Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bertie's Big Adventure (US and for kids only)

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited October 2013 in Everything else LEGO
Legoland Discovery Place, in Chicago, is holding a contest to win a Bertie minifig. Must be willing to photograph and share photos of Bertie traveling. Diluting our own chances to win one but wth.... :-)

http://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/chicago/misc/berties-big-adventure.aspx

Comments

• dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Thanks, just submitted.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 817
    Thanks Margot!
    Just another example of how you share with the community (even to your own possible detriment in this case!).
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Another 'heads up' from @margot. Thanks. Just entered. Flat Stanley- Lego Style!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Good luck!
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    We got a Bertie for our house...my daughters are excited.
    LegoMom1
    Excellent! I know today was the earliest you could receive one. We are waiting to see whether we get one!
    He's in an envelope (I think my wife opened it) and taped to a postcard with instructions on where to send the pictures and how to tag them. Also there will be monthly contests for most creative pictures. Can't wait to get him started on his adventures.
    margot
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    edited November 2013
    @dannyrww Did you get any notice before he arrived, or did he just show up in the mail?
    ^They are just showing up, there is no notification.
    Nope he just came in the mail. We already posted a pic on the Lego discovery Center Chicago facebook page...no one else seems to have posted anything else yet.
    Actually there are a few other people who got them in some of the other facebook posts there.
    @dannyrww- You are one of only 250. Congrats! You must have had some great adventures planned. What did you say that you think put you in the winners group?
    Not sure if it was anything in particular I said...we just mentioned taking him to malls and local attractions here in Milwaukee. But it may have been how I said it. I've learned in a contest along those lines it is important to be somewhat lengthy and descriptive. Also I've written lengthy positive reviews in the past on their facebook page, as well as won one of their contests for tickets in the past so it may have been things along those lines that may have contributed to me getting one. Location might have played into it as we are not too far from Chicago. At any rate my girls are excited to have Bertie and we probably will take pictures of Bertie doing anything and everything we can think of as we have no major trips planned. We'll find the fun in our every day lives. :)
    margot
    We got our Bertie today! Plain Manila envelope, no return address.
    LegoMom1dannyrww
    Congrats to you too @margot! Where did you say you would take him and what do you think put you in the winner's group?
    @LegoMom1, I felt like there wasn't a ton of interest or awareness about this on the FB page so I felt pretty confident. Our entry was really short, we said we would take Bertie to Churchill Downs and flying on the MD-11 with me. I also put a ton of likes and comments on the FB page.
    Did you enter? I'm sure you will have a Bertie heading your way.
    dannyrww
    I agree about the low interest...not saying a lot of people didn't enter...I just don't think a lot of us were openly commenting on facebook. I bet those of us who were active did a get a bit more of a guarantee :)
    ^ @margot- I entered and wrote a brief description of where we would take Bertie. I thought they would want it brief, and I also thought our destinations were good ones, but obviously not good enough. :( I also didn't think to go on the facebook page prior to the date when pics were to be posted. I guess you and @dannyrww had the right idea with showing a lot of interest. I think I probably wanted Bertie as much as you both did, but I didn't actively show it. My son and I would have enjoyed having a Bertie and I would really have enjoyed taking him on adventures, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. We are disappointed, but we will survive.

I am looking forward to yours and dannyrww's adventures. I know you will all be having great fun. Good luck.
    They still have 100 yet to be mailed out.
    ^Oh, here's hoping! I said we were disappointed but would survive, and of course we will if we don't get one, BUT... after seeing your hot cocoa welcome, (so cute), I want one now more than ever!!!
    Hope you get one....I wonder if location played into this at all...seems most of the ones who've posted in facebook are not too far from Chicago (Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin),
    Thanks @dannyrww. Nothing in the mailbox today, but maybe Monday(?). I really hope so. When I registered, it said they were also looking for locations outside their immediate area, so I really thought we had a chance, especially since I said we would take Bertie to New York City to visit Rockefeller Center and also go to the Rock Center Lego Store. I thought this would be quite the 'it' factor to put us in the winner's group. Anyway, I'm glad you and Margot won. I look forward to seeing the adventures your family and Margot's take the little guy on. (P.S. Saw your girls on facebook. They are adorable).
    dannyrww
    You will get one, I am confident. Not too late to suck up on FB btw. :-)
    edited November 2013
    I took your advice @margot, as you always seem to be right on top of all things Lego. Went to the FB page and did some liking and a bit of sucking up. I'm not good at sucking up though, and I felt guilty afterwards. I just felt uncomfortable and phony doing it, but I really would like that little Bertie, so I tried. We always go to NYC a number of times during the holidays, so Bertie would be seeing quite a few sights. We also have 2 concerts at Madison Square Garden next month, so I think we would have some cool pics to post. Fingers crossed.

I hope you and your son are having fun with your Bertie. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.
    dannyrww
    edited November 2013
    ^I gave you a plug. :-) Your desire to get a Bertie is what makes your "sucking up" not phony at all but quite genuine. He should go to a huge fan like you. Or I guess I should say that he should go to your kids, right? wink wink...
    LegoMom1 said:

I took your advice @margot, as you always seem to be right on top of all things Lego. Went to the FB page and did some liking and a bit of sucking up. I'm not good at sucking up though, and I felt guilty afterwards. I just felt uncomfortable and phony doing it,

Don't feel bad...you are just showing your enthusiasm...I do hope you get one...because I only thinking something like this will be fun if the people doing it are ones who are enthusiastic about it.

margot
    Hah! Bertie just arrived! I guess my original entry adventures were good enough to put me in the winner's group from the start as he was mailed out on the 14th. :) But still, many thanks to @margot and @dannyrww for the plugs, comments and likes. Also for the positive thoughts here. Now I have to have my son teach me how to send the photos to the FB page. (My lack of technology skills is shameful.)
    margotdannyrwwLostInTranslation
    I KNEW IT!
    LegoMom1
    Congrats...looking forward to seeing what you have planned for his adventures.
    LegoMom1
    I'm so looking forward to this. My son's school never did Flat Stanley and I often saw others doing it and felt like we were missing out. Now we can join in on the fun- Lego style!
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    Bertie landed at our house today as well! Soon we'll be heading to Brookfield Zoo to play a game of "Would that eat Bertie?"
    margotdannyrww
  • Kene1023Kene1023 Member Posts: 14
    My son's Bertie arrived here in Florida 2/27/2014, too late for Beijing, but looks like San Diego in March, Bourbon, IN. in April and Cape Canaveral, this Summer. And of course Legoland Florida.
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    Does anyone know if there are any unique parts to the Bertie minifig or can I bricklink this figure?
    Good question. I'm not sure if he is a unique figure or a hodge podge of different parts made to look like the Bertie mascot. Honestly I bet you could find the parts if that is true but perhaps not on one figure.