Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Walgreens Lego endcap - no sale just heads up

Had a yellow cardboard Lego sign on top and around the sides right in the middle of the store. All sets were of the $19.99 or less variety. Most prices RRP except Krang set was $16.99 instead of $12.99.

Lego has been steadily creeping into America's corner drugstore. Soon to be available only with a prescription. :)

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I have a friend in Arizona that said she bought series 11 cmf's at Walgreens
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    Actually Walgreens had been selling Lego toys for awhile. At least, I noticed it since they carried Hero Factory Series 1. Occasionally I get such items at 50-70% off during post-Xmas clearance. However, since the inventory is slim to begin with, it's a lot harder to score the good deals than say Walmart.
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    Thanos75 said:

I have a friend in Arizona that said she bought series 11 cmf's at Walgreens

Also, the media store chain Newbury Comics had series 11 CMF bins at the checkout counter, last time I was there.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,582
    I have a relative that works for Walgreens and gets me cmf's for a dollar. If I ask nice they will even feel them for me so I get what I want.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    I like to play a game called "Find the Lego item" when the wife wants to go shopping. You'll find Lego in soooo many different stores. Even if it's a sticker or pencil sharpener, I can usually find something.
    kylejohnson11CapnRex101
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    They've had CMFs for awhile now and just the one Krang set in the toy aisle before this. I don't count the Hero Factory stuff. :)
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    I found 2 unopened boxes of Series 10 CMFs at my local WG...not a Mr Gold in either...
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Just noticed this week as well. They were lucky to have a single item or two in the past, but this was a full on endcap, as mentioned.
    I even took a picture being so shocked. :p
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Thanks for getting a pic!
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    prevere said:

I like to play a game called "Find the Lego item" when the wife wants to go shopping. You'll find Lego in soooo many different stores. Even if it's a sticker or pencil sharpener, I can usually find something.

I play that game also, and I recently found City sets at Publix stores in South Florida... it is nice to find Lego in unusual places.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    all I find at Publix are foods I want to eat, but my doctor tells me aren't healthy for me. Time to look a bit closer in those canned aisles.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    ^ check the Toys/Stationary section. I have seen 3 stores with Lego in this section already.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I was at Walgreens last night and noticed the end cap as well. Quite stocked with some small Star Wars and city coast guard sets. CMF as well. I think they are testing out the marketability there for last minute shoppers looking for something for that special kid...or adult. : )
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    ^Walgreens is a total Grandma play.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I finally saw this at my Walgreens, and the cmf's were completely picked over and abused.. obviously the hunt for Mr. Gold continues..