Texture problem for LEGO Minifig head in blender 2.68

KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
edited September 2013 in Photography/Video
Hi,

I just got into blender and I've designed a LEGO minifig head. Now I want to put a texture for a face on the head but it doesn't show up in my preview:

The second problem is that the texture ONLY shows up in the final preview when I rendered this object but for some reason the texture is on the top and not on the side.

Is someone here who can help me please?

Comments

• beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    The easiest thing to do to give you a decent starting place is to get ldraw. Create your model and save in ldraw format. Then use LView, part of the LDraw suite of software, to open the file and then save as a 3ds (3D Studio Max) file. You can then import the file into blender. The LDraw website has some decent tutorials for using the software and to do basic stuff is quite easy although not as easy as LDD.

Anyway, you can do this with entire models and if you want it to look like Lego this would be the easiest way. If you head over to eurobricks, in the forum they have a topic containing some sets/models people have shared the LDraw files for. You can then export/import the files. I use Cararra Pro and have had varying degrees of success when importing models into it and recently tried Blender but don't find it friendly at all. if you keep them small there shouldn't be any issues. If it's just a render you want, try using LDraw with LView and it can generate a POVRay file which you can render too and the end results are pretty good.
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    Thanks! :-)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    I read the title and thought "Why would you put a minifig head in a blender?!"
    hantotmargotmessy
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    ^Same here XD