Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Polys in the wild...

Comments

• bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    was at one of the Local Toys R us, they have the #40033 Turkey
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    Mine has never gotten rid of the #40033 Turkey. Has been on the shelf continually since last Thanksgiving. Was hoping for a clearance on those.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Anyone find the new Ninjago Poly in the US yet?
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Picked up Batwing at Target (OH)
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    does anyone know how much the arctic scout poly is retailing for at target?
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,385
    ^$3.49 in TN
    Jenni said:

^$3.49 in TN

Thanks. I'll grab a couple tomorrow if the store has them in stock.

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Bought a few Batwings today, didn't buy any of the Arctic helicopters, Target (CA) had plenty of both. I did, however, buy a few more Imperial Shuttles they still had... I think that's a pretty cool lil' piece.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879

Rockville area Target. They have them on the end caps in with the Halloween decorations.

Cool, thanks. Rockville's a little far for me (I'm in Linthicum). Hopefully they're in my area soon.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,844
    Today we found #30266 in TRU in Hayward, CA.
    Bumblepants
    Found the Halloween polys at target yesterday :D

I got 1 batwing that I assembled, 1 arctic scout that I assembled, and a second AS that I got for the neat parts.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164

Ditto. Wasn't there Thursday. They also had a pumpkin behind the counter, rang at $5.99. Didn't get it.
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    I saw a new Chima polybag at TRU today while traveling in FL. It's Sykor's Ice Cruiser, #30266.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,302
    juggles7 said:

I saw a new Chima polybag at TRU today while traveling in FL. It's Sykor's Ice Cruiser, #30266.

I saw that one too here in Phoenix AZ and bought one. Good deal for $3.99.
    Have not found the batwing yet :( I'm hoping the target by work will have some.

Where does Walmart usually keep their polys, btw?
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    In my experience, you'll need to search the toy aisles thoroughly for WMart's polybags. Start with the Lego aisle, of course. You might also check the seasonal dept (esp. near Christmas). Don't forget the check-out aisles. In a hurry? Just check the Lego aisle.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Thanks, will go today to hunt it down!

• BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    The TRU in Columbia MD has #30266. It's a good enough poly for $4 and it has a minfigure, but after building it, I realized I had no extra parts. First time that I can remember building a LEGO set or poly and not having at least one extra part. I'll chalk that up to there being no small parts in the set.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    Gone
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    There was no limit on it, so someone probably bought it all out.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    #30247 ARC starfighter is available.
    Finally found the batwing at a Target :)
    nychromastone
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52
    iplante said:

Where does Walmart usually keep their polys, btw?

I have never had luck finding poly bags in the Wal-mart checkout areas (though it's been mentioned here and elsewhere that's where they should be).

I typically find poly bags in three places:

The clearance aisle
    Peg hooks on shelf supports in the LEGO aisle
    Elsewhere laying about on shelves, where they obviously don't belong
    Thanks, I'll have to dig around some more next time :)
    Just saw worriz' Fire bike at target in MN
    margot
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    @iplante, was it in the seasonal section or at the registers?
    @margot at one of the registers.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 945
    Yep, I saw the #30265 at my local target as well, though it was limited to one checkout lane. Also had #30246 Imperial Shuttle and #30226 Police Helicopter.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    I've have only seen the one or two polybags at my local Walmart and that was back in 2012.
    Legoland Discovery Center had #30114 Andrea's Beach Lounge for $4.00.

Also found #30266 Sykor's Ice Cruiser for $3.99 at TRU.
    nychromastone
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    Found Batwing, Arctic scout and Imperial Shuttle in North Carolina yesterday. IS at the checkout and the other 2 on an endcap near the Halloween section. Looked to be only 10 sets each.
    On a side note, I was amused that the Lego Discovery Store also had these in stock (with decent quantities available):

#852719-1: Indiana Jones Magnet Set
    #852504: Magnet Set Indiana Jones

#852843: Star Wars Magnet Set

As everyone probably recalls, these are the magnets that were NOT glued, so not a bad pickup for $15 if you are missing any of those minifigs.
    nychromastone
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,383
    teal93mr2 said:

On a side note, I was amused that the Lego Discovery Store also had these in stock (with decent quantities available):

#852719-1: Indiana Jones Magnet Set
    #852504: Magnet Set Indiana Jones

#852843: Star Wars Magnet Set

As everyone probably recalls, these are the magnets that were NOT glued, so not a bad pickup for $15 if you are missing any of those minifigs.

probably need to mention which store as I'm guessing not all Discovery centers have the same allotment of stock.
    They are fun to go into every once in a while as they sometimes have piles of polybags that are hard to find elsewhere.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,385
    I found #30302, #30187 and #30262 at a Kmart in Nashville for $3.99 yesterday.
    edited September 2014
    Anyone check any five below's recently?
    I know finding figures at those store are a bit YMMV but just wondering if anyone has seen anything, at those stores?
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 262
    Found a case of the Little Car hid behind some other stuff behind an endcap at Kmart. I guess they plan to put them out later.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Jenni said:

I found #30302, #30187 and #30262 at a Kmart in Nashville for $3.99 yesterday.

Found the same in central ohio, although #30187 was $3.49, the other two were $3.99. This is the first time I've seen polys at my kmart. They were placed up front in Halloween totes (2 full totes).
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2014

I know finding figures at those store are a bit YMMV but just wondering if anyone has seen anything, at those stores?

I was in several over the weekend, and outside of a number of #30254 they didn't even have any CMF.
    madforLEGO
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^ Same for me, they have loads of that set, and they used to have some Lone Ranger and Hogwarts Express polybags, but those are all gone now. I know of one that usually gets CMF, but it's out of my way, so I haven't been there in awhile.
    madforLEGO
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    I travel a bit for work (in Iowa) and notice the WMs that are older (10yrs less) and smaller seem to always get some CMF and polybags(not since 2012) and the newer WMs with larger, newer and higher customer volumes/product turnover don't get CMF (not since Series 5) or polybags.
    Local TRU had the #40055 Halloween Pumpkin for $5.99. Like the pumpkin, not the price.
    Milcheax said:

I was in several over the weekend, and outside of a number of #30254 they didn't even have any CMF.

^ Same for me, they have loads of that set, and they used to have some Lone Ranger and Hogwarts Express polybags, but those are all gone now. I know of one that usually gets CMF, but it's out of my way, so I haven't been there in awhile.

Thanks Guys,
    I knew they are YMMV but I figured Id ask to see if anyone has seen anything. I forund a few lone ranger bags the last time I went (a while ago) but I really do not have one that close to justify the drive for.
    ^^ Five Below tends to advertise when they get LEGO stuff actually. Around Easter, the newspaper circular advertised Mirkwood Elf Guard polybags (as well as that Chima set and a Friends set). Mine only had the latter two, unfortunately, but then again, I was only able to go about a week after seeing the ad, so it's possible that some AFOL snatched up all the elves. At $3.99, I would have done the same thing. ;)
  • markarm919markarm919 USAMember Posts: 60
    Target in Alexandria, VA has #30246 Imperial Shuttle in checkout lanes for $4.85.
    I still don't believe Targets polys in the checkout lane idea works. I get the principle behind it...but you see Targets aisles with the same old polys just sitting there. If they really wanted them to sell they'd just put them on a rack in the Lego aisle and they'd all be gone around the Holidays.
    scotty12 said:

I still don't believe Targets polys in the checkout lane idea works. I get the principle behind it...but you see Targets aisles with the same old polys just sitting there. If they really wanted them to sell they'd just put them on a rack in the Lego aisle and they'd all be gone around the Holidays.

Or what about some in the aisle and some in the toy aisle? Best of both worlds.
    I just seems ridiculous and stupid that I have to walk up/down the 28 Target checkout lanes to see if they've received a new poly......only to see the same old Star Wars and City ones hanging there.
    Ladder19JTKklatu003
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 157
    acquired this from a trade today =]

#5002125 Electro

Chrisbstm
    ^Just curious, but what did you have to trade to get that? Your right hand? Firstborn child? I'd imagine that's going to be a very valuable minifigure.
    BuriedinBricks