Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Sale 2011 SDCC Exclusives LEGO+

vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
edited July 2011 in Marketplace
Selling one of my 2011 Exclusive Star Wars Advent Calendars for $75+shipping (SDCC cost was $50+tax+1.5 hrs of standing in line). I figure $20 is a fair price for my time. The item is going on Ebay for as much as $100+. PM if you are interested.

I also have a couple of Kreo Optimus Prime samples given out at SDCC for $10 and Hasbro exclusives for anyone interested.

Comments

• mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    I PM you.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    PM sent
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    Update. Calendar sold, but the other items mentioned are still available.

There are still additional daily allotments of exclusive sets available at the convention (~500 between Saturday and Sunday) if you want me to pick one up... no guarantees.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    A friend of mine who (foolishly!) doesn't collect Lego but does collect Hasbro action figures might be curious as to what you have access to. Could you PM a list of what's available and the asking price? Thanks!
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    very interested in exclusivs such as the batman and green lantern mnifigs Can you pm details of anything lego related that is exclusive to SDCC2011
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    I'm interested in batman and green lantern minifigs. Also two of the Kreo Optimus Prime if possible. Please pm me the details.
    http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6069

I don't know if these posters are exclusive to Comic Con, but I can grab more of these for anyone interested ($7 shipped). Correct me if you can find them at Lego Stores, etc.
    I'm selling my other SDCC Exclusive Lego Star Wars Advent for $85+shipping (US only please).

In addition, I still have one Kreo Prime (sample) loose out of box $10 and Hasbro exclusives for those interested in GI Joe or Transformers. PM if interested.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I've got several Batman and Green Lanterns from the SDCC that I might sell for the right price. Just a forewarning I wont let them go for cheap...

They've been going for a pretty penny on ebay, and I literally spent at least 50% of the convention in line trying to get them. It was a real pain. Not to mention I need to recoup my loss for purchasing next years tickets which saw a 75% increase in price....
    Congratulations on your score. It was quite exciting winning these figures, but I must say, it was disappointing how poorly organized and crowded it got during the raffle hours. I'll be happy to get all these characters next year when they go public.
    Yea it was really frustrating seeing how unorganized those lines were. They tried to improve them as the days went on but it got worse. I went in as a collector hoping to get a couple duplicates for myself, I even had my brother and sister in line with me to increase my chances, but when they saw the first set sell on ebay for over 220, they decided to keep them for themselves and sell them -_-.

As much as I hate to charge such a high price for these, Comic Con did set me back quite a bit, and I only really need 1 maybe 2 sets. I think I have 3 or 4 sets, maybe an extra Batman. Hoping to sell the sets for around 125-140 considering ebay still has them for 150+. However I'm open to negotiations..
    Do what you got to do. Do not feel bad as these minifigures will be released soon to everyone. If people want them bad enough, they will pay whatever the market dictates. I already kissed mine good bye yesterday and I didn't have a backup. Although they were free at the convention, they did not come at no cost. Each figure was at least a 1-2 hour time commitment. May I ask what your success rate was.... I was 1 for 2 and only got the Green Lantern.

That's funny that you got your brother and sister in the raffle, but too bad they kept it for themselves.
    I don't know my exact success rate...I was pretty much in line for every raffle they had, even the ones at DC and WB. I just counted and have 10 figs, but only 4 green lanterns, the rest batman.
    I didn't know that the DC and WB booths were doing the same thing. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have left the exhibit hall... Oh well, I wanted to check out a bunch of panels anyway.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited July 2011
    Read this (long) account on fbtb, I'm starting to think going to SDCC isn't as much fun as I thought it would be!

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/27/comic-con-recap-the-lego-booth/
    @vwong19 Yea well they didn't start doing raffles till the last 2 days I think. I assume LEGO send over some figs to those booths to try to control the crazy lines at their booth.

@atkinsar To be honest SDCC isn't really a good event to attend to if your looking for LEGO stuff. I mean I think this year they had some pretty cool news and great exclusives, but if your ONLY a lego fan, there's not enough there to warrant a trip down there. Personally, I'm a big comic, sci fi, fantasy, video game, etc fan, so its right up my alley. Not to mention I've been going since before I could walk, so its more of a tradition now.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    ^^ It sounds like there are definite areas for improvement, but something noticeably absent from being recognized in the critique of the process is the fact that the exclusive give-aways are intended to create buzz. Long lines create interest, and spreading the raffles across the duration of the entire event ensures sustained interest. The notion that the promotion should be as easy as possible to get into people's hands via pre-registration or selling out within the first hour of a four day event is laughable.

