Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

By 2019, humans will be outnumbered

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,310
    We can always pull their heads off. And post videos of it on facebook.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    But, just as with humans, the Chinese-produced figures (CMFs etc!) will be the biggest population on the planet! Cue the one-minifig policy in order to keep the population under control.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    ^Sad: I can't tell if that's a jibe at governmental authoritarianism or recent LEGO policies.
    Bastatmgm528Jonn420thenos
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    ....Not if Skynet has anything to say about it.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    judging by the way minifigures seem to multiply on their own, it wouldn't surprise me.

Had to start separating boys from girls over here! Swear those things triple in numbers when not watched closely
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,706
    It was on Radio 2 last night as well.

It's a figure I find hard to believe especially with the introduction of the CMF lines since 2006 (when the 4 billion number was calculated).

I'd imagine the number of minifigs was now much higher.
    chromedigi
    Yeah. I somehow doubt it was a calculation, more like extrapolating two lines in a sketch.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    I like how Radio 2 reported it as 'a physics graudate from Massachusetts' to give it some gravitas (even though it was only in a light-hearted spot' - Randall Monroe is indeed an MIT graduate, but they rather seemed to neglect his position as 'webcartoonist'!
    andhe
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    They vastly outnumber us at my house, and that's without even trying.

I'm thinking, if the fellow behind XKCD (Randall Munroe) had found a way to include clone figs in his count, it's probably the case that the line has already been crossed... long ago. In fact, when you consider that about one out of every five people on the planet is Chinese, and that Enlighten, the market leader in China, has been in operation since 1963, it would hardly surprise me if the clone fig population well outstrips LEGO minifigs.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2013
    What about all the poor figures that are no longer with us. I mean, they all come back as wheelie bin lids but you can not count them can you?

klatu003Stvoyager04
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    edited October 2013
    Soylent Green plastic is made of...
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    If you rest the cursor on the image an extra line of text appears:

"TLG is already the world's largest tire manufacturer".

I'm sure I'd heard that before and had totally forgotten about it.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

"TLG is already the world's largest tire manufacturer".
    I'm sure I'd heard that before and had totally forgotten about it.

Don't know if you're being serious or not (my apologies). But isn't that 'fact' meant in a jokey 'on a technicality' sense, in that the statement refers to these things:

http://www.brickset.com/parts/search/?query=tyre
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,625
    ^ By the numbers, Lego is the world's largest tire manufacturer.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Yeah, that's a fact that's been a around for a while, so presumably they surpassed Dunlop/Pirelli/Bridgestone/those other weak and feeble humans quite some time ago. But once Lego get better at making little humans than humans themselves...well. That says it all, really, doesn't it?
    Borrowing from another thread, I wonder when the cross over would be if you don't count the ones not pieced together as they are still in sealed boxes. And add to those the 'dead' ones that never get played with.