Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Inside Tour 2014

Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,909
So who else is trying to go next year? I am on the wait list and holding my breath for two weeks until they confirm who is going.

Anyone else?

Comments

• SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 550
    Would like to say I'll be putting my name down, but I can't this time.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Yes I'm on the list. I've actually ended up putting my name down for two different tours because my wife filled the form in for me too - but I'll only be going on one!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Good luck guys - i can only imagine the awesomeness of going on this (well aside from last years excellent review!)
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,909
    I put down for all four tours. I don't care which one I go on as long as I get to go.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I hope you all get to go!
    edited November 2013
    It's probably a jinx but I've actually already booked my flights. There were only 5 seats spare on the flight from London City airport to Billund and I was able to use points. My wife clicked the buttons about 12.02 she says, so if the flight tickets are wasted it will be because of some amazingly speedy sell-out!
  • PoMoPinkPoMoPink UKMember Posts: 275
    I'm on the list for either of the June tours ... got my confirmation email at 12.02 so I don't think I could have applied any quicker ...
    No-one's had anything yet have they? My mailbox has been full and bouncing most of the day, and it would be just my luck ...
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I am hoping to do this in a few years. I am green with envy for those who are going!!
    margot
    They said within two weeks of registration. I am holding my breath.
  • middleton83middleton83 Member Posts: 13
    I wish I could go, but I have exams at that time of year, and I don't really have the money for it. Oh well, maybe I'll go in 2015
    @PoMoPink No I've heard nothing either, and I've been receiving email just fine today.
  • charthvadercharthvader Member Posts: 3
    Hi am guessing no one has heard as yet??? Got my e mail at 12.03 so wondering if may have missed out as maybe just not quick enough
    Oh and hello am new on the forum - my name is Chaaya - just re checked e mail and it is 12.03.05!
    I have heard nothing yet.
  • RonnyRonny USAMember Posts: 86
    Still waiting...
    Not waiting anymore :)
    Got it!
    June 17-20!
    LegoboyLostInTranslationSirKevbagscheshirecatprincedravencarlqmurphquake
    I'm in for June 10-13 ... now to decide if I can really afford it :(
    murphquake
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 115
    ^ don't you think that's a little insensitive to the people on this forum that applied, can afford it and did not get a place?
    Ronny
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 215
    I was also fortunate enough to get a place on the 6th-9th of May. I can't think of a better way to spend my Birthday.
    LostInTranslationcheshirecatRonnyprincedravencarlqmurphquake
    If I don't register by 1 December the place goes to someone on the waiting list. It's not like there will be an empty place on the tour.
    I did not make it in. :(
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    Really sorry to hear that @Russell844 :-(
    @Russell844, don't lose hope.
    Did they tell you that you're still on the waiting list?
    Did they mention anything else about your options?
    We're all pulling for you, buddy. Keep yer chin up!
    LostInTranslationmargotRussell844
    "However cancellations might occur up until tour start and in that case we will contact the next person on the waiting list either by email or phone."
    That's a real shame @Russell844

My second (accidental) application was rejected. If it was rejected because it was too far down the list (rather than an unwritten rule about not being allowed to go on two tours in a year) then the places sold out in less than 12 minutes!
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 239
    I didnt make it either. Must have been full in less than 11 mins as thats when my confirmation email came thru! :-(
    edited November 2013
    Funny thing is I figured my local time was 5am to 1pm Danish time. My cell phone said I got my confirmation at 4:55am my time. My email confirmation is time stamped at 4:57am. Does that mean they opened registration early?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,258
    ^ were you using PDT vs PST for the correct time? And instead of 5 minutes early you were 55 minutes late?
    I wondered that too because it was close to the daylight saving time change.
    Got in on the last tour!

Russell844 dont give up - some people may not be able to go or have applied for more than one tour

Had been trying from 12.55 and registration for me did open at 13.00 - I also then tried again at 13.08 and although the link was active once you got re directed you were not able to register
    @Russell844, you may have been the victim of the time change that weekend.
    If you're indeed in California, as your profile suggests, registration for you opened at 4:00 am local time on Monday 11/4, not 5:00 am. I'm on Eastern, and registered at 7:00 am, with a confirmation e-mail of 7:03:38 (you have to look at the e-mail source, to see those details, as most e-mail clients/webmail clients will hide the seconds).
    @Ronny, I figured that was probably the case. Yes, I am in Cafifornia.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    This is always something I've wanted to participate in, maybe when I have more money. I honestly didn't know there was so much competition registering for the tour.

Congrats to those who got in, and best of luck @Russell844! I'm sure a spot will free up for you in the near future. :)

Have fun everyone! Make sure you share your experience with us.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,619
    Congratulations everyone who got places, you'll have a great time. I look forward to reading your reports here :-)
  • markarm919markarm919 USAMember Posts: 60
    I was lucky enough to be selected for the 20-May through 23-May tour in 2014.

Any other members going a 2014 tour or more specifically that tour? It would be great to meet other members off line. I'm beyond excited about this!
    Yellowcastle
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,444
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,749
    Congratulations. [Lucky sod]
    Anybody else get in the May 20-23 tour? I'll be there and would like to meet anybody from the boards.
    I'm confirmed for the 6th-9th May tour.
    GoldJono
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,108
    I can't wait to hear/see what the exclusive set they give out is...congrats to all that made it and good luck to those still on the list! You will have an awesome time. Enjoy!!
    I decided not to go, so hopefully someone on here will get my place from the waiting list.
  • SidSid Member Posts: 1
    I'm going on the first tour May 6th-9th with my 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone else that's on he same tour :-)
    margotalexwil
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Can't wait to hear the trip reports! @Huw's was a great read.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    ^and see the pictures! too!
    I just bought my plane tickets!

I'm planning on a whole photo blog post on this. I'll certainly provide a link and will be happy to answer questions.

On that note, I'm also happy to take questions with me if anybody has any.
    margotMorkMan
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048

I'm planning on a whole photo blog post on this.

I might be wrong, but I think you have to sign an NDA. I don't think you can take pictures in the factories etc. You might have to be extra creative and descriptive with your writing ;-)

I figured cameras were not allowed in a lot of it. I'll be sure to shoot what I can though.
    @Sid. I'm on that tour too, look forward to meeting you. Just me though - my kids are too young.