At a convention with 100,000 people in attendance, lines certainly should be expected and it was their own decision to wait repeatedly, knowing what they were getting themselves into after the first experience. If they had done this and come away with nothing, I could understand the frustration, but they all came away with multiple figures. It seems like a fair and simple solution that would go a long way to reduce the line and ensure the highest number of satisfied people would be to limit each person to winning one exclusive. Of course that wasn't one of the solutions mentioned :P
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Read this (long) account on fbtb, I'm starting to think going to SDCC isn't as much fun as I thought it would be!

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/27/comic-con-recap-the-lego-booth/
    My thoughts precisely.

I'm not exactly sure why LEGO persist in these annual SDCC giveaways, but I'm assuming they don't just do it to encourage the ugly feeding frenzy and blatant profiteering that I'm reading about on here and elsewhere. Any 'buzz' at the event itself would have been dwarfed by the online frenzy that the announcement of the tie-ins and appearance of photos from SDCC caused, so IMHO these grubby give-aways aren't necessary anyway.

Flame away......

;-)

^I probably would have enjoyed the convention more if Lego hadn't done the give-away of the Batman/Green Lantern minifigures. It was great getting one, but I spent many unnecessary hours "hovering" around the booth hoping to have a chance at them. A better method of distribution might have been a panel on LEGO Super Heroes and then surprising attendees with 1 of the 2 minifigs upon exiting the panel.

Other booths, like Hasbro limited the number of Kreo Primes to one by stamping people's badges. They were not limited in any way. Whoever wanted one, could have easily gotten one.

I think the 'buzz' created at the booth, helped spread the news of toyline beyond simply the hard core LEGO fans who read these forums religiously. How many kids go on these sights?

Anyway whoever wants my SW Advent Calendar, please let me know.... instead of profiteering, I prefer to go with rendering a service that some may desire.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    I probably would have enjoyed the convention more if Lego hadn't done the give-away of the Batman/Green Lantern minifigures. It was great getting one, but I spent many unnecessary hours "hovering" around the booth hoping to have a chance at them.
    What a waste of time. It's just a stupid system IMHO, and it's surely not beyond the wit of LEGO to devise something less decerebrate.
    Other booths, like Hasbro limited the number of Kreo Primes to one by stamping people's badges. They were not limited in any way. Whoever wanted one, could have easily gotten one.
    That's more like it. One per person - fairer, and much less hanging around. See - it IS possible...
    I think the 'buzz' created at the booth, helped spread the news of toyline beyond simply the hard core LEGO fans who read these forums religiously. How many kids go on these sights?
    One hell of a lot more than attend SDCC I assure you. If I remember rightly, Brickset alone had over 50 million hits last year. And then there's FBTB, Eurobricks.... SDCC attendees are frankly a drop in the ocean compared with that level of traffic.
    Anyway whoever wants my SW Advent Calendar, please let me know.... instead of profiteering, I prefer to go with rendering a service that some may desire.
    Good for you - great to see some forum members foregoing the obvious profits they could have made elsewhere in order to help out fellow AFOLs on here, not to mention the time and effort they've expended getting hold of country-specific exclusives for other people (e.g @rocao).

I have a history of ranting against LEGO exclusives (I spent a whole blog posting doing it a few months back, in fact....) so excuse me for getting on my hobby horse again on this thread !

edited July 2011
    One hell of a lot more than attend SDCC I assure you. If I remember rightly, Brickset alone had over 50 million hits last year. And then there's FBTB, Eurobricks.... SDCC attendees are frankly a drop in the ocean compared with that level of traffic.
    It may be a drop in the bucket, but SDCC does churn up a lot of hype that other companies seem to participate in. The physical traffic may be low, but the word does spread out beyond SDCC.

As far as the 50 million hits last year, I think I contributed to about 1 million of them... :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Good for you - great to see some forum members foregoing the obvious profits they could have made elsewhere in order to help out fellow AFOLs on here, not to mention the time and effort they've expended getting hold of country-specific exclusives for other people (e.g @rocao).
    Cough. :o)
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    I bought a advent calander form Van last Saturday. He is First Class all the way.