Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Christmas baubles @lego Discovery Centre Manchester

jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 227
Having ordered the variety from the lego store I have now secured the following which are not available on line or at the Manchester Arnedale centre from the Discovery Centre at the Trafford Centre

#850843 the T rex

#850842 Friends Puppy

#840849 City Fire Engine

They are £7 each but you get 5% discount with your VIP card in the shop

good old mum on here way to get my stash

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,539
    Oooh, I want these so much! Anybody in the Manchester area want to pick me up 2 of each for cash/trade? Please :-)
    jon_k
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 227
    you better ask my mum.. she is on her way later :) , then delivering down to Somerset later in the week
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,539
    Lol. Might wait and see if I can get these at LLW actually.
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Oh man, I wish I had not seen this!
    I need a T-rex for the tree!!!

Why do we not get good stuff like this in Somerset?!

^ because most of the toy shops in Somerset are pants ..

mine have been acquired by mum and will be making the journey to the South West on Friday .. hurrah
    Legobutterfly
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,881
    ^Are these not available via [email protected]?
    not that i know of \
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    These particular baubles haven't been available via [email protected], at least not in the UK. The rest have been but now appear to be sold out.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    I definitely saw both the Friends and City Christmas baubles with the 'classic' and monochrome brick-filled baubles and a bunch of other Christmas stuff at Legoland Windsor, all at £7 each?, but that was a good 5 or 6 weeks ago, but no sign of the T-Rex bauble then (availability may have changed since!). Might be useful for you to know @LostInTranslation? ;-)

Anyone wanting to check, they were on the standalone shelving unit by the lifesize Lego Laval minifig, facing it.

I'd love to go and check again before the season is over, but work is getting in the way! :-(
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207
    These will probably to available from [email protected] very shortly. LDC sometimes gets these small sets/polys/keychains early.

Postage on these baubles will not be cheap due to their size. Cheapest option would probably be by Hermes if sending more than 1.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    The best deal is to buy the empty baubles which are £2.99 and you are allowed to fill each one either from the PAB wall or you can build a minifig to put inside - I of course filled mine with interesting PAB stuff then got home and put a Santa in one and the Christmas elf in the other they look fab
    Infinityman
    jon_k said:

Agreed!

jon_k said:

Agreed!
    The only decent toy shop is in Taunton , East Reach , he has a couple of older sets in stock
    ^ I might have to have a look there, thanks for the tip :)
    I have seen some of the toy shops in Taunton on the way too and from Musgrove Park and often wondered what they were like.

The toy master in Burnham On Sea is about the best I have found so far but even that is not great.

Most of my purchasing getting done online
    ^ will ask mum if she will pop back before she comes down, but cannot promise,
    Legobutterfly
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,881
    ^Amazon sells empty bubbles too.
    edited October 2013
    ^^ Oh bless you, thanks that is really kind of you to offer to ask your mum.

I would be very grateful but of course completely understand that it may not be possible.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 268
    According to my catalog, these aren't supposed to be released until November. Why is it always the Discovery Centers that often put out the seasonal sets well before they are to be released
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939

jon_k said:

Agreed!
    Watkin's Toys in Taunton is a wonderful place because it's run as a good, old-fashioned toyshop with Airfix models and racks and racks of paints to choose from...it does stock Lego, but I don't know whether it always has the latest stuff. And it's run by a lovely old-fashioned-toyshop sort of chap.
    jon_kLegobutterfly
    well the items arrived and took some pics.. there is a chance I can get some more sent down from Manchester, dependent on whats left in the discovery store

khmellymel
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^So cute.

jon_k said:

Agreed!
    Watkin's Toys in Taunton is a wonderful place because it's run as a good, old-fashioned toyshop with Airfix models and racks and racks of paints to choose from...it does stock Lego, but I don't know whether it always has the latest stuff. And it's run by a lovely old-fashioned-toyshop sort of chap.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I shall be sure to have a look in there next time I am over in Taunton :)
    plasmodium
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    They had the fire engine in Windsor along with the usual trees and reindeer ones. I didn't see the friends one but wasn't really looking. Also didn't see the red one whatever it's meant to be? A Dinosaur I presume?
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 268
    Are the parts inside glued?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    Was at Windsor yesterday picking some up. No Dinosaurs there, just the usual three available from [email protected], the Fire Truck and the Friends one. They were extremely limited on the Fire Truck (56 left at the time) but two hundred and something of the Friends ones.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ no not glued, you have to build them.

Kudos to anyone who can build them without opening the bauble.
    PhoneboothLegoMom1