New-style printed clock element in #21013 Big Ben Architecture set

I thought this was worthy of note: The new-style 2x2 round tile that @caperberry noticed a few months ago has turned up as the printed clock element in set #21013, which I bought today.

The reason I got so excited when I noticed (and excited enough to make this thread about it) is that with the clock pieces now having a hole in the centre of the back (rather than a cross), there's no need for the 2x2 tan plates to secure it to the building, and it looks a lot better for it!

Comments

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 766
    Nice find. Thanks for sharing!
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    I wondered whether that particular model was a good reason to introduce the new tile... There was just no way to do it nicely without the new element.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited November 2013
    It seems this part is now pretty prevalent in the wild. I ordered some of the light bley round 2x2 tiles with the grill/ mesh pattern from PAB a couple of weeks back, and they have arrived as the new round version too! I probably should have been but wasn't quite expecting it.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Agreed, it looks better as chunkiness was the primary issue... problem for me is, this loses the square around the clock face and it's even more obvious the clock doesn't sit vertically aligned to the section of tower its attached to. If they'd just forked out on a proper Big Ben clock print on a square tile in the first place.... *sigh*
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,439
    ^^ Yes, those in the Parisian Resaturant are the new type.

The set has both types of jumper plate in it: white and grey ones are the new style without pin in the middle, but the brown ones were the old style.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 260
    These appear to not have the "plus sign" in the middle that the plates of this type in my parts have. Now I can use this part in more ways than I used to.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @paperballpark was the set shipped without the brackets formerly used to attach the clock tiles or did you use alternate elements to build it this way?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,446
    It had the four 2x2 tan plates normally used to attach the clock tiles, but I thought it looked better without them, as shown in the photo.