Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Minecraft Sets in Minifigure Scale Announced!

AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
edited November 2013 in Collecting
Lego announced that they are launching a new line of LEGO Minecraft sets in minifigure scale. Right now they are in the middle of the development of these and would love your input.

www.facebook.com/LEGOMineCraft

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    I would have preferred them continuing the Micro Worlds, but I guess they will have more play features and details than the original Micro Worlds. I really hope they also produce more Micro World sets on the side as well.

How do you feel about this news?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    *head-desk*
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,377
    My nephew will freak out about this, while his twin will probably not like it as he is sick of his brother talking about Minecraft. I have to admit it is kinda neat and makes a lot of sense, LEGO doing this will attract even more kids to the brand I think.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    I thought it was going great as microbuilds. My only worry is how this will be achieved, 1x1s and 1x3s bricks for trees instead of plates?
    Worries me- but could be great if done proper
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    Here are some screenshots from the video that give an idea of what they are currently doing.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    Good for generic pieces but not at all interesting. Better as a microbuild in my opinion.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,910
    I realize this is still in a prototype stage, buy boy, those looks really bad. Hopefully the final product will not disappoint.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I feel like the initial poster of this on Cuusoo is getting shafted. It was "his" idea and only the first set had the cuusoo banner on it. So I'm assuming he doesn't get the 1% of sales for all the other sets? I'm sure that's why LEGO has you basically sign away all your rights when you submit projects on Cuusoo, just seems odd to me.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    I thought the original Minecraft submission was by the Minecraft creators which means they're getting licensing money either way.
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    I'm not sold on these either, I really liked the microbuild but well, they've got a lot of time to come up with some really interesting sets.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,952
    The issue with microbuild is that for $35 a set, it is awfully small of a play item. If I by three sets for one of my kids that is $105, and there are much better uses for my money for a toy based item. For that I would jump on Galactic Titan, or many other $100 normal Lego sets, or something outside of Lego completely. My kids like Minecraft, but I simply refuse to buy the microbuild sets. It just isn't worth the money for our family.

If they get these done right, the potential is massive.

• yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    graphite said:

I thought the original Minecraft submission was by the Minecraft creators which means they're getting licensing money either way.

Ah that would make sense.
    Lego use these as inspiration: http://imgur.com/a/EcBGW

Or you could just make new Minecraft type Minifigures with rectangular arms and legs as they could be very fragile for kids to play with if they were brick-built. Please don't use the regular minifigure torso and legs as it takes away from the game and wont be as recognisable.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,467
    ^ Why not tell them on the facebook page? They probably don't read this forum.
    LostInTranslationAdzbadboy

^ Why not tell them on the facebook page? They probably don't read this forum.

I did, no reply yet.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    New parts packs, sweet.
    yys4u
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,910
    Adzbadboy said:

Lego use these as inspiration: http://imgur.com/a/EcBGW

Or you could just make new Minecraft type Minifigures with rectangular arms and legs as they could be very fragile for kids to play with if they were brick-built. Please don't use the regular minifigure torso and legs as it takes away from the game and wont be as recognisable.

Those actually look really good.