Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

#7962 Anakin and Sebulba’s Podracers - FBTB review

LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
edited July 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Nice pictorial review of 7962 Anakin and Sebulba’s Podracers over on FBTB:
http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/24/review-7962-anakins-and-sebulbas-podracers/#more-8535
I really want to get it now, the minifigure upgrades of Sebulba and Watto look amazing, and the racers themselves look pretty neat too, especially with the trans-clear supports to make them look like they're hovering.

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ Agreed, definitely one of the better SW sets that's been released for a while.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,742
    Excellent review - well worth a look.

For me this is the best of the Summer 2011 Star Wars sets. Can't wait !
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^ Totally agree. Thought that a while back, when the pics were first available. Now I've learned to kerb my spending, I just need to decide whether it's this or the two current Winter models.
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    I got a look at the set on Saturday at Legoland Windsor and was tempted to get it. If I'd have seen this I'd have picked it up...
  • trypticontrypticon Member Posts: 61
    I'm liking Anakins new podracer more than his old one. On the other hand, I prefer Sebulba's old podracer to the new one.

The figures in the new set are all superior to the old set, however, ouside of there apparently not being a Padme or yet another Jar Jar Boinks present in this set.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    The figures in the new set are all superior to the old set, however, ouside of there apparently not being a Padme or yet another Jar Jar Boinks present in this set.
    They put Padme into the Sith Infiltrator set which is an improvement on that set. I mean, it's a ship barely seen at all that's used by the lamest character in the prequels and without something to make it enticing it wouldn't be worth the ramped up price.

Jar Jar is also available in another set as well and Lego is notorious in recent years about putting sufficient mini-figures into sets.
  • Agent_DebrisAgent_Debris Member Posts: 55
    Nice review and a nice set as well, certainly better than the last pod race set, for me the pod race was always one of the better Star Wars moments from any of the films, infact although the Phantom Menace was underwhelming at the time of its release it almost seems like a masterpiece compared to most of the summer movie dross we get now.
  • trypticontrypticon Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2011
    They put Padme into the Sith Infiltrator set which is an improvement on that set. I mean, it's a ship barely seen at all that's used by the lamest character in the prequels and without something to make it enticing it wouldn't be worth the ramped up price.

Jar Jar is also available in another set as well and Lego is notorious in recent years about putting sufficient mini-figures into sets.
    I hadn't seen the new sith infiltratrator, but I have seen the set that Jar Jar and the other Gungang dude is in, since it's been out for a while.

I don't know if you could call Darth Maul the lamest character when he did us the favor of offing Qui Gon, who was without a doubt the lamest Jedi ever introduced. I mean, the guy thought training was having some little kid sit in the cockpit of a ship to watch him leave the room.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited July 2011
    ...the guy thought training was having some little kid sit in the cockpit of a ship to watch him leave the room.
    Worked for my dog. :-D