Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO VIP Black Friday Early Shopping Pass

Comments

• Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    ^How do you find out this lifetime point bit? That seems to affect the invites.
    It is online on your VIP account in the history tab.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,172
    I'm fairly certain much of this is random as I'm sure I have a large amount of VIP points in my history, and also had received invites, but it stopped two years ago even though I was still buying a lot of product. I also thought it was tied to the store you frequesnt, but that theory was ruined when I think someone posted they got an invite to a store they never went to. So i think if you could find out definitively how they select people you will get a star.

davetheoxygenman
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    Ma1234 said:
    ^How do you find out this lifetime point bit? That seems to affect the invites.
    It is online on your VIP account in the history tab.
    Thanks for the info!

Maybe they have an advanced magic eight ball.
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 281
    Has anyone ever seen one of these in Canada?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,013
    Ma1234 said:
    @monkeyhanger- I received an invitation for the MetroCentre store in the UK yesterday.
    Looks like i'll not be getting one this year if I haven't got mine yet. Last few purchases i've made, I haven't had a prompt to fill a survey in - I think my VIP email address is tied to my old works email address, and I was made redundant in June.

I'm sure the key to getting those invites is filling in those surveys after every visit.

I received an invite and have never filled out a store survey.
    Different stores maybe have different selection criteria? Definitely seems as though [email protected] has no input - never got an invite before I was within 20 miles of a store, when the Metrocentre branch opened. Since then i've had an invite to every event and always gave a glowing visit review by the email sent after every in-store purchase, until I changed jobs in June. I've bought a few bits since then (TBBF Ideas set, some Lego Disney stuff for my nieces). Seems to me that for my branch filling out those surveys are key. For other branches it might be a random act of pulling names/VIP numbers  from a hat.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    I got an invite to the Northbrook store in Illinois, I live in Minnesota. Called my local store and found out I am on their list. Never been invited before so I'll go check it out. I will have to wake up at 7am on a Saturday to get there on time so I hope it's worth it.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2015
    You posted that, especially the "I hope it's worth it" part, so I'm assuming that means you're open to suggestions.  I think you might consider better ways to spend your early time that day.  Just being pragmatic here.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    ^I'd be spending that time trying to sleep in while my kids try to wake me up. I guess I should have said I hope they happen to have a good deal(that I'm interested in). I think it will be worth the time because I just realized I'll be able to fill a pick-a-brick while the Mall is quiet. The Mall Of America shop has an open ceiling and is right next to the amusement park so the noise in there can be a real drag. I'm guessing the other people there that morning won't be running around and screaming...
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    Tkatt I can relate. When I try to sleep a little more on weekends my 3 year old wakes me up by prying my eyes open with his little fingers. The mall can be a pretty enjoyable place before it opens. When I take my boys to LEGO club in the morning, the dunkin donuts inside the mall opens early so at least I can get coffee and it's pretty quiet. 

You may have one of these floating around in your email. I received this but I actually live closer to the store on my mailed invite than the one listed in the email. 

I got an email today that I was invited to the wrong store. Works out for me because the store I am actually invited to is closer; although the store where the mailing invited to me is where I do more spending. 
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,021
    I received an invite today.  The name on the envelope was wrong but my address was correct.  I called the store listed and confirmed that they had my name on their list. The rep stated there's been many issues with the invites.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Wow...these things have really been going down hill!

I've been invited since they started doing this; however, I think I'll be skipping this year if I get an invite. The only thing I'm interested in is the Gingerbread House, and I can save time and gas money by just purchasing one on eBay.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    I received an invite too and it had the wrong name and store on it. Called the store and they confirmed that I am on the list. Mail Merge must be a new concept to them.
    Oh and yeah, my name was wrong on the envelope too!
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    My friend got an invite, but can't go. He is going to try to RSVP and list me as his guest! I hope that works OK.
  • sunshine6100sunshine6100 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone ever seen one of these in Canada?
    I got one
    First time
    Super excited; but also keeping my expectations low
  • Prin12sPrin12s OklahomaMember Posts: 47
    I was telling my sis in law all about how I've been bending over backwards trying to get an invite (I'm Super active at the store, club meetings with my kids, events, mini builds, etc. and she isn't) and she said "oh yeah, that shopping thing. I got the invite yesterday"
    what?!?!?!!!
    I told her I'm her guest if I don't wrangle an invite. Period. No choice. My brother can deal. 
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    I can't remember if I was invited last year or not. I attended an event in the past 12 months, but do not think it was for Black Friday. Regardless I have yet to receive an invite for this event. I would think it would have come in by now.
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 119
    Can you get the same deals online that day? I don't live anywhere close to a lego store. 
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @ISDAvenger You were there last year.

