Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU cancelling orders on SW Death Star?

snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
edited July 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I placed an order to buy the SW Death Star a couple days ago. I was so excited and was looking forward to getting the set until I saw the cancellation this morning. :( They didn't say why they cancelled my order though. Anyone else here experienced the same?

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I ordered mine Sunday 1am PST and I got confirmation at 4am. It still appears to be scheduled for shipping, but I haven't received an update or tracking info.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ My order is in a similar situation. I ordered Saturday 16th at 9:30pm and received a confirmation e-mail on the 18th and the current status is showing as "located in stock".

@snowcone: do you know precisely when you ordered yours?
  • snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
    If you received a confirmation, I think you would be getting it. I only got the email that told me they received my order but no confirmation. :'(
  • CancanCancan Member Posts: 31
    I just received shipping confirmation/tracking numbers for my two Death Stars (one order but shipping in two shipments.) I ordered them pretty much the moment the sale went live Saturday night. Good luck!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    I just received shipping confirmation on my order, also
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    I placed 3 separate orders, including 2 Death Stars, and all of the statuses just say "Item located in stock". Weird how on one of the orders I never got an order received or order confirmation, but the status is the same as the other 2. I think TRU really got flooded with orders this weekend and it is just taking them a little while longer to process.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Two of my orders just changed to "shipped" - Fire Brigades and Shuttles. Diagon Alleys and Pod Racers are still "Item located in stock."
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited July 2011
    While I haven't had problems with TRU's services (mainly because I rarely order or purchase anything from them), I've noticed many inconsistencies in Lego's notification process. I made five orders this week and received confirmation emails for three of them. A day or two later I received three shipment notifications but they included only one of the aforementioned three. None have thus far arrived so I'm waiting to see how this plays out.

In the past, I've received order confirmations on sets that I never received. In 2008, I placed three orders for Slave-1. I received three order confirmations but only one order ever arrived; interestingly, I received no shipping confirmation. When I checked, I was billed for all three orders but after four months (I did some traveling in between) I contacted Lego and was told that they'd cancelled the other two orders because they ran out of stock. I pointed out that I'd been charged and they reimbursed me but the number of failures involved in the purchase was pretty large (no shipping confirmations, two orders permitted for sets not in stock, purchases charged when they were never shipped or even in stock, no order cancellation confirmations and no reimbursements).
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ I had that also. I placed 3 orders, each for around £50, to get the free Police Bikes and shipping. I had ONE order confirmation, so I phoned them, but they assured me that the 3 orders had gone through, and that they had been shipped. I was doubtful, as they were PAB orders, but I waited. A few hours later, I received a shipping confirmation for another of the orders (which I hadn't had an order confirmation for). A couple of days later I received 3 extremely oversized boxes with a police bike in each, and then that evening, a shipping confirmation for the third order, so I had one email for each! Then the 3 PAB orders showed up fine!
    I don't know what's going on, but I think they need that new webshop...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,122
    edited July 2011
    Mine were bought on Saturday night (sun day morning) and I got my shipping notification.