Breaking the record is only possible when the store has plenty of sets. If the Belug colleagues bought so much how did they get it from the shop to the hotelroom? Is the store next to the hotel?
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    That is pretty amazing. What was the total in DKK?
    I am just guessing, I'm still waiting for an update from them :)
    But if I would have driven by car, I'm sure I would have bought more. The limit for people traveling by plane is what you can cram into a single box + what you can cram into your luggage.

If you buy a lot and travel by car, you just need to carry what you bought to the bus and from the bus to the hotel. And yes there is a lot available in the staff-store and they are constantly busy replenishing shelves ...

I indeed wonder what the record breaking amount was ...
    edited June 2014
    Very pleased with the sets I picked up from the employee store. I am just back from a street party, which has been fantastic. There was a raffle and I put a couple of sets that I bought innate prizes (couldn't sell them, but a raffle for charity seemed great). I got 6868 and 6869 for a total of £25. They are about £100 each on Ebay but that's a bit irrelevant if you can't sell them.

The raffle raised £300 for a local children's hospice and the organisers told me it was mostly because of the Lego prizes (there was also £20 ironing voucher and a large chicken amongst other prizes) and parents buying tickets for their kids.

My advice: check out the half price aisle, and see if there's something you can give to charity. If you don't have something local, pop it in FairyBricks raffle.
    adiemcSirKevbagsShibLostInTranslation
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    No surprise I like that idea from @leemcg‌
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,465
    I can see it now ... Sorry son, we didn't get the Hulk helicarrier but we are eating chicken tonight.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Hahaha!
    The raffle for charity sounds like a wonderful idea! Way to go, leemcg!

I am not surprised that the folks who traveled by car bought so much. When BrickFair VA used to get a big discount at the Tyson Corners' Lego Store, we filled up our car, too! If you empty the boxes into ziploc bags, you can stuff a lot of bricks in almost any car! They also used to dispose of damaged box sets at low prices, and that was a real treat.

It is a problem flying home from a LEGO event. I use the largest checkable roller bag and fill it with bricks in bags and a few small rare boxed sets until hitting the weight limit. (Same with my daypack carried on the plane.) Pack the heaviest bags on the bottom and your dirty clothes around the outside of the bricks. And then put a strap or two around the outside to keep the bag from exploding when it is thrown around by baggage handlers and machines.

It is good that airlines limit bags to fifty pounds or so because that is about all I can roll round without getting injured lifting it out of the car, etc.

And it is important to remember that the LEGO event is the thing you want to focus on because your memories of the trip itself, the people you met, and the things your did are more important than whatever bricks you manage to bring home.
    cmrt1014
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,617
    Can anyone post pics of their tour now? Or are people waiting for other tours to finish? I want to live vicariously through others.
    MorkMan
    Good tot hear that more people are doing there part for chairity. I am cycling the september for children brain cancer research, http://www.six4semmy.nl/ it's in Dutch but google translate might work. Selling a set to raise money is a good idea. I never tried it.

I am now packing for Billund for the next week tour. I hope see guys there.
  • RankeduRankedu Member Posts: 9
    I'm flying into Billund for the tour tomorrow!

Question for people in the US/Canada who got the box that was shipped home. Did you have to pay import duties/taxes on it?
  • solskjaersolskjaer Member Posts: 8
    kennywest said:

Dear May 7 to 9 tour people,

Apparently I was not the only one mailing Sanne about sharing the other attendees' e-mail addresses. She has sent a mail to all of the first tour participants if they are willing to share their e-mail address or not. I don't see any problem with this, so mine will be shared :)
    What I would like to have from all my fellow tour participants is a photo of you together with your creation during the building challenge, so be prepared :)
    I would like to add this to my personal LIT 2014 photo-album as a memory to all of you.
    Thanks and Leg godt!

Hey kenny,

Did you get the first price?

For the once that like to know the amount that was spend on the 3th tour, it was 110.000 DKK. Me and my fellow BeLUG colleague were responsible for around 20.000 DKK.

