Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO VIP Black Friday Early Shopping Pass

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @Farmer_John Absolutely, say hi to everyone for me.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Anybody made it there and can post deals if any. I know it is a little early but i figure I would try
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Ticket at the door good for minimum of a keychain, up to a 250 spree. Also PAB box at the door. Triple points, PAB per 75 spent, and holiday set. Also lego hobbit poster on checkout. I made out like a boss. Special thanks to manager April at Annapolis Mall for adding me to the list last minute!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, got the pull card with a free 16.99 set, used it for a street baseplate (the 4 way intersection and straight) set, that will be toward my gifts for my nephews.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Keep it coming people. The rest of us can live vicariously today! ;)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Interesting re the pull cards. No sign of those in the UK.
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    Same in Canada, 3xPoints, Hobbit poster, Pull card (16.99 set for me), PAB box, bracelet. Bought $99, got christmas set & second PAB. Wouldn't let me get a second Christmas set, so 2 [email protected] orders.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    The pull cards I would guess were just for the people who were invited right?
    No my guess got one, which was my wife so I got two 16.99 cards, two bracelets, two pab boxes ( three if you count the one they gave me at purchase) and we each got a Christmas set at purchase. I made her buy something so I would get two Christmas sets.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Hubby got the $16.99 set and I got a keychain. Was happy with the items on the PAB wall! Was nice to see a couple of friends, meet @goldfreek and see the employees we know as we seldom get to the store these days. Got triple VIP points on one purchase but manager is going to fix a receipt that only rung up straight points. Overall an enjoyable time.
  • jhuntin1jhuntin1 Indiana, USAMember Posts: 52
    I brought my 5-year old son with me as my guest, and the store manager said that she wasn't allowed to give the pull cards to kids. I of course got the keychain one.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    My 4yo son was my "guest", and an employee must have thought we were going to make two separate purchases and told us that my son would have to pay in cash because he was too young to use a credit card... My son was excited just because there were red gems in the PAB wall. The manager gave my son a free t-shirt from the back of the store, which was very nice!
    The store did not have any Decorating the Tree #40058 in stock (surprisingly--Christmas is coming!), so I had to do a shop-n-ship and was told I would not get triple points... so of course later in the day, I received the email saying VIPs would get triple points for orders online today only.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    I went to the South Coast store this morning (@kwkw don't think I saw you there). The manager pointed out that a bunch of sets were on sale just for the event. None interested me that much so I did not try to take a photo or notes, but I think the Orc Forge and Quinjet were 20% off. There were some other City sets as well in the bunch as well, oh and all Chima speedorz were 50% off :). I'm guessing these will be on sale again on BF, possibly to clear out inventory. Did anyone see anything similar at other stores?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    I didn't notice Orc Forge being on sale. The only sale items I saw were Chima and the Golbin King.

The $16.99 thing can only be used to purchase one item under that price only. I tried to buy a bigger set but was denied :/

The only thing I purchased was the Winter Cottage given 3x points is the best offer and it "might" be going EOL. Only one Christmas set can be given out so I just bought one set.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2013
    hmmm, Lego shut down their customer service line early today. That seems odd especially for today. Tried to call at about 5:45 and they are supposed to be open until 6.
    (oops-meant this for the [email protected] thread )
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @margot I think they did it because of the number of calls. I had to hold for about 30 minutes after trying four times and getting an 'all circuits are busy' message. The rep I talked to said they were slammed with calls. So they probably shut down to take the calls already holding.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited November 2013
    Brought my son with me. Both of us got the $16.99 pull tabs, free POB boxes, one POB box for after Christmas, bracelets, and LotR posters. My son spent the entire time filling the two POB boxes. I also purchased the TGV train set and other assorted smaller sets, so I also got the triple VIP points and the free tree truck set.

Thanks to Charlie and Brenda (and Donnell) at the Nashville store!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Sorry if it seems heavy-handed, but I had to remove the affiliate talk because it directly conflicts with how Brickset is able to keep the lights on.
    Let me use the 16.99 like a coupon they said I could use it on anything and pay the difference.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    My Wife and I both got the 16.99 set cards at the San Diego store this morning.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    rocao said:

Sorry if it seems heavy-handed, but I had to remove the affiliate talk because it directly conflicts with how Brickset is able to keep the lights on.

Have you guys considered having a funding drive? Like Wikipedia does, offer people once a year the chance to buy in... Maybe $5-25? If you donate $15 to fund the site, you get a special *donor* tag on your image or something (like the admin, but saying donor).

