Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,450
edited January 2014 in Collecting
Brickfanatics has an image of series 12 minifigs, which are all from the movie and include the following:

William Shakespeare
Gail the Construction Worker
Panda Guy
Abraham Lincoln
Taco Tuesday Guy
Larry the Barista
President Business
Calamity Drone
Marsha Queen of the Mermaids
Wild West Wyldstyle
Scribbe-Face Bad Cop
Velma Staplebot
Hard Hat Emmet
“Where are my Pants?” Guy
Mrs. Scratchen-Post
Wiley Fusebot

Apparently they're in stores from January.

jimmyp1982sidersddInfinitymancarlqCapnRex101rancorbaitHarryPotterLoverBombTectmgm528LostInTranslationjasorPenkid11khmellymelAdzbadboyBeavBrickDancermargotklatu003GothamConstructionComadforLEGOLegoMom1JohnnyfinlandiaLegobutterflynerick906darthdcMods79icey117Coolsplash

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Woo-hoo! Honest Abe in minifig form. Like the Panda too.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    They look fantastic! It is nice to get another cat, the Panda Suit Guy looks great and I love that coffee cup. Lots of new hairpieces feature as well which is great to see.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    I was worried that with them being all from the movie there would be no variety but I was just proved wrong! We have creatures, townspeople, historic figures, etc! Great work on some (Panda suit guy) Hopefully Larry the Barista will be a common one to get some coffee cups!!!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Another cat-loving female with LBG hair. Is this the younger Grandma? ;O)
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 168
    Looks like Shakespeare's "paper" says:
    To build or not to build.

love it.
    sidersdd
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,450
    I'm thinking of the possibilities for Abe's hat in olde-style MoCs...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,801
    edited November 2013
    It looks like Abe has an all-in-one hat and beard. I'm liking the Shakespear hair and recoloured torso, panda suit, blue-black dress, grey female hair, new mermaid tail colour.

The cat-woman as a whole is a bit soon after granny from S11.

I doubt I'll go for any of them as characters except the panda and barista, and just get some others for parts only. Slightly disappointing for me, but pretty much as expected.

Panda is by far the best one, and no doubt it will be a frequency 2 per box.

Notice the cat woman is also covered in cat hair.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    I'm guessing 12 construction workers per box...
    chromedigi
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    ^ or probably cops, Emmitts, or President Buisnesses
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Shakespeare fig is great, only minus is that his torso seems to be just a recolour. And the hair of the robot lady just to the left of him is also a great addition. Has a bit of a retro feel and is just perfect for middle aged women.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 245
    Hard Hat Emmet has hair coming out from under his hat!
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    No space fig, boohoo. *sniff*

But... No-pants-guy? I think it's hilarious, but how did that get through PC-control?
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    They look fantastic, cant wait for these.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    I love the panda guy!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Really cool. Will be getting them all.
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    Really no one has mentioned the Octan mug?! Its the best piece!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    richl said:

Hard Hat Emmet has hair coming out from under his hat!

So does the other - Gail the Construction Worker
    One thing I noticed with the image - none of them are in unrealistic poses. Maybe the zombie thing second left has legs slightly too far apart, but otherwise no bent legs are shown unlike earlier series.
    jasorAdzbadboyHarryPotterLover
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Not impressed at all. to many scraping the bottom of the barrel designs and recolorings.

Would LOVE to completely express my true thoughts on these figures but judging by past EB results combined with still being enraged over Nintendo's shutting swapnote with little to no chance of it returning, I am better off keeping my yap shut.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    Scribbe-face seems to be a mistranslation imply a "split-face" (his head has two sides). The full name of the character is Good Cop/Bad Cop (hence the two faces).

Any way. This series looks fantastic and I can't wait for them to come out.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    CCC said:

One thing I noticed with the image - none of them are in unrealistic poses. Maybe the zombie thing second left has legs slightly too far apart, but otherwise no bent legs are shown unlike earlier series.

Good observation! That's probably because these chracters come from the Lego Movie, and the rules of the movie say no bendy limbs.
    edited November 2013
    I guess it looks like the wrestler is not coming out in the CMF line. Hopefully he makes it into a set then.