I got fourth prize and my creation was the only Technic creation in the competition :)
    This was my entry: http://bricksafe.com/pages/kennywest/MOCs/go-cart
    It looks stupid, but considering the fact this was my second attempt creating a Technic model, I think it's a job well done. The kids love to play with it ... which is the most important I think ...
    Lego_Star
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 215
    Just discovered that they sold the last #10197 Fire Brigade at the Lego Shop in Legoland Billund yesterday, should have bought it when I was here in May.

Another tip for all those on this weeks tour.

Remember to pick up your Season Pass coupon book at the service desk in the lego shop in Legoland.

Coupons include.

Spring coupons valid until June 29
    30% discount on a LEGO boxed set of your choice in the LEGO Shop (1 coupon)
    25% discount on a name tag in the Name On It store (1 coupon)
    25% discount on total bill (max. 6 people) at the Grill House (1 coupon)
    20% discount on a total purchase exceeding DKK 300 in the LEGO Shop (1 coupon)
    20% discount on a photo at one of the photo sale locations (1 coupon)
    Play three times, pay for two, at any Games stall (1 coupon)
    XL soft drink (800 ml) free with the purchase of an adult meal at Captain Roger’s (1 coupon)

The 30% discount could come in handy on things like the Sandcrawler that may not be in the staff store yet.
    minicoopers11
    Oh shoot...did this coupon book exist during the first tour?! Woops...
    @minicoopers11‌ if it was, I wasn't aware of it.
  • RonnyRonny USAMember Posts: 86
    Group 4 broke the record, with 136,000 DKK spent!
    From what I gather quite a lot of that was from one person.
    OMG, that's almost twice the amount our group spent :/
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 516
    edited June 2014
    I logged on to the SharePoint site earlier to see if there have been any updates and there are now photos available from Tour 1. Just over 300 of them! Plus an Excel spreadsheet containing the email addresses of the participants, so @kennywest you can start your quest to obtain pictures from your fellow attendees!
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    what are the chances the sharepoint site is public? I'd love to see other's photos. :)
  • MauricioMauricio Member Posts: 28
    Gooker1 said:

what are the chances the sharepoint site is public? I'd love to see other's photos. :)

Oh, there will be photos... shortly. =)

Review of the secret set now up at www.newelementary.com
    Great photos @Mauricio, although too many with me in!
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 516
    Nice review @leemcg. Still not got round to building my set yet. Your review has given me the urge though!

And some great pics @Mauricio‌. Could I be cheeky and ask if you could send me copies of some of the ones I'm in?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    I'm scrolling through the album from Mauricio and looks like everyone had a blast. I am extremely jealous.

The Inside Tour set looks fantastic as well.
  • MauricioMauricio Member Posts: 28
    adiemc said:

Could I be cheeky and ask if you could send me copies of some of the ones I'm in?

No problem, just send me a private message with the IDs (or URLs) for the photos you are interested in.

• Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    LOL Thanks!!!!
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 60
    How could we get the instructions of this great set ? Thanks.
    I guess this will be downloadable from LEGO.com. But I think you need some patience.
    Unless Lego mess up, I dont think you'll find the instructions easily, actually. Instructions for previous sets are not up (although last year's did become available briefly).

You might need to find someone who has the set who's prepared to share. I would presume that set owners would like to keep the sets exclusivity, so this might be unlikely, but you never know.

Lee

• papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    Hmm, anybody from last tour already got their package(s) ? It seems another weekend spent 'not building' for me :(
    edited June 2014
    For my experience (Denmark to USA), it only took 8 calendar days for the packages to arrive (from date of employee store visit to arrival). My packages got back home before me!
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    Nothing arrived here in Scotland yet and we're just across the North Sea. Had hoped to do a bit of building this weekend too
    papluh
    Nothing here either (USA/GA). 11 days since purchase.
    At least I have Bat Bee to keep me company.
    scottwb2010
    Last year the boxes took about 3 weeks to arrive in Scotland, so I wouldn't start worrying just yet, I believe the schools in Denmark finished for the summer on Friday that your tour ended, so they could be a bit short staffed, due to people taking vacations.
    Well...strike my last. I got the package 30 minutes after making my post above.
    For those of you wondering: it was shipped using DHL, and the form on it shows that it was shipped on June 26th...4 days ago.