kiki180703
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Prin12s said:
    I was telling my sis in law all about how I've been bending over backwards trying to get an invite (I'm Super active at the store, club meetings with my kids, events, mini builds, etc. and she isn't) and she said "oh yeah, that shopping thing. I got the invite yesterday"
    what?!?!?!!!
    I told her I'm her guest if I don't wrangle an invite. Period. No choice. My brother can deal. 
    for several years, the invites always went to the ~25 people who spend the most money in each, minus any that the manager removed and plus any that the manager added.

the last 2 years, it's been something completely different, but not sure what the algorithm is, or if it's just random
    Prin12s
    So I was talking to customer service (ordering replacement instruction books) and I brought up the VIP event and they seemed shocked I didn't have an invite.  Next day got a call from the customer service guy saying he called my store to look into it (how nice is that?) and they had one for me set aside already and they just hadn't gotten it to me!  Yay!!!!!
    I don't know about every store, but apparently mine goes by participation in store events like Lego Club and the mini builds.  Thus them having my invite waiting for me. 
    I'm off to pick up my invite now....
    This is certainly a switch from past years when most everyone was saying how they didn't get an invite.
    edited November 2015
    Can you get the same deals online that day? I don't live anywhere close to a lego store. 
    It depends. If you are a VIP you can get many of the same offers on [email protected] I believe, but sometimes the stores have a special gift that the online site does not provide, but that sounds like it is up in the air this year. Same as if they will do double points both in store and online as it seems like the manager by me is not certain (and it sounds like she has been asked A LOT)

Prin12s said:
    So I was talking to customer service (ordering replacement instruction books) and I brought up the VIP event and they seemed shocked I didn't have an invite.  Next day got a call from the customer service guy saying he called my store to look into it (how nice is that?) and they had one for me set aside already and they just hadn't gotten it to me!  Yay!!!!!
    I don't know about every store, but apparently mine goes by participation in store events like Lego Club and the mini builds.  Thus them having my invite waiting for me. 
    I'm off to pick up my invite now....

Actually the invitations are sent out to those to are invited by LEGO via snail mail, they are not sitting at the store awaiting pickup. Likely what occurred is the CS guy called the local store, asked if they have any spare invites/slots for the event and they did.
    In any case it is nice for CS to do that for you.

Infinityman
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    This is certainly a switch from past years when most everyone was saying how they didn't get an invite.
    Yes, my first invite ever.
    Actually the invitations are sent out to those to are invited by LEGO via snail mail, they are not sitting at the store awaiting pickup. Likely what occurred is the CS guy called the local store, asked if they have any spare invites/slots for the event and they did. 
    In any case it is nice for CS to do that for you.

Sorry, I should have specified that the ones the manager gets to choose, he said he had a few to send out when I went by to get the invite.  
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    Has anyone confirmed whether we will be getting X2 VIP points on the 21st?  [email protected] or in store?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ I was at the Lego store yesterday and was told double VIP and the Gingerbread House on the 21st. With or without an invite. 
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,051
    ^ So is it valid on [email protected] too?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ I have no idea.
    ^ok
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    edited November 2015
    I went to the LEGO store I frequent and asked (who could be the manager since she mentioned her "list") about how people get invited to the early vip access event and she said "I'm not to sure how it works. Some of the people on my list are just people that come here a lot and they haven't bought a lot of stuff" since I mentioned life time points and all that. Not sure how she kept track of all of those other than club meetings if that's even true, or perhaps it's the monthly build thing.
    Typically the pre BF offers are also available online if you are a VIP. However, not all items offered as gifts at the store be offered online. For example, I have heard the Christmas tree ornament will be offered as well in store on Saturday, if it will be provided, Im not sure if that will be online on that day. Also the will likely provide the calendar again this year, but not sure if you will see those online on that Saturday. Double points was rumored but my store manager did not know for certain.

• SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I got an invite in my email but not an actual paper invite.

My local store (King of Prussia) told me I was on the list and that showing them the email invite would suffice.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515

^I got the email first.  The paper invite showed up a few days later.  Addressed to my first name and address, but someone else's last name. 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    It's cool to feel special getting an invite, but these have gone down hill fast, so temper your expectations :)
    Okay, since everyone says they have gone downhill can anyone tell me what to expect?
    edited November 2015
    You will likely get the chance and getting the gingerbread house mini scale model (99 or over purchase I think) I believe you will also have a chance to get the Christmas tree ornament which is the December special if I am not mistaken (I think 75 or over gets you that) as well as the calendar (which I think is 75 or over and has coupons for free stuff that will now last 3 months each coupon (instead of last year where it each coupon was only good for 1 month each). Now, I know last year they were giving out gift bags to those that showed up and they had varying products in them depending on the store, so last season I got a little train ornament and a Reindeer set I think. So it is possible they just give out a free gingerbread house, ornament and calendar for those just attending (and not have to pay to get them) but it is LEGO so who knows if anything will be given away this season at the stores. The other rumor is 2X VIP points for purchases made at store or online that day for VIPs.
    The difference also between previous years and the recent pre events was items that were on sale for BF would be found on sale for the event. Now, previous years had some great deals, these past couple, not so much.

TheLoneTensor
    edited November 2015
    I say expect exactly what's on your invite.  Don't expect much when it comes to discounts (10%), and certainly don't expect them on sets you'd actually want.  Likely it'll be the same as if you stayed at home and bought online.  That being said, there is a certain magic to being in the store, so that's kinda fun, especially if it's your first time.  Also, depending on the store, they may have some sets, t-shirts, keychains or other trinkets to give away with spot-games like speed builds or trivia, etc.

But then again, who knows.  It's true these have gone downhill in the last couple years, but that means that it could easily turn around if Lego chooses a return to form.  We can always hold out hope that this might be the year where scratch cards and PAB boxes and good discounts make their glorious return.
    madforLEGO
    Yeah, I go because there is the unknown of what to expect at the physical store. But I think one purchase of a 99.99 USD set gets you all three promos and possibly double points. The calendars were also not as a bonus online until I think January so again not spectacular, but it is a 'special event' before the other mall shops really start to open and my brother is driving this year, which helps.
    Wait, which three promos again?
    edited November 2015
    The Calendar with coupons (I believe 75 or over purchase)
    The Christmas tree ornament (50 or over)
    The Gingerbread house (for purchases over 99)
    From what the folks said at the LEGO store I think all three appear to be available during the Pre BF event at the store, even though the tree is available in December I believe (I do hope the ornament is available though)
    I kinda hope they are given away for free to those who received the invite, but not holding my breath.

TheLoneTensor
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    l didn't get an invite. So can l still get this stuff if l show up after the first hour?
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I'm not really expecting anything for free honestly.
    edited November 2015
    leetshoe said:
    l didn't get an invite. So can l still get this stuff if l show up after the first hour?
    Typically? No. Any pre BF event promos online though I think last all day
    You can though go to the store before Saturday and ask if they can add you to the list of attendees for Saturday.
    It appears the official notice has gone out. They are saying the Double points is available, as well as the Calendar and Gingerbread house, but sadly no mention of the Christmas Tree ornament
    @madforLEGO Where did you see it?
    It was on Toysnbricks.com
    kiki180703
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 585
    edited November 2015
    stores.lego.com says:

STORE NEWS

VIP Members Only

Get your holiday shopping done early! These offers are available exclusively to LEGO VIP Members on November 21:

Double VIP Points on all purchases--one day only!

FREE Limited Edition Gingerbread House with purchases of $99 or more--before it's available to anyone else!

FREE Exclusive 2016 LEGO Wall Calendar with purchases of $75 or more--only at the LEGO Store!

• madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282

Just got this in my email