I guess it makes sense, if he escaped from the factory in Mexico.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Larry the Barista - easily my fav! Now to finish off series 11....
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited November 2013
    A few nice figs, loving the panda, but whats the deal with the 3 red eye silver face zombiebot's. I mean 3 in one series seems a little strange/lazy to me. Maybe they are key characters, but watching the trailers they had heaps of characters to draw from.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    CCC said:

I guess it looks like the wrestler is not coming out in the CMF line. Hopefully he makes it into a set then.

I guess it makes sense, if he escaped from the factory in Mexico.

He could still be in a future line. Series 14 is still supposed to be based off of the MMORPG and the future of CMF's past that point is still unknown.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    Lego, Now show us The Simpsons minifigures :)
    margotHarryPotterLoversandtherapy
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited November 2013
    Those 2 western theme drones / robots (the one with dynamite and one with musket) will look sweet on my #79108 Stagecoach Escape. Now, where can I find robotic looking horses ?

Plus, Panda suit guy and sombrero guy look great
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Why is Emmet the only one with no 'white spots' in his eyes?
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633

My guess would be because he is the "Chosen One" ?

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    The panda is the only one I like.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    Wow. They are pretty bad from my book. There are a couple my girls will want.... For my son, there will only be the panda, and yah. I am sure everything I have any interest in will be 2/box. I will be getting just the 4.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,174
    Much better than I expected... Lego realized that you can't have enough zombies.
    margot
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited November 2013
    tmgm528 said:

Really no one has mentioned the Octan mug?! Its the best piece!

I noticed that too, guy looks like he is caffeinated. I like the zombies, or I guess those are drones.. Wonder if that is an homage to Westworld or something if they are robots. Not sure, but a lot of the great figures again.
    Love the sombrero guy with the chip tray.
    I was hoping to avoid the series 12 and save some bucks, but that does not look like it is going to happen.

Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    tamamahm said:

Wow. They are pretty bad from my book. There are a couple my girls will want.... For my son, there will only be the panda, and yah. I am sure everything I have any interest in will be 2/box. I will be getting just the 4.

Only the Panda?

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    vwong19 said:

Much better than I expected... Lego realized that you can't have enough zombies.

Aren't those guys President Business's robots?

I just realised the yellow flesh printing on the mermaid goes quite far south compared to previous mermaid / neptune parts in the CMF line. I know the licensed ones have a little bit of flesh printing on the tail-piece.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2013
    Lots of real gems here - big thumbs up for Abe, Calamity Drone and Panda Guy.
    Only a couple thumbs down I can see: 1) not actually using cheese slopes with the taco guy and 2) Not using proper colors for the Octan cup

So, is Wild West Wyldstyle the sexiest minifig ever?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    edited November 2013
    Is it just me, or do the Calamity Drone and female "zombie" have nearly the same head?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^ same facial expression but it looks like Calamity has straps for the hat and the other looks like it might have a headset phone mic or something painted on. Think she might be a receptionist.
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Well I love all of these as do my boys, cannot wait until they hit the shops :)
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257

Homage to classic Legoman feature?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,450
    tensor said:

So, is Wild West Wyldstyle the sexiest minifig ever?

Yes.
    jasor
  • TncatsfanTncatsfan Member Posts: 92
    I'll get seven out of the sixteen. I'm not a completionist, good thing. Not a fan of the bots or drones, whatever they are with the zombie, but not quite Zombie faces.
  • Lego2012Lego2012 Member Posts: 60
    Panda is a must, but probably won't get many of the others.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2013
    What is with the confusion? They are bots. You guys have seen the trailers right?

Not to mention the fact that each either has "bot" or "drone" in their names.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Looks like a great series! I swore I was going to cut back on my LEGO spending in 2014. Yeah right......
    Drmnez
  • UmbratinkerUmbratinker Member Posts: 16
    the minifigures in this series are great! was hoping lego leonardo da vinci was gonna be in here.

does anyone know if he will be in one of the sets?
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    tensor said:

What is with the confusion? They are bots. You guys have seen the trailers right?

Not to mention the fact that each either has "bot" or "drone" in their names.

Booo. Now I know they're bots this series is of no interest to me. No army builders, nothing too unique, just recoloring. I don't see any new accessories. A few new hair pieces, but that's it. Panda is the best one, which isn't saying much.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    The CMFs ended with Series 11 AFAIC, I won't be collecting too many of these (although I usually reserve judgement until actual photos are released). This is a series for parts rather than figures.
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    Not bad, but not good. Larry the Barista is the best. Too many specific characters and repeats. Not enough unique original minfigs, weakest CMF yet.
    yys4u