Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Springtime Scene ~50% Off

binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
#40052 is about half off at [email protected]

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,582
    Got it. Thanks for the heads up!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Ordered a few. Thanks for the tip!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Me too! Very nice little set.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Thanks for the heads up. No limit of 5 per order either, buy 20 of them and get free shipping...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    Missed out on the summer scene on sale -sold out now
    ^ That's ok, it wasn't very interesting anyway. Yes, LFT, I did buy 20 to get free shipping.
    Of course, everyone and their brother probably bought 20 of them, so what I'll probably do with mine is give them out in my son's birthday bags in 2 weeks when he turns 8, assuming I have them in time.
    murphquake
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    Available again. Thanks for the heads up.
    murphquake
    I am looking for scenery for my city and I thought this would be a good place to start with the tree and accessories to go with it.
  • daveace21daveace21 Member Posts: 41
    thank you very much for posting the discount as I really love this set. They have really put out a lot of impressive polybags this year!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Not sure why anyone would want 20 of these...
    Thanks for the heads up @binaryeye. I did buy 2, I didn't buy them at regular price because I thought they were pretty hohum.
    margot said:

Not sure why anyone would want 20 of these...

1. Resale

2. Goodie bags for birthday parties

Since #1 is unlikely to be all that great on this set, #2 becomes more likely. It is a good price for what it is at 50% off.
  • MathBuilderMathBuilder Member Posts: 150
    Just pointing out that 19 accomplishes the free shipping and is a prime number so a better question would be
    Why anyone would want 20 of these if they can buy 19?
    YellowcastleDougoutjasorAnthonyC173FollowsCloselymurphquake
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281

Just pointing out that 19 accomplishes the free shipping and is a prime number so a better question would be
    Why anyone would want 20 of these if they can buy 19?

One to open, 19 to resell.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    edited October 2013
    Dis reseller talk... urg...
    ^ You could just ignore it. The only reason it becomes a big deal all the time is that everyone has to comment every time someone makes one mention of it.

I bought 20 for the parts. Good value in the parts for the clearance price.
    ^ Exactly, and 20 is a nice round number.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    You can never have enough tree and flower elements. These are the new flower elements.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Found these at my local Lego store along with the summer poly.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I ordered the PC and threw this in with my order two days before it went half off. Oh well, I wanted all the seasons no matter what. Just wish the Summer set wasn't sold out.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Meanwhile, still full price in Australia $12.99 ($12.25USD).

I'm not bitter, honest :p
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    starfire2 said:

on sale?

edited October 2013
    Yes, you can find the spring set on sale in a LEGO B&M store. I did and picked up two. I think the summer set is just normally 5 dollars and not on sale, at least not on [email protected]
    I will say that by the store by me, they were not by the rest of the polybags, but in their 'clearance' section (usually at the back of the store)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    gmpirate said:

starfire2 said:

on sale?

The Spring ones were on sale, not the summer ones. Those were still marked at $4.99

• JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    These have dropped to "call for availability" so if anyone's still looking to get one, now's the time.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    ^Bought some yesterday on "call" for availability". Of course, they wanted to know why I wanted 10.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^ "I'm gonna replace the figs with Hippies. Add the VW and a few of Jabba's frog-blazing bongs. Instant Woodstock! Will you vote for me on CUUSOO?"
    BumblepantsMathBuildermurphquake
    ^ Birthday goodie bag gifts... and that is actually a reasonable answer in this case... less so if they were Death Stars. :)
    ^ haha.. what and awesome birthday party that would be. If the guests get a DS in their goodie bag the 10 year old whose party it was mustve gotten a Maserati.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    graphite said:

If the guests get a DS in their goodie bag the 10 year old whose party it was mustve gotten a Maserati.

Or an actual Death Star...
    Glad i got a few.
    Its funny, the set no longer appeared on [email protected] when I searched sales and deals and then 'exclusives' for it. when I actually searched the site it is 'sold out' so I'm guessing it is done.
    Also it appears that some Chima sets are now 10% through [email protected] (sales and deals)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922

^ Birthday goodie bag gifts... and that is actually a reasonable answer in this case... less so if they were Death Stars. :)

These aren't for resale in my case, parts to complete other sets or cityscapes. Heck, as soon as I rip open the bags, my 8-year-old daughter will snatch up the people and line them up with the Heartlake girls.

margot
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    isn't everyone just getting them to build their armies of red cherries for the global cherry war?
    pharmjod
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    @binaryeye, thanks again, got my order today and it included the LEGO store employee...
    ^ mine did too.