Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

'Official' Lego shop at STEAM show

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I bought two sets (Camper Van and R2-D2) from the official Lego stand at the recent STEAM show.

I asked if I could use my VIP card but was told no, however if I took the reciept into a Lego Store before the end of the month I could get the points added to my account.

My nearest store is Cardiff (I'm in Bath) so before I travelled 'abroad' I thought I'd e-mail Lego to see if they could add the points as I have done a similar thing with them before.

However, they initally told me that the sets were not bought at a Lego brand store so they couldn't add the points. I then sent them a copy of the receipt but they are saying it should have a survey code on the bottom - which it doesn't.

Have I been stitched up by the guy on the stand?

Comments

• jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 233
    why dont you contact the manager of the store who was running it, I have a feeling its the Milton Keynes branch .. but could be wrong
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 376
    ^Not a lot to add, but it DEFINETLY was the Milton Keynes store! (all the staff tshirts said Milton Keynes!)
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    And likely your receipt says this too. I would give them a ring, usually helpful if you speak to them - I'm sure I've heard stories of getting the points added in the past, although things do seem in a state of flux regarding the generosity of "offers" at the moment!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    +1. I have exactly the same thing. Was planning to drive from Dorset to Shepherds Bush on Saturday to get my points credited. That's what the guy on the stand told me I could do. 380 points going begging.

I was not expecting Lego to be economical with the truth. Perhaps it is just a big corporation after all...
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    @yuffie - I was chatting a couple of days ago with some of the LEGO staff.

It became apparent to the staff that some of the sets taken from the 'official' store, were in fact not being purchased from the official store at all but instead were taken across to different shop within the hall and paid for there. Is it possible you might have fallen into that category?

I don't know how often this happened, but it definitely happened.

For those with 'official' receipts, they can be scanned in and sent to LEGO's customer services and the points can be added that way. that's what I've done in the past when they've not been added as promised. Give CS a call in the morning and they'll provide you with the email address.