Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Finding Out Which Kits

i have a lot of Lego bricks, but i am not sure what kits they belong to. can anyone help me to find out which kit the parts belong to so that i can rebuild them? i know a lot of them are aeroplanes, possibly space items, but not sure which kit so cant download any plans.

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Hi, your best bet is to go through what you have and try to identify parts that could possibly be unique to that set, or partially built sections and then post here:
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/513/master-thread-help-identifying-parts#latest
    People will then try to assist.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 687
    ^Great advice; it's amazing how the experts here can pinpoint a set based on two parts presented!

I recommend starting with any printed pieces, they are usually a little less common and found in fewer sets than other bricks. Any large parts (i.e. airplane wings, baseplates) are also good starting points. Stickered parts are also good starting points, but be careful as someone may have put the stickers on parts from another set.

If the bricks seem old, Peeron.com has an easy-to-use interface for searching for which parts belong to which sets, but bricklink.com will have a much more complete inventory of parts (especially from 2011 on). And of course if you have instruction manuals that's a good clue as well...