They sent it in the original (very thin) box, which crushed most of the boxes, but in general things look fine.

I expect a great trip but this surpasses all expectations. The ladies organized a fantastice tour.

Meeting the designers was a nice experience. The ontwers are down to earth and very friendly. Jamie was good fun during dinner tour allows members to make jokes with references to the tour. Hidden message in one of the upcoming videos This led to a discussion funny how a message "hidden" could be. As I would like to tour you guys inside this new lego sets etc.

At the end of the tour, I have the ladies of the organization are a small token of appreciation given, see the picture.

Today I got the package from Billund ontvangen.Het package has 12 days to do, and that's pretty normal for an order from Denmark.
    This the gift I gave on behave of the group. Considering all the effort the ladies put in the tour more than deserved
    Ronnyminicoopers11GoldJonopapluh
    @Goldjono, thanks again for the nice gift! (we met in the store when you were looking for tiles :)
    During the tour I picked up a set of the chairty. On 20 September 20 I am cycling the sixforsemmy a fundraiser for research for childhood brain cancer. For this purpose a Lego Parisian 10243 restaurant has been bought in the Lego store staff.

During the trip the lego set has been signed on the front by Lego staff member / desginers including Jamie, Alen, Legoland event manager, the ladies from the tour, Lego recruiter, senior director of corporate communications and many more.
    The back of the leg has set signed by all participants of the tour.

I am thinking to auction but I do not know what is the best way of doing this . Hereby I would like to use your help!

What do you think is the best way to get maximum exposure for this one of kind set?
    Also I am looking for people that would like to bring this set on the attention to the world. The designers offered to bring this unque set on the attention with through social media. Do you guys wanna help so that together we can do our best for this good cause?
    GoldJonoLegoboy
  • RankeduRankedu Member Posts: 9
    I missed the DHL delivery in Canada.

Picking it up from their depot on Wednesday.

Hopefully the boxes aren't too badly damaged from the shipping. How badly where the boxes crushed for you Ronny?
    My box was mint. So dent or any crushing.
    Every box inside the shipping box was crushed to some degree. I don't think there's any damage to pieces, though.
    If anyone wants the pictures of the tour from June 17th to the 20th, please send me a message. I got them all.
    evert said:

During the tour I picked up a set of the chairty. On 20 September 20 I am cycling the sixforsemmy a fundraiser for research for childhood brain cancer. For this purpose a Lego Parisian 10243 restaurant has been bought in the Lego store staff.

During the trip the lego set has been signed on the front by Lego staff member / desginers including Jamie, Alen, Legoland event manager, the ladies from the tour, Lego recruiter, senior director of corporate communications and many more.
    The back of the leg has set signed by all participants of the tour.

I am thinking to auction but I do not know what is the best way of doing this . Hereby I would like to use your help!

What do you think is the best way to get maximum exposure for this one of kind set?
    Also I am looking for people that would like to bring this set on the attention to the world. The designers offered to bring this unque set on the attention with through social media. Do you guys wanna help so that together we can do our best for this good cause?

Hi Evert,
    Maybe you could try and contact Huw, who runs Brickset.
    I know he had done or helped with similar endeavors before.

-Ronny
    @Evert I would suggest you wait until after the annual Fairy Bricks Raffle for which ticket sales start today, that way your not competing with it for attention. I donated a similarly signed Lego House to the Fairy Bricks raffle. There are lots of other amazing prizes including a signed model the brilliant AFOL turned lego designer Mark Stafford built durning the 1st inside tour last year donated by @caperberry‌. I would also contact @SirKevbags‌ from fairy bricks as I'm sure he would be happy to cross promote your auction.
    StormKittySirKevbags
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Indeed, happy to help if I can but I can't pitch in until the raffle is done and dusted ☺
    GoldJono