Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

An old idea but with lego for energetic cat owners.

Grab one of these...

http://www.brickset.com/ajax/getParts.aspx?Design=6141&aid=hsi6141

Place it loose into both of these...

http://www.brickset.com/ajax/getParts.aspx?Design=42284&aid=hsi42284

http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4506779

Give it to your cat and enjoy, if they whack it hard enough it can explode so i glued mine but that's up to you.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    Or a new (non-lego) idea ... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petcube/petcube-stay-closer-to-your-pet

which has achieved funding status!
    coachie
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I suspect a bin bag and a quiet canal would be a better cure for a lonely pet than a plastic talking cube.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 727
    @cheshirecat "bin bag and a quiet canal" Is my Brit-speak decoder working? Oh My!
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^^^ @cheshirecat- I'm all for sarcasm and even the occasional snarky comment, but that's just downright sick and offensive. Just my opinion though.
    hissingsid99GoldfreekhewmanSquareSideScottlego667
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 298
    I let my dog chase the Track Turbo RC
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    My cat likes bottle caps. I have to watch her when building lego sets.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    LegoMom1 said:

^^^ @cheshirecat- I'm all for sarcasm and even the occasional snarky comment, but that's just downright sick and offensive. Just my opinion though.

@LegoMom1 I wouldn't call it sick, it might be offensive to those easily offended though. it would be different of he was actually doing it but he's not. Its just a joke.

LegoMom1 said:

@LegoMom1 I wouldn't call it sick, it might be offensive to those easily offended though. it would be different of he was actually doing it but he's not. Its just a joke.

You say, "I wouldn't call it sick." Well I do.

You say, "It might be offensive to those easily offended." Exactly who would that be? Anyone who has a modicum of compassion and a sense of humanity?

You say, "It would be different if he was actually doing it but he's not." How can you be sure he hasn't? I'm not saying he has, but he did think it and then voiced it. And I found it offensive, so I voiced that.

You say, "It's just a joke." A joke is funny. You think what he said was funny? Well, I don't!
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Boy, that escalated quickly.
  • JafflemanJaffleman Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2013
    lol it sure did, I think it all comes down to interpretation and cultural background. The way I interpreted it, Cheshire cat was expressing distaste for the cube and was using the bag gag as an exagerated way of letting us know that.

Maybe he believes the cube is cruel and no substitute for real companionship and neglegent owners may rely on the cube soley to entertain their pets rather than extra entertainment as it is intended. Maybe he hates cats and really does want to drown them. Who knows, it's all subject to interpretation and i give him the benefit of a doubt before jumping to conclusions.

Or possibly he comes from a similar background as I do, I have a very dark sense of humour that in no way reflects on my own personal beliefs or actions. For example, one of my best friends and I, although both Australian, come from different ethnic backgrounds. My parents are German/Irish, he was born in kenya. We hang out after work, have a beer play Soccer but we make jokes about eachothers backgrounds all the time and enjoy it, (in fact he tells me that's one of the reasons he loves Australia, he can give me or someone else the finger, tell a joke and laugh and we think it's funny where back in Kenya that could end a friendship). Joking is a way people form bonds with people. However if I treated people in the same tone online, although with good intentions trying to be funny, others may not see it that way.

Just give him the benefit of the doubt, or ignore it, no harm done, no animals were hurt. yay. happy people!
    rancorbaitvitreolum
    LegoMom1 said:

LegoMom1 said:

You say, "I wouldn't call it sick." Well I do.

You say, "It might be offensive to those easily offended." Exactly who would that be? Anyone who has a modicum of compassion and a sense of humanity?

You say, "It would be different if he was actually doing it but he's not." How can you be sure he hasn't? I'm not saying he has, but he did think it and then voiced it. And I found it offensive, so I voiced that.

You say, "It's just a joke." A joke is funny. You think what he said was funny? Well, I don't!
    Call it what you want.

Who would that be? People who can't take a joke.

I don't need to be sure he hasn't, nothing could be done about it now anyway. But seriously?, it was a joke! if you were all for sarcasm like you said then you should be able take a joke.

Jokes are intended to be funny.

I'm sorry if I offended you but that's just my thoughts. You have a right to believe what you want.
    @Jaffleman said: Who knows, it's all subject to interpretation and i give him the benefit of a doubt before jumping to conclusions.

No one is jumping to conclusions here. I never accused him of doing this evil, (IMO), act. I only stated that I found his statement sick and offensive.

Jaffleman said: Or possibly he comes from a similar background as I do, I have a very dark sense of humour that in no way reflects on my own personal beliefs or actions. For example, one of my best friends and I, although both Australian, come from different ethnic backgrounds. My parents are German/Irish, he was born in kenya. We hang out after work, have a beer play Soccer but we make jokes about eachothers backgrounds all the time and enjoy it, (in fact he tells me that's one of the reasons he loves Australia, he can give me or someone else the finger, tell a joke and laugh and we think it's funny where back in Kenya that could end a friendship).

The difference in your example is that you and your friend have both agreed that this is acceptable behavior- in your relationship, even though it would not be acceptable elsewhere.

Jaffleman said: Joking is a way people form bonds with people.

Or as you stated, "could end a friendship," if said joke is not mutually acceptable.

Jaffleman said: However if I treated people in the same tone online, although with good intentions trying to be funny, others may not see it that way.

Agreed. I saw it as offensive and voiced my objection to what you are calling a joke. I did not did not find his comment funny, and I expressed my thoughts.

Jaffleman said: Just give him the benefit of the doubt, or ignore it, no harm done, no animals were hurt. yay. happy people!

I never accused him of hurting any animals, let's hope not, but I feel that the comment was offensive and I aired my disapproval.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 727
    Ceiling cat is watching this thread.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ I don't know about that, but I am ;-)

Let's keep it vaguely on topic please, this discussion strayed from LEGO pretty quick, but these ding dong arguments are just silly - Remember to take everything on the internet with a pinch of salt, it's very easy for comments to be misinterpreted when they are typed rather than spoken!
    My apologies.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^^ They are on topic.

I think the thread's title should be changed to reflect the majority of its content. ;)
  • JafflemanJaffleman Member Posts: 10
    lol it probably should, after all this did anyone even try putting a stud into a boulder and seeing what their cat thought? Mine loves it more than the actual ball toys made for cats.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    Jaffleman said:

Or possibly he comes from a similar background as I do, I have a very dark sense of humour that in no way reflects on my own personal beliefs or actions. For example, one of my best friends and I, although both Australian, come from different ethnic backgrounds. My parents are German/Irish, he was born in kenya. We hang out after work, have a beer play Soccer but we make jokes about eachothers backgrounds all the time and enjoy it, (in fact he tells me that's one of the reasons he loves Australia, he can give me or someone else the finger, tell a joke and laugh and we think it's funny where back in Kenya that could end a friendship). Joking is a way people form bonds with people. However if I treated people in the same tone online, although with good intentions trying to be funny, others may not see it that way.

That's OK. Many Brits will ignore your background too and just assume HM Prison Australia!