Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] LEGO Store October Promotions (Double VIP Points)

September 1- October 31 - Free Clone Lieutenant with Star Wars purchase $50+
October 1-31 - Double VIP points on all purchases.
October 1 - Monthly Mini Model Build
October 14-31 - Free Holiday set #1 with purchases $99+

Tried filling up a cart on [email protected] and there was no Clone Lieutenant. With all the clearance sales going on lately, even double VIP points aren't enticing enough to order anything. The free shipping is still only on orders over $75, but I can't find enough worth getting that will bring me to that threshold.

Meh.

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I'll be waiting until Oct 14th at least. The holiday set is worth getting an order together for. Now, the only question is if I will get Palace Cinema or Arkham.
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 514
    Don't forget the free keychain on Halloween, and fire safety build on the 10th. Good month if you've got kids and can make it to a store.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Have a 10% catalog coupon that I was planning on using on the Tower of Ortanc but now I might pick up the Ewok Village so I can get the Clone Lieutenant
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    edited October 2013
    @adello25, coupon will not work for either...

See full list on this thread
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71

Was planning on getting some stuff today ,but going to wait to the 14th now.
    adello25 said:

Have a 10% catalog coupon that I was planning on using on the Tower of Ortanc but now I might pick up the Ewok Village so I can get the Clone Lieutenant

Sorry to say The Ewok Village and Tower of Ortanc are part of the list they no longer let you use the 10% off coupon on anymore. Pretty much any exclusive or hard to find is on the list.

• adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Wowza I did not know that! Thats a huge bummer....guess I will be waiting for them to hopefully drop on amazon
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    This is the month when I will be doing all of my purchasing for next year's inventory. Will add on BF if they allow 10% off on the exclusives but at this point I am guessing they will be excluded.
  • Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 88
    ^ LEGO has asked major retailers such as Amazon, Target, Walmart etc to not drop the price on exclusives.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited October 2013

This is the month when I will be doing all of my purchasing for next year's inventory. Will add on BF if they allow 10% off on the exclusives but at this point I am guessing they will be excluded.

I'm pretty certain they will be excluded, given how the discounting process works (at register, single keystroke), and that those items have already been disabled from that process.

However, I'm still willing to bet that a couple of exclusives will be individually marked down for BF sale (10230 and 10223 come to mind, and both were discounted last BF as well. 10221 is the obvious candidate as well.)

• LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Purchasing Winter Village Market #10235 gets Holiday Set #1 promo, plus double VIP points and free shipping. I'll be happy. Broke... but happy. ;)
    LegoMom1 said:

Purchasing Winter Village Market #10235 gets Holiday Set #1 promo, plus double VIP points and free shipping. I'll be happy. Broke... but happy. ;)

Don't forget to buy using your discovercard thru shopdiscover for an extra 11% off (make sure to sign up for the bonus 5% first).

edited October 2013
    dougts said:

I'm pretty certain they will be excluded, given how the discounting process works (at register, single keystroke), and that those items have already been disabled from that process.

However, I'm still willing to bet that a couple of exclusives will be individually marked down for BF sale (10230 and 10223 come to mind, and both were discounted last BF as well. 10221 is the obvious candidate as well.)

Given how badly the [email protected] website is maintained I am now starting to think there may be a very good chance the sweeping 10% off on BF will also include the pricier exclusives online, at least in the beginning. Should be interesting.

@doriansdad said: Given how badly the [email protected] website is maintained I am now starting to think there may be a very good chance the sweeping 10% off on BF will also include the pricier exclusives online, at least in the beginning. Should be interesting.

From your lips to TLG's ears. ;)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    I think what I am going to do is buy Ewok Village on the 14th for double points and holiday set #1, and then buy Winter Village Market on Brick Friday weekend for holiday set #2. Probably makes sense to go double VIP on the most expensive set that I expect to purchase this year.
    Yellowcastle
    edited October 2013
    ^ @hoyatables- Sounds like a plan. My son would love Ewok Village, but we will get Winter Village Market and hopefully also VW Camper (he wants that also) for the holiday set #2. Hope we can buy both. Money is tight and I've been getting a bit loose with it on the Lego purchases lately. This "sodding site," as someone said a few weeks back, is responsible. ;)
    klatu003margotrichljasor
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    edited October 2013
    What does "BF" refer to? Help me I'm having a dumb.

Black Friday?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Yes. It will be the time when the Lego lords give a 10% discount on all sets, even exclusives, and the plebes will thank them for it, because they will have been conditioned by that time to consider it a good deal.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    ^- Better than nothing.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2013
    If I spend $99 on Oct 15 (with at least $50 of it Star Wars), will I get both the Clone Trooper and the Christmas Set?
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    As long as the Clone Trooper is still available, I think you will get both.
    Yeah, this October is going to be a 'stack the deals the best you can' month.
    I forgot about the holiday set due out soon and got a PC with the LEGO movie sticker.
    But I plan on getting a LEGO parking garage and maybe Haunted House during double points, but will wait until the 15th.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Waiting to the 15th to knock out my exclusive list as well, all though I'm not really all that excited for the first holiday give away. I really like the delivery truck though so I may hold one purchase back for BF.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I think the first set looks better. I may try to swing two of the first sets, even though I am sure it is limit one per household based on some goofy fineprint.

I think the first set looks better. I may try to swing two of the first sets, even though I am sure it is limit one per household based on some goofy fineprint.

Yep strictly one per household as usual. I also prefer the first promo set.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    @adello25

This will probably be the best time to grab the expensive sets. There's no 10% discount and you won't get them cheaper on Amazon, Target, Walmart...Lego will not allow those places to discount the exclusives anymore. Getting double VIP points and using a credit car with cash back or some other form of a discount.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited October 2013
    Just ordered the Winter Village Market and 'got' the Holiday Gift Set (the 1 of 2, Tree Farm). Well, put it this way... by 'got' I mean the HGS was in my cart and on my order. :-)

Does anyone know if the are limiting the HGS to 1 per household?

