Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Halloween display help!

koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
Party starts in 6 hours. Got busy at work and didn't have time to do this properly. Any suggested changes?
(And yes, there's one Cobi product in there--so sue me...)

Comments

• LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Maybe put the graveyard off to the side of the HH instead of front/center. More natural. Bring everything in closer to have less empty space. If possible, get some moss and dried leaves- break the leaves up a bit to make them to scale. This will soften the hardscape and add a bit of outdoorsiness to the display, (unless you're a purist, in which case please forgive me). If you have extra trees, you might want to add a few more also. You have lots to work with. If you make changes, please post for us. Good luck.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    First, I love all your items. I never considered AA, but it goes well with a Halloween display.

I would close HH. I think for a display it always looks very cool closed. For ours, I got a set of mini orange LED lights at Target. I stuff the lights in HH, and move the battery pack right behind it, so I can turn it on/off. If you are looking for an 'evening' display, the lights make it pretty cool.

I sometimes go with a less is more mentality. Perhaps cut down the cemetary a bit, and cluster it a bit more.

I say play around with it a bit. Try both and see what you like.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^ @tamamahm- yes, orange lights in the HH. Good suggestion.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    I moved the graveyard to be more centralized in front of AA and further from HH and the castle. I also rearranged a few other things and added some electric tea lights in HH to give it a nice glow. The only thing I ran out of time for was the crinkled leaves idea (which I think is great). I think I'll do that next year.

No pics of the revised version because my 3 1/2 year old got to the display the morning after the party, so it is no more...

Thanks for the comments everyone!
    evantyler
  • kclebakkclebak Member Posts: 9
    This was my attempt at a Halloween display complete with LED lights.
    GigglebyteBrickDancerevantylersweetness34FenrisAkashirichlHarryPotterLovervitreolumjasor
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I like the graveyard. Unfortunately my energy seldom matches up with my enthusiasm. I need to borrow Santa's elves!
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    That is fantastic, kclebak--thanks for sharing!!!