Just an idea...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Here's the poster they were giving out at the event:

Dougoutcardgenius
    ^ I'm guessing it's the same poster they will be giving out in December for The Hobbit set purchases.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,144
    ^ Yes. That is what I was told.
    ^ However, I've been told, the poster given out in December will be on thinner paper and folded up - like most other poster giveaways. I'm no poster connoisseur, but the one given out at the VIP event is indeed a quality poster. It'll be on the wall as soon as I can finish off my LEGO room. Hopefully we'll see a Super Heroes one next year.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Did I notice numbers on the back of the posters given out Saturday? Limited to 3000 was it?
    I do want to commend the Indianapolis store, manager, and staff for a great VIP event. The pick-a-brick wall was filled with goodies, like 1x1 bley round tiles, 2x2 bley tiles, 1x2 trans light blue tiles, 1x2 dark red bricks, 1x2 tan plates, 2x12 bley plates, and a variety of pink/purple elements. New Ninjago, Hobbit, Creator, and City sets were on the shelves. And damaged box sets were brought out and sold at discount (quickly snapped up by the VIP shoppers). I was able to pick up a few good sets for the children's hospital donation our LUG is doing.
    jasor
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    The poster is really nice. The paper they used is thick and sturdy, not the thin and flimsy paper they typically use. Definitely worthy of getting framed. I hope they do one for the supposed 3rd wave of LOTR sets. Our store manager was even nice enough to ask if you wanted it rolled up or just left flat.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^ @cardgenius said: Our store manager was even nice enough to ask if you wanted it rolled up or just left flat.

Now that is customer service!
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    ^^ we had it the same way at the San Diego store.
    Angel_C
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I just wish my LEGO store wasn't so far away....an hour drive one way.
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    ^ditto, mine is over 3 hrs one way.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    ^^ only an hour a way?? Mine is 1.5 hour away and I am there about every 10 days
    SirKevbags
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Has anyone received a pre-black Friday VIP invitation yet? I just wanted to see if they've started going out yet. Thanks...
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252

Anyone get one of these invites for the Tigard, OR store?

I haven't but that would be great. Never being to the Lego store there I probably won't get one. And Unfortunately the drive to Tigard is about 3 hrs. from where I live.
    No, but what I have heard it is only 2x VIP points this year, but they are supposed to have some nice giveaways, but they would not say what those are going to be.
    I was told by a store employee that they would be mailed out on the 6th
    ^Thanks @doublebrick!

I was told by a store employee that they would be mailed out on the 6th

Is that October 6th or November 6th? Thanks in advance...
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Hoping to get one this year now that I'm in range of LEGO stores.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Does anyone know how they decide who gets one? I've been to my closest Lego store a few times, and I'm planning to go tomorrow and make a possibly big purchase, if that helps.
    ^I think it does help to visit frequency, get to know the store manager, and of course spend some dough. There were only perhaps a dozen customers at our pre-BF invitational last year, so I think it's very selective.
    @Farmer_John‌ October 6th sorry. He said if I didnt get one call him and check in like a week, he was there last year when I was there. I ask him if he knew who was on the list he said no.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,003
    The Nov. calendar says VIP visit on 22nd so it appears at least that is open to any and all VIP members. Will the mailer invite offer anything beyond that to elite VIPs? Only time I got a personal invite was when I lived in Africa.

The Nov. calendar says VIP visit on 22nd so it appears at least that is open to any and all VIP members. Will the mailer invite offer anything beyond that to elite VIPs? Only time I got a personal invite was when I lived in Africa.

As usual, there is no rhyme or reason to how they are determined, everyone has their own theories, but someone is always there to put holes in that logic provided, so just cross your fingers and hope you get an invite is what I say.
    TheLoneTensor
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617

The special event is just to get in an hour before the store opens so you can load up without a crowd. They do try to do some fun stuff but it seems a little different each year. Last year was the scratch/pull cards for BF plus a pick a brick box plus a lanyard. I expect this year will be different.

• juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452

^I think it does help to visit frequency, get to know the store manager, and of course spend some dough. There were only perhaps a dozen customers at our pre-BF invitational last year, so I think it's very selective.

I did all those things in 2013 and got no invitation, but my girlfriend, who bought just one set all year, got an invitation. Go figure. And don't get your hopes up over things that, in the big picture, don't really matter very much.
    DadsAFOL said:

The special event is just to get in an hour before the store opens so you can load up without a crowd. They do try to do some fun stuff but it seems a little different each year. Last year was the scratch/pull cards for BF plus a pick a brick box plus a lanyard. I expect this year will be different.

Considering the Boxes are no more yes it will be different. From what I have heard there will be some nice giveaways, but that is according to the store manager.
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    Sounds like I need to ask the store manager, I didn't know they did this.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    So asked the employee at my local store if she knew anything about the event, and she said no such event existed at our store. -_- Is it really something only certain locations offer?