Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Los Angeles

I have been reading here and there for a while and finally decided to join the forum. I became involved with Lego since my son was diagnosed with deficiency in fine motor skills, around 4 years old. Instead of paying for therapy we decided to pay for different play activities that would help him with fine motor skills.
He was attracted to Lego (duplo) so we encouraged him to spend time playing with Lego. When turned 5 he built his first Lego City set. It took him 3 hours straight but he did it and we were impressed.

All along I love spending time building Lego (never had a set when i was kid) and I'm becoming more interested in all Lego aspects; we visit Legoland at least once a month and we've been pass holders for the last 2 years.
So far we have many of the Lego City sets, books, games and we are slowly migrating to Creator Chima and Star Wars. We have a new Lego store within walking distance and i am not sure yet whether that's good or bad :)

Once a week, for almost 2 hours my son participates in a Play Well TEK program where kids are encouraged to build, solve problems, learn through play and i wish i could join in too :)

carlqBrickDancerkhmellymelBumblepantsLegobutterfly

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Welcome aboard @applejuice! We got quite a few SoCal people on here, such as myself from the Redondo Beach area, so you're in good company. I hope you find your time here to be enjoyable and beneficial. Lots of helpful folks abound, so don't hesitate to ask questions.
  • applejuiceapplejuice Member Posts: 12
    Thank you BrickDancer.
    I was wondering if you might know of any place to get information about local Lego events such the one at Skirball few weeks ago ( Lego Day - Spend the day at Skirball celebrating the colorful construction bricks in conjunction with the exhibition Global Citizen: The Architecture of Moshe Safdie and the publication of Lego Playbook Ideas to Bring Your Bricks to Life ).
    We attended this one and it was great fun.
    Do local events like this get posted on the forum at all?