Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Masters of the Universe, once more with feeling!

kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
edited September 2013 in Everything else LEGO
We know it'll never happen due to licencing but some would wish it otherwise and Orion Pax has done a fantastic job with figures, vehicles and to top it off... a full Castle Grayskull!

http://orionpax.de/23/index.php/showroom/gallery/35/MASTERS-OF-THE-UNIVERSE

Comments

• pd66pd66 UKMember Posts: 168
    Wow...just wow!

That stuff is amazing...
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 838
    It is pretty special. I'm not a massive He-Man fan but I do remember it from being a kid and the sets in particular look true to the cartoons. Not sure there'd be a massive market for it these days but credit where it's due, that's great work.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I'm not very familiar with Masters, only remember them vaguely from my childhood, but I'd so want instructions for that.
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    If you look past the MOTU stuff (which has a massive following on the Matty Collector front) he has also tackled M.A.S.K., Transformers and Knight Rider.

There is also a pretty sweet 60's Batmobile too.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I can only dream of having skills like that. Those are some awesome pieces.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Phenomenal. There are not enough superlatives to describe that amount of detail, ingenuity (yellow eyestalks), and accuracy across so much of the theme. Each and every fig, ship, base, is fantastic. Amazing work.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    OK, I just had a full-on flash back to my youth looking at this stuff. Seriously cool. I remember all those characters, all those vehicles, and all I have to say is....wow.
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    Never so much as heard of this. So just to provide the perspective of someone who has no idea what he's looking at: The castle is seriously sick, but the rest does nothing for me.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    The vehicles and locations are great. He captures the utter uselessness of the Dragon Walker perfectly.

I don't like the minifigures as much as those on this previously posted pic, but it's really all a pipe dream now, isn't it?
    Diggydoeslegomatt
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,242
    Schwallex said:

Never so much as heard of this. So just to provide the perspective of someone who has no idea what he's looking at: The castle is seriously sick, but the rest does nothing for me.

legomatt
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Very Nice! I was a GI Joe and Star Wars figure fan when I was little, but I would buy a set of those if they were reasonably priced....

I saw MOTU Bobble Heads for sale recently, so anything is possible.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013
    I must say, these are pretty damn impressive..!!!! The M.A.S.K. stuff and Transformers are also great!
    edited September 2013
    Just watched video. Excellent.

I don't know why I never noticed as a kid, but the power of greyskull also gives he-man a perfect all-over tan too... but just once question...

He's politely explaining all of this backstory to us, and we dutifully listen, then out of the blue, with no prior warning, and for no reason, except to perhaps emphasize his point, he punches us in the face! Gee thanks he-man.

I mean, the muscles, perfect tan, weapons, battle-ready mount, it's convincing enough without need for a black eye from the most powerful man in the universe for my troubles.

:oD

I hope i never meet the best mechanic in the universe, for fear of getting a wrench upside my head... I might be okay meeting the most attractive woman in the universe though (hopefully that intro isn't a kick in the crown jewels).
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBcarlqjasor
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    While you're researching you should look up She-Ra, his sister in another dimension... They even did crossover episodes and a movie to tie them together. Mattel trying to bring equality to the toy scene of the 80's, and if you watch enough you get to total equality in poor old Bow (a man alone among women but never looking for or getting any action!) lol
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    Here's epic for y'all.

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Those are completely amazing sets. The Snake Mountain set is awesome. One gripe, no Skunkor? lol
    Oh, how much i loathed that film for having the nerve to call itself 'MotU - the movie'.

It should have been called 'Wishing we had star wars, the movie'. No resemblance to MotU What-So-EVAAAR!

Yeeeeuuuurrghh.

*wipes foul taste from tongue*

• CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Those are completely amazing sets. The Snake Mountain set is awesome. One gripe, no Skunkor? lol

I think you are talking about Stinkor..???

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Oh yeah, you're right. I couldn't remember the name lol. I missed that one.