Course, they may do so later, as they did with the VW Camper. I'm more concerned with now. If they are not limiting the HGS I will go ahead and get the LOTR ship too. Just don't want to do so, thinking I will get the HGS because it is in my cart and on my order, just to find it isn't shipped. As happened with the VW Camper when the supply became low.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 340
    edited October 2013
    I'm wondering the same and am holding on a 2nd order too for this very reason.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    fine print on [email protected] contain : "One free set per household."
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The fine print also allows a customer to return their whole order after receiving it with part of their purchase removed =)
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I really like that it's $99 for the promo set instead of $100. No doubt most of you know why!
    One free set per household. Whether or not they enforce the rule is anyone's guess. They enforced it with last year's xmas sleigh set half way through the promotion (my guess is they were running low). I am guessing this time around they will be proactive and limit it from the beginning. No doubt some will still slip through the cracks.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Was in store today and picked up WVM. Got the Holiday set. Asked if there was a limit and was told no.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    I have 2 orders in "customer service" mode. Let's wait and see...
    I got the holiday set today as well. I'm really looking more forward to the delivery truck though. The tree stand is just a nicer rehash of what already got with the WV Bakery and I don't think either of them are as nice as last years sleigh.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2013

I have 2 orders in "customer service" mode. Let's wait and see...

Me too. I called today and they told me it was normal to be in customer service for a day or so. If I don't get the free set with each order, I will return one of them.

For a company trying to sell toys, TLG is getting a bit too uppity. Christmas is coming and I'm on the fence regarding gifts this year. Fortunately, my kids are at an age where I can distract them with other hobbies and interests. Now if I can only distract myself...

Well, I just placed a 2nd order. The HGS is on the 2nd order. Time will tell if it is delivered. I will post what I get when the 2nd order arrives.
    I'm anxious to hear if multiple freebies make it out. You guys may have a shot with it being so early in the promotion, but I don't think I'm going to chance it. I know me - I won't return the 2nd item even it doesn't come with the promo so I will just be out with the exception of double VIP. I'm just going to hold off until BF. My wife is ready to kill me anyways...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    My first order shipped...apparently with the HGS. I guess I'll find out today if the other one is shipped too.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ I made two orders and my second order (made ~8 hours after the first) shipped first and had the holiday set. Still waiting for my first to ship.
    edited October 2013
    Got both of my 2 orders today. One ordered on Monday, one on Tuesday. Both had the HGS. :-) And, got a LEGO employee minifig poly with each order. Sweet!
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Thanks @cloaked7 - that's very good news. I am more optimistic now. Both my orders have shipped.
    cloaked7 said:

Got both of my 2 orders today. One ordered on Monday, one on Tuesday. Both had the HGS. :-) And, got a LEGO employee minifig poly with each order. Sweet!

You ordered yesterday and the day before and you already received both orders? Did you pay for overnite shipping or do you live down the street from the Lego warehouse?
    ^ no kidding. I ordered Monday and will be lucky if I have it by Saturday.
    edited October 2013
    I ordered just after midnight on Sunday/Monday and I live relatively close to the TLG distribution center. Mine don't arrive until tomorrow...but of course they were held up in customer service for almost two days. I guess my avatar doesn't have an honest face...
    edited October 2013
    LegoMom1 said:

cloaked7 said:

You ordered yesterday and the day before and you already received both orders? Did you pay for overnite shipping or do you live down the street from the Lego warehouse?
    Pretty sweet, isn't it! I didn't pay extra for shipping. I typically get my LEGOS next day after they are shipped. They were shipped FedEx from Olive Branch, MS to Knoxville, TN via Nashville. It is very rare, but a few times I have ordered in the morning and received my LEGOS the next day. When you hit it right FedEx around here is scary fast. (Back in the day I could get a Dell computer the next day with regular shipping. Don't buy Dell anymore, I now own nothing but Apple products.)
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Geez, I placed my order on Monday and is still "processing".
  • BulkheadXBulkheadX Member Posts: 74
    helps having the main FedEx distribution centers in Memphis (which is probably why the Lego warehouse is across the border in OB,MS anyway lol)

ps. apple suuuuux :p lol
    edited October 2013
    BulkheadX said:

ps. apple suuuuux :p lol

Apple? To each his own. I can only speak about my personal experience. I have had no issues with any of the Apple products I own. My main computer is a Macbook Pro. PC's? Every PC I owned, and I have owned many over the years, had problems. I have to use a PC at work and it has problems (as is the case with every work PC I've been assigned). Personally, I doubt I'll ever buy another PC. If it isn't a virus, or anti-virus software, it's bloated software, failing hardware, incompatibility with something, or a gradual system degrading over the years due to to all the previously mentioned aspects. Now, that sucks! :-)

And I'm not saying that Apple products are perfect, or that the company Apple is perfect. I have complaints about Apple. Just saying that my experience with Apple products and company have been far better than my experience in the PC realm.

cardgeniusMathBuilder
    I agree. My wifey and son have macs and they work perfectly every time. No fuss whatsoever. Unfortunately I must have a PC at the moment to run certain programs and I also must restore my PCs every 2-3 months. I gladly pay the Apple premium as it more than covers the time I have to spend coddling my PCs.
    I am planning to get another Winter Village Market, and I'm guessing most of my exclusive purchases will need to be through LEGO during double points months.
    Though this does pose a question: Will Exclusives be put on clearance/discount anymore to clear out stock?