Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Back to the Future figs in Build a Minifigure stand

GeorgeGGeorgeG Member Posts: 7
edited October 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
The Brighton LEGO store's Build a Minifigure stand today featured all the printed pieces needed to construct both Marty and Doc from the DeLorean set (the heads and torsos). Unfortunately, the stand didn't contain the light blue legs for Marty or the Doc's white hair, but I'm not complaining for £3.50 as opposed to £35 for the entire set! I'm sure this will be good news for those who don't want to pay for the set just to obtain the figures, or most likely those who want to bulk buy Marty's and re-sell them online and make a nice little profit :P

Comments

• HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    So instead of having two exclusive minifigures to help sell the DeLorean, LEGO has decided that 1 exclusive hairpiece and 1 exclusive legs is enough. I don't understand what they are thinking. Are they trying to kill the collectibility of everything they sell?
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 296
    Could it have been that these came out of a set, and the parts were thrown into the Build A Minifigure stand?
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    My understanding has been that they can't sell licensed minifigures separately because their contracts are for building toys. Now that may vary from license to license. For instance Star Wars has a figure license with Hasbro so they don't want Lego selling just figures as it is competition. This was the explanation when I asked if we could buy some figures at a Lego Club Meeting (my daughter wanted the Black Widow she was playing with). Anyways I'm surprised to see this but I hope they do this at other Lego stores. I could see it hurting sales of the back to the future sets though.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,686
    That is why I like the Lego Stores!