Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Polys in the wild...

Comments

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711

Legogeek said:

Well on the back of the Rocket poly it says Not for sale, Someone else mentioned this and I have confirmed this on the pack I have, so dunno if TRU should have even been making them available for sale.

Ethically, the answer is "no, they shouldn't have been selling them"

Ethically......UNLESS LEGO gave them the OK but just they did not have time to tinker with redoing all packaging.
    Considering they were for sale in other countries as well and TRU is still selling them one would deduce that the store does have the OK to sell them Maybe LEGO was going to use them as a promo in house, but then LEGO decided against making them just a giveaway at some point and provided them to TRU to sell as part of their stock.. I actually should try to find one of those Iron man bags found at a TRU and see if it also said not for resale because LEGO was giving them out long before as a promo
    Well........ I agree to disagree..... IMHO it appears TRU is selling them, just to make some money. If you look at the front of both bags (here in the US) is says "Only at TRU" which would make these particular bags exclusive to TRU, and since the back says "Not for Sale" it technically means they shouldn't be selling them. Instead, the bags should be part of some other offer or give-away. The proper thing TRU should have done, would have been to cover up that part of the bag with a sticker or some other method (yes, really, it would be possible on a store by store level).

I'm not complaining (after-all I bought 2 myself), I'm just stating on what should be and what actually is...

I buy a lot of stuff from Japan where there are a lot of these "Not for Sale" offers. The offerings are never sold at the store or event - NEVER. The only 'selling' of these items is on the secondary market. This tells me in Japan they follow the 'honor code' of the "not for sale" condition, while in the US the retailer is ignoring this 'sales' condition...
    For those that have been finding #30197 Snowman at Target..... where have you been finding it? I checked several Targets in my area with no Snowmen to be found. I checked the Stocking stuffers, the Toy dept, the Seasonal area with all the other Christmas stuff.... nothing.... Maybe my stores simply haven't received them yet or these are only showing up sporadically at various stores across the country?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,219
    Legogeek said:

Legogeek said:

Well on the back of the Rocket poly it says Not for sale, Someone else mentioned this and I have confirmed this on the pack I have, so dunno if TRU should have even been making them available for sale.

Ethically, the answer is "no, they shouldn't have been selling them"

Ethically......UNLESS LEGO gave them the OK but just they did not have time to tinker with redoing all packaging.
    Considering they were for sale in other countries as well and TRU is still selling them one would deduce that the store does have the OK to sell them Maybe LEGO was going to use them as a promo in house, but then LEGO decided against making them just a giveaway at some point and provided them to TRU to sell as part of their stock.. I actually should try to find one of those Iron man bags found at a TRU and see if it also said not for resale because LEGO was giving them out long before as a promo
    Well........ I agree to disagree..... IMHO it appears TRU is selling them, just to make some money. If you look at the front of both bags (here in the US) is says "Only at TRU" which would make these particular bags exclusive to TRU, and since the back says "Not for Sale" it technically means they shouldn't be selling them. Instead, the bags should be part of some other offer or give-away. The proper thing TRU should have done, would have been to cover up that part of the bag with a sticker or some other method (yes, really, it would be possible on a store by store level).

I'm not complaining (after-all I bought 2 myself), I'm just stating on what should be and what actually is...

I buy a lot of stuff from Japan where there are a lot of these "Not for Sale" offers. The offerings are never sold at the store or event - NEVER. The only 'selling' of these items is on the secondary market. This tells me in Japan they follow the 'honor code' of the "not for sale" condition, while in the US the retailer is ignoring this 'sales' condition...
    Have stores put stickers on the bags? Agreed that it should be done, however, have you seen how motivated TRU employees are? They barely checked for them at one store when I asked, and only sent someone back when someone else appeared to ask.

Unless LEGO officially comes out to say these should not be sold I'm going with they are allowed, or LEGO would likely impost some kind of punishment or demand they stop selling them, which I have not seen or heard yet.
    I did check the Iron Man figure package and it does not report 'NOT FOR SALE' so there is that, but again my presumption is LEGO would have never allowed TRU to even scan them into their computers with a price if they were not allowed.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    edited November 2014
    A promotional item still needs to have a value in the store system. Otherwise, people could purchase the qualifying items to get it, then return them for their money back thereby getting the promo item for nothing.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    Legogeek said:

For those that have been finding #30197 Snowman at Target..... where have you been finding it? I checked several Targets in my area with no Snowmen to be found. I checked the Stocking stuffers, the Toy dept, the Seasonal area with all the other Christmas stuff.... nothing.... Maybe my stores simply haven't received them yet or these are only showing up sporadically at various stores across the country?

@Legogeek‌ I found all of 1 at Barnes & Noble in Tustin, CA. I haven't seen any at Targets near us. Let's keep a lookout for each other in our area!

For any Bricksetter who has found these at Target, would you provide the code please?
    Thank you.
    Thanks @LegoKip will do.
    With my work and personal schedule I don't have much opportunity to hunt, but if I find something I'll post it here or PM you. My zone of activity is mostly in Huntington Beach, but reaching to Long Beach.
    Andor
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @legogeek I have one Target in Nashville TN with #30197 in the seasonal toy section with the other polybags. I haven't seen them at the other Target I frequent. If they're meant to be in the checkout aisles experience suggests they could make it out any time in the next six months or so :).

@legokip I'll try to remember to get the number next time I'm there.
    @Jenni Thank you. I expected to see it in the Stocking Stuffer area (which I assume is the seasonal toy section)... they did have #30264 and #30115 though. I guess I'll keep checking and maybe the Snowman will be added in the next few days or weeks.
    @legogeek it's the obvious place to put it but I don't think it's supposed to be there. I'll check for a tag. We knew which were the seasonal polybags a while ago and it was only the other three that were listed, I believe that information came from multiple sources. I'm betting some of them don't make their way out for months, hopefully at least before memorial day though :).
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 293
    The snowman is for a toy endcap setting the week of 11-30
    margot
    @Jenni & @norm103 - thanks.

My problem is the snowman was a last minute gift idea for my sister-in-law in Japan, and I thought would be easy to find... and my wife is leaving for Japan in 2 days.... (facepalm)
    Ask someone at target to check item search for "lego 30197" it will pull it up and they can get it from the back at that point if it's in stock or tell you who has it. They are coming 30 to a case.
    Thanks @Jenni‌ and @norm103‌ for the info.
    And...@Legogeek arigatou gozaimasu (I've a family member in Japan too). You could buy her the larger snowman available at Lego B&M.
    I'll cover from HB south, so perfect!
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    For those around San Francisco Hayward area. The toys R Us at Winton have the #5002144 Ninjago two mini figure set available
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^Dang, I was just at that TRU yesterday and I didn't see it there.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    The Target DPCI for the snowman is 204000478.

You can have them pull them out of the stockroom.
    LegoKipmadforLEGOpharmjod
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I was at that TRU three time this week and Dublin twice already
    jadeirene said:

^Dang, I was just at that TRU yesterday and I didn't see it there.

@margot‌ Thanks!!
    Thanks @margot. Will need to hit up Target I think
    margot
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    margot said:

The Target DPCI for the snowman is 204000478.

You can have them pull them out of the stockroom.

I set an end cap today that was supposed to have those and the dpci at our store come up with a zero count on them. Our store never got them.
    Thank @pharmjod, he came up with that DPCI. Worked like a charm.
    @starfire2, were they supposed to be put out today?
    ^ Yes. They are part of the 4 day ad and the end cap had to be set before sunday. I am off tomorrow.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Target I just checked had them in the back and said the set date to put them out is the 30th.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Whoops
    graphite said:

Target I just checked had them in the back and said the set date to put them out is the 30th.

Then why would it be part of the 4 day ad?
    There going to be spend 30 get the snowman free.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 586
    I found the #30197 Snowman in the stocking stuffer area of my Target tonight, mixed in with the Friends Jungle Boats. Along with one lonely Batwing poly still looking for a home after Halloween.
    LegoKip
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    The snow man is a freebie with $25 Lego purchase. You can buy it for $3.99 as well. We found them in the toy department. It looks like none are in the stockroom so it may be that when they are gone they are gone.
    starfire2 said:

graphite said:

Then why would it be part of the 4 day ad?
    Just relaying what the employee said after looking it up.
    We found them at my store. We were given the wrong DPCI on the planogram. Fixed the issue today. Was able to put them out before the store opened. 120 of them.
    edited November 2014
    Decided to go to Target last night on a hunch, and lo and behold they had them on the back wall by the Christmas stocking gifts. So got a bunch and also got a few Friends sets too.
    It was good to find the bags, I'm not buying 100 USD in LEGO at retail prices for 4 snowmen
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Found #30264 Frax poly earlier this week in the Christmas section of Target.

Also spotted #5002144 "Battle Pack" (That's what the receipt said. It's the Ninjago Dareth poly) behind the customer service desk at Toys R Us. They were very kind, and happy to sell one to me. The figure is excellently printed, and is a must have for a Ninjago fan
    ^ My TRU had what must have been 200 of the Ninjago poly out when I went on Saturday. Must have been a pain for some employee since they put the stick on hanger things on them.

R web number for the nindroid poly?
    ^ If no one else has posted it by tonight I'll look for the receipt. Don't have it with me.
    Is the R web number the second line on the receipt? If so it's 673419218122. My TRU just stuck them in a box on the shelf, along with the Rocket Raccoons.
    That's not it. I just bought some but I don't see where the r web # is, it's a 6 digit number.
    My store is loaded up.
    ^My store had 200 of each.
    No Rweb number on the receipts for either the Ninjago poly or the Rocket poly. Guessing they never got one as they never had them listed on the website.
    Rocket is 084829
    The TRU item number for Dareth & Nindroid is 087332, barcode is 673419 218122.
    margotDoubleDnychromastone
    My local TRU put out the Ninjago ones in the LEGO aisle. Also, they had 20+ Rocket Raccoons thrown on the shelf.
    LegoKip
  • LEGOCollector2504LEGOCollector2504 Member Posts: 30
    TRU in Madison, WI is stacked with Ninjago, Gorzan Gorilla Walker, and Batwing polys. I asked the lady at the counter very nicely if they had received any Rocket Raccoons and she gave me two. However, there are very few Rocket polys left and none on the shelves, so YMMV.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137
    edited December 2014
    margotLegoKipmadforLEGO
  • RealmwatcherRealmwatcher Member Posts: 14
    Just found #30115 (Friends Jungle Boat) and #30271 (TMNT Mikey with mini Shellraiser) for $3.98 at Walmart. And #30310 (Arctic Scout) for $3.47

They weren't in the toy section. There was a display near the entrance with various toys/card games for stocking stuffers, so suggest looking somewhere similar or near the seasonal dept in your store.

FYI, #30310 impressed me for it's completed size from being a tiny polybag set
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Not a Poly but I found the Lego Batman movie with the Clark Kent Minifig at Target tonight. Price was $18.00 which is less than what Clark is fetching on Bricklink.
    edited December 2014
    My TRU just got #40058 Decorating the Tree. Registers will not allow it to be sold until a later date so it is likely to be an upcoming promo item.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 992
    Walmart had plenty of #30271 TMNT for $3.97
  • KazJYKazJY Member Posts: 67
    ecmo47 said:

Not a Poly but I found the Lego Batman movie with the Clark Kent Minifig at Target tonight. Price was $18.00 which is less than what Clark is fetching on Bricklink.

I've been looking (hoping) this hit shelves again, and I just came home from Target without checking. Doh! Back I go tomorrow to see :-)

• dragwitdragwit Member Posts: 26
    I found Decorating the Tree at Smith's (Kroger affiliate) in Bountiful, UT, for $5.99 today. Thats $4 cheaper than Toys R Us!!!