Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Lego 30242 (Star Wars Poly) at [email protected]

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited September 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this once a [email protected] promo? (note that this does not count towards the $50 to get the current promo... not sure why)

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Star-Wars-Republic-Frigate-30242?fromListing=listing

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^ Yes, with a purchase over the minimum spend back in March.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,524
    They probably had too many so they are selling them to clear out the warehouse. I'm guessing it is that time for companies to start thinking about holiday production and they have enough to actually list and sell
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    I love the dark red pieces in this set. How can you go wrong with dark red headlights?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Have they ever sold promos online before like this? Or is it another attempt to squash all the reselling?
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Pretty sure they sold polys like that in the past, after the fact. Also, in the store as well, depending on volumes of promos given out/shipped in.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited September 2013
    ^Good to know, thanks. I hope they do it more. :-) I wish they would sell all of their polys online.
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2013
    Unrelated but saw the Galaxy Squad mini mech poly #30230 in Target.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    margot said:

Have they ever sold promos online before like this? Or is it another attempt to squash all the reselling?

The Mini Hogwarts Express poly is the one that springs to mind. A couple of years back.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    I've seen several LEGO stores selling #30167 Iron Man polybag for $5.
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    ^ I got one of those free when they ran out of Hot Dog Stands. We already had 2 Hot Dog Stands so I didn't mind.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    jasor said:

Pretty sure they sold polys like that in the past, after the fact. Also, in the store as well, depending on volumes of promos given out/shipped in.

Yeah, I've seen past promos sitting out by the registers before. Most recent was #30250 a few months after it was the freebie. Hoping they have Iron Man when I go